Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Ruffels is disrespected by some of our fans, certainly was when he left anyway...remember Steve Seddon being a huge upgrade?

I'd personally be happy to have him back, but I'm not sure he'd fit the criteria that Manning would be looking for in a new left-back.

The standard of articles the Oxford mail now produce are so dull. Liam Rice is not good at all. I can’t remember the last time he produced an article worthy of reading.
All they do is just listen to the same ifollow interviews as we do and then make 3 or 4 stories out of it. I can't actually remember the last time I bothered reading a story.

In fact I did read one last week. A day or 2 after I had made the thread about squad numbers and which players had changed numbers/taken other player's numbers, low and behold there was a story about squad numbers in the Oxford Mail! I still haven't had payment for doing their work for them.

Josh McEachran aiming for League One promotion with Oxford United.

"Last season with the squad that was here, they didn't come anyway near where they should've done. "

“We don’t want to get too ahead of ourselves but if we don’t say promotion, then what’s the point in being in the league really?"

“Everyone wants to get promoted at the end of the day, so that will be on everyone’s mind."

We know the board want promotion to the Championship and that will also help with the stadium, the players are obviously already aiming for promotion this season. The budget is there for a promotion push, there's investment being made in the club at all areas.

Although many on here, quite fairly, think mid-table wouldn't be a bad achievement after the mess Robinson left us in, it sounds like aspirations are far higher within the club this summer.

Exciting times to be an Oxford United fan, can't wait to see who else comes through the door.

Looks like Harvey Knibbs is off to our friends down the road, they might look to bring Sam Smith back as well

Josh McEachran aiming for League One promotion with Oxford United.

"Last season with the squad that was here, they didn't come anyway near where they should've done. "

“We don’t want to get too ahead of ourselves but if we don’t say promotion, then what’s the point in being in the league really?"

“Everyone wants to get promoted at the end of the day, so that will be on everyone’s mind."

We know the board want promotion to the Championship and that will also help with the stadium, the players are obviously already aiming for promotion this season. The budget is there for a promotion push, there's investment being made in the club at all areas.

Although many on here, quite fairly, think mid-table wouldn't be a bad achievement after the mess Robinson left us in, it sounds like aspirations are far higher within the club this summer.

Exciting times to be an Oxford United fan, can't wait to see who else comes through the door.

Despite the fact we are clearly hamstrung with some expensive and poor value for money contracts from last season, it is refreshing to see that sort of attitude from McEachran.

Despite the fact we are clearly hamstrung with some expensive and poor value for money contracts from last season, it is refreshing to see that sort of attitude from McEachran.
I would be very disappointed if McEachran didn't have this attitude.
I would also assume that Manning is far more ambitious this season than the Oxford supporters who have suggested that half way would be ok.

Alfie May apparently joining Gillingham.
I wouldn't be surprised.

When we played Cheltenham Paul Scally (ex Gills owner and still involved) was at the game with Andy Hessenthaler, their head of football. I had a chat with them, as Scally is actually quite a nice bloke, despite his reputation, and asked what they were doing there. He was quite open and said watching a player. When I asked who (thinking it might be one of ours) he told me it was Alfie May.

My Huddersfield supporting mate reckons Ruffels was decent at left wing back in the Championship so I would be happy to seehim back
Personally, I never wanted him to leave in the first place, he’s a very good player and a model pro.

After a number of seasons being patient and waiting for his chance, he then became a mainstay in our side, and one of our most consistent performers, and rightfully earned his shot at the championship, where by all accounts, he did pretty well, and was a regular starter at that level.

People go on about his defensive frailties, but almost all full backs/wing backs are better going forward than defending these days, even at the top level. I’m not saying that’s acceptable, but it’s the way the game has gone.

If we want a defensively solid LB/LWB then we might as well stick with Brown, but then people will be moaning that he doesn’t get forward effectively enough!

Can’t always have it both ways people!

I’ve said it before, Ruffels is a very good player at this level, and if he’s available for free, it’s a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom