Manager/Coach Change of role for Faz

Francis Jeffers? Mates with Robbo apparently, coaching with Everton Academy but looking at getting into club management. We've had good links with Everton in the past and will fit the model of player development.

Francis Jeffers? Mates with Robbo apparently, coaching with Everton Academy but looking at getting into club management. We've had good links with Everton in the past and will fit the model of player development.
That was the one I was trying to think of! I wouldve thought whoever it is will be officially announced today. If he‘s at the ground with everyone, there’s no way they'll keep it a secret for long.

That was the one I was trying to think of! I wouldve thought whoever it is will be officially announced today. If he‘s at the ground with everyone, there’s no way they'll keep it a secret for long.

Maybe tomorrow when everyone is back together. But with a couple of loans likely to go through, and couple of younger players already signed according to KR, the preseason to be formally announced and maybe the sponsors and new kit coming out, then I would guess that the news will feed to the media bit by bit.

This fella played 650 league games, assisted one of the best managers in the past 20 years (Sam Allardyce) and has managed decent sized clubs
in the past fifteen years i.e Hull and Derby. A certain association may taint him though.

And Brown lives in Oxfordshire (West Oxon to be precise ! )

This fella played 650 league games, assisted one of the best managers in the past 20 years (Sam Allardyce) and has managed decent sized clubs
in the past fifteen years i.e Hull and Derby. A certain association may taint him though.

And Brown lives in Oxfordshire (West Oxon to be precise ! )
Ahaaa, it's you, you are Phil brown and I claim my five pounds

Hmmm. Wonder where you heard that?

Had heard from someone who worked with him at Notts County that he enjoyed his brief spell with us around the play-offs and we were looking at options for him to stay in some kind of role. With the Faz announcement, I've put 2 and 2 together. I'll wait to see if my maths is right.

Had heard from someone who worked with him at Notts County that he enjoyed his brief spell with us around the play-offs and we were looking at options for him to stay in some kind of role. With the Faz announcement, I've put 2 and 2 together. I'll wait to see if my maths is right.
He's fairly local I believe, or his family is. I know he turned up for an impromptu 5-aside kick around with a mate a few months back!

We shall see. Just strange how I mentioned it on twitter and then minutes later, it’s here!

I read a story from, I think, Neil Warnock, about Craig Short when he started playing. He had a good engine and attitude but was poor on the ball. So he would go to the parks with Chris and practice, and practice, and practice until he developed a game that took him to Everton and Blackburn.

Last I heard, he was coaching at Derby academy, so will have good connections and experience of developing young players.

There would certainly be worse people to bring in to the club.

Back
Top Bottom