Manager/Coach Change of role for Faz

I was told last week to expect a new face at the club this week, and one that would really show our intent. I assumed it was a player (which may well still happen!) but maybe it's an off the field appointment. I know that there were different thoughts about Mous being able to fully commit to coaching whilst still playing, so I suspect that he'll do another year in a role that links the playing squad and management informally with a view to move into the dugout properly next season.

I would guess that we would look to bring in someone who could step in if Robinson is tempted away. His stock remains high, and a good start to the season with us, and someone like Brentford struggling could lead to another Blackpool situation, but one he'd not turn down.

So I'm guessing fairly young (late 30's) ex player with some coaching experience at maybe youth levels at a bigger club, but with a lot of potential.

......or Mous announced at 10am!!!! ??
With no disrespect to Mous if that’s a new face and show our clubs intent, then I think that would be a ooor announcement with Mous being made coach.

With no disrespect to Mous if that’s a new face and show our clubs intent, then I think that would be a ooor announcement with Mous being made coach.

If Mous is the best man for the best man for the job, it's what I'd prefer. I can see him being a good fit for this club for a few years to come.

I'd rather our club's intent (as far as 'name brands') came from some on-pitch signings.

If Mous is the best man for the best man for the job, it's what I'd prefer. I can see him being a good fit for this club for a few years to come.

So would I, just saying that if this potential news about Mous is the showing of intent then I think it’s poor, Mous would make a good coach

So would I, just saying that if this potential news about Mous is the showing of intent then I think it’s poor, Mous would make a good coach

Well, Scotchegg's hearsay regarding showing of intent referred to a 'new face'. So it's doubtful to be Mous (unless he's spent his few weeks off in Harley Street)

Well, Scotchegg's hearsay regarding showing of intent referred to a 'new face'. So it's doubtful to be Mous (unless he's spent his few weeks off in Harley Street)
I thought that, just replied to @Scotchegg regarding his post about statement of intent.
Although I thought that may have been eMatty Taylor the statement of intent

Phil Neville, just putting the name out there. No rumours, no “I’ve been told” just a name who’s available that’s all. Also Karl in the past has brought in Ian Wright to help out, again just putting the name out there.

Phil Neville, just putting the name out there. No rumours, no “I’ve been told” just a name who’s available that’s all. Also Karl in the past has brought in Ian Wright to help out, again just putting the name out there.

Also, Pochettino.

Also, Pochettino.
Ian Wright with his media work might not be a option, but why not Phil Neville? Very good coach with lots of good links. Has said he wants to get back into men’s football & if I recall, someone mentioned on here before that IF Karl was to move on then the club would like someone who can step up to the managers job in house!? Again I’m just bringing this up for debating purposes, that’s all.

Ian Wright with his media work might not be a option, but why not Phil Neville? Very good coach with lots of good links. Has said he wants to get back into men’s football & if I recall, someone mentioned on here before that IF Karl was to move on then the club would like someone who can step up to the managers job in house!? Again I’m just bringing this up for debating purposes, that’s all.

I feel like Neville would have a bigger 'in' with Salford City, if he just wanted to coach men's football for the experience. And Karl has stated if he was to groom a successor to himself, it'd be Mous.

We can all name out of work/available coaches with name brands and pedigrees, but I don't think many of them will be coming to us on permanent deals for League One wages, just for the opportunity to get coaching experience. We're more likely to get a trusted coach in from the lower leagues than anything else.

with Taylor signing permanently, maybe Tappins will be the new coach ?

A statement of intent is not only subjective, but could apply to anyone.

However, Faz had a hands on approach to training and it would be difficult for Mous to do that whilst still playing. This is likely to be his last full season as a player and it will be important that he's able to focus fully on his own game, even more do if we don't replace Dickie. That's not to say that Mous wouldn't be a fantastic coach/manager but that the may be an opportunity to add another layer to what is already a pretty strong coaching structure.

Whoever the new assistant is, they were at the training ground today! Sounds like the club are managing new stories bit by bit so I guess we'll know in the next day or two.

Whoever the new assistant is, they were at the training ground today! Sounds like the club are managing new stories bit by bit so I guess we'll know in the next day or two.
And apparently someone we nearly brought in as a coach last summer? I seem to remember talk of somebody back then but cant remember who was discussed?

This thread is getting embarrassing..
By the way, anyone know what Brian Wilsterman is up to these days?

Back
Top Bottom