Manager/Coach Robinsons future - Change of view?

Robins future - change of opinion?

• Robinson should have until the end of the season to get players back.

Votes: 18 9.7%
  • Robinson has until Christmas to turn things around.

Votes: 43 23.1%
  • He has until the end of October turn things around, with players back.

Votes: 38 20.4%
  • Enough, Robinson should go now to give the new manager time to assess the squad before the window.

Votes: 87 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So hopefully a few of the ‘big boys’ or at least their representatives will be flying over next weekend…
I wouldn't count on it. Grant Ferguson, yes, one or two representatives, maybe. As the Directors hold 90% of the shares, there would be no chance of anything untoward taking place. A read through of the accounts, some general finance questions and that's probably it. A shareholder revolution might involve a change of sandwich fillers.

I wouldn't count on it. Grant Ferguson, yes, one or two representatives, maybe. As the Directors hold 90% of the shares, there would be no chance of anything untoward taking place. A read through of the accounts, some general finance questions and that's probably it. A shareholder revolution might involve a change of sandwich fillers.
The problems we now have on the playing side are just highlighting the flaws we have with the ownership structure.

I know they’ve done a lot of good things for the club and invested heavily, and I’m not so naive to be blind to the fact that SB is their big incentive but I’d really like to see them getting more proactive with the playing side of the club now and not just leave it all in the hands of one man who is proving to be incapable of having that responsibility

The problems we now have on the playing side are just highlighting the flaws we have with the ownership structure.

I know they’ve done a lot of good things for the club and invested heavily, and I’m not so naive to be blind to the fact that SB is their big incentive but I’d really like to see them getting more proactive with the playing side of the club now and not just leave it all in the hands of one man who is proving to be incapable of having that responsibility

The board members were wise enough to close the purse on deadline day. They had seen KR signings, and didn’t want to allow him any more money. They won’t allow him to pee anymore money up against the wall.

You can’t question there ambition though. They’ve poured a lot of money in to the club. ie Training ground and facilities.

Now would be the perfect time to relieve Robbo of his duties. A nice gap, to bring someone in and new coaches and a DOF.

The board members were wise enough to close the purse on deadline day. They had seen KR signings, and didn’t want to allow him any more money. They won’t allow him to pee anymore money up against the wall.

That's not true. There was plenty of money available to spend and no transfers turned down by the board.

Why wait to the last day anyway where's the planning.I live in the potteries Port Vale have assembled a nice squad with iam sure a much smaller budget .Karl is the boss he's got us in this position

Why wait to the last day anyway where's the planning.I live in the potteries Port Vale have assembled a nice squad with iam sure a much smaller budget .Karl is the boss he's got us in this position
Port Vale's wages budget circa 2.8 million, I believe - OUFC at 4.5 million. Almost all the bottom half teams have budgets of 3 million or less. Cambridge are at not much more than 2 million.
Whatever the 'reaaons', there is no doubt that current squad performance level is one of the biggest underperformers in the whole pyramid. On a budget basis, we should be top 7. Factor in a very long-standing manager (something that managers themselves always tell us is a big advantage) and a super easy start to the season and we are under-performing by a pretty horrendous degree.
Yet - outside of these boards and RadOx phone-in - there seems to be an unwillingness to really question what has happened, or is happening. There is a 'see no evil, hear no evil' approach from Jerome, the OxFail.... and OxVox appears to have forgotten the 'Vox' bit of its name.
We need 2 things to happen in the next 6 months to ensure a bright future: 1) New stadium progress and 2) retention of L1 status.
The latter should not be taken for granted. Form throughout 2022 has been pretty sub-par over a period of 30 odd matches. There is no logical reason to assume that it will turn around just because.....

Port Vale's wages budget circa 2.8 million, I believe - OUFC at 4.5 million. Almost all the bottom half teams have budgets of 3 million or less. Cambridge are at not much more than 2 million.
Whatever the 'reaaons', there is no doubt that current squad performance level is one of the biggest underperformers in the whole pyramid. On a budget basis, we should be top 7. Factor in a very long-standing manager (something that managers themselves always tell us is a big advantage) and a super easy start to the season and we are under-performing by a pretty horrendous degree.
Yet - outside of these boards and RadOx phone-in - there seems to be an unwillingness to really question what has happened, or is happening. There is a 'see no evil, hear no evil' approach from Jerome, the OxFail.... and OxVox appears to have forgotten the 'Vox' bit of its name.
We need 2 things to happen in the next 6 months to ensure a bright future: 1) New stadium progress and 2) retention of L1 status.
The latter should not be taken for granted. Form throughout 2022 has been pretty sub-par over a period of 30 odd matches. There is no logical reason to assume that it will turn around just because.....
In fact, quick tot up. 2022 has (in unlikely event my maths is right) brought 43 pts from 32 matches. The next 12 matches brings games against Pompey, Ipswich, -Sheff Weds, Posh, Charlton. On current form I dont think its over-pessimistic to fear that we might end up at not a lot more than 50 pts from the calendar year. That is bottom 5 form over a very protracted period. Needs addressing.

You can’t question there ambition though. They’ve poured a lot of money in to the club. ie Training ground and facilities.

Now would be the perfect time to relieve Robbo of his duties. A nice gap, to bring someone in and new coaches and a DOF.
pure speculation -their inaction suggests otherwise

Whatever the 'reaaons', there is no doubt that current squad performance level is one of the biggest underperformers in the whole pyramid. On a budget basis, we should be top 7.
Higher when you factor in transfer and signing on fees paid this year, rather than mere wage bills.

If Karl was prevented from signing players we needed in the window he’ll want to leave, though he’ll hang on for a payoff. Sounds unlikely to me though
He wasn't prevented
The last day targets just didn't materialise
Apart from Anderson who was left roasting on the bench on Saturday after an underwhelming cameo at Plymouth

It doesn’t make any difference what we think:
He’s too thick skinned and has a delusional opinion of himself to walk.
The board haven’t got the balls to sack him.
So enjoy for the rest of the season.

We can only hope that the last transfer window was his Icarus moment and that subsequently he will crash into the sea.

Well they need to start listening. There was a time when Kassams board wernt listening, and we all know what happened there.

That's not true. There was plenty of money available to spend and no transfers turned down by the board.

Well if that’s the case, why wasn’t the money spent where it needed to be ie Left back, holding midfielder, and striker.

He had all window to do that, and he obviously never had a plan b,c, or d. Incase he missed out on a target etc.

I personally think the board tightened the purse strings, and I don’t blame them. He proved all of January, and the summer windows he can’t assemble a squad properly. So why chuck more money his way, especially if it’s going to be spent on crocks, or has been’s.

Well if that’s the case, why wasn’t the money spent where it needed to be ie Left back, holding midfielder, and striker.

He had all window to do that, and he obviously never had a plan b,c, or d. Incase he missed out on a target etc.

I personally think the board tightened the purse strings, and I don’t blame them. He proved all of January, and the summer windows he can’t assemble a squad properly. So why chuck more money his way, especially if it’s going to be spent on crocks, or has been’s.

Believe what you want to believe.

There was no "tightening of purse strings" There was no shortage of funds. There were more funds made available than ever before. What was missing was the willingness of players to join OUFC.

Whichever way you view it, purse open or closed, KR failed abysmally to acquire his primary targets.
That is almost understandable, agents, players etc will always play the market.
Aim high and achieve 70% is acceptable in most jobs.
The problem is he never had a Plan B and every other idea of putting square pegs in round holes has failed, leaving us disjointed, threadbare and struggling.

And that is a mix of bad luck, bad planning and bad management.

Back
Top Bottom