National News Nottingham Stabbings

So taking account of all you have said on this case and the parameters you state about are you saying your are happy to execute the mentally ill?

...... that have committed multiple, premeditated, heinous crimes? Yep.

No they wouldn`t.

Show me a case of multiple murders since 1990 where there was a wrongful conviction. I can wait.

I accept there have been wrongful convictions for single murders, but those people wouldn't have been dead, only exceptional cases of multiple murders.

Nope the prison system is sufficient to deal with them.

I`m advocating an exceptional punishment for exceptional crimes.
Rettendon murders? Not an expert but the evidence against them looks a bit flaky to me.

Rettendon murders? Not an expert but the evidence against them looks a bit flaky to me.

Again, any level of evidential doubt would prevent the ultimate sanction being used.

The word of a "super grass" saving his own skin wouldn`t cut it nor would the behaviour of Essex Police.

And knowing two of those involved, and one other who was occasionally named, they all make good bedfellows.

The Nottingham case has no such doubt and an overwhelming amount of robust evidence.

Again, any level of evidential doubt would prevent the ultimate sanction being used.

The word of a "super grass" saving his own skin wouldn`t cut it nor would the behaviour of Essex Police.

And knowing two of those involved, and one other who was occasionally named, they all make good bedfellows.

The Nottingham case has no such doubt and an overwhelming amount of robust evidence.

There is also overwhelming and robust evidence to suggest that his mental illness diminished his responsibility. You may not believe that, but the trial judge did based on the evidence presented.

So whilst there is no doubt that he committed multiple heinous murders, premeditation can not be proved beyond reasonable doubt.

You know people who were involved in the Essex boys murders? Spill the beans then, don’t leave us in ITK suspense, this isn’t the transfer window thread.

You know people who were involved in the Essex boys murders? Spill the beans then, don’t leave us in ITK suspense, this isn’t the transfer window thread.

Dave King & Tony Tucker ran the door at a bar/club at the end of the road when I lived in Essex with MrsEY(Mk1).

Was called Bellini`s when we moved out, might have had a different name at the time but it was a long time ago.

Dave, who I knew better, was known locally as Rolex Dave - proper Essex/London lad - flash cars, watches, bundles of cash etc. Nice enough chap but you wouldn`t want to be on the wrong side of him or any of his friends. Most of them were pumped body builder types who consumed too much muck like steroids, coke etc.

When they all got together at Raquel`s in Basildon it was all private rooms and the like.

Rumour was that £500k (at the time) worth of gear had gone missing after an airdrop, and that the suppliers sent someone over to investigate and meet them, hence they had no concern about turning up for the meet.

Essex police ran an operation to find out what was going on, IIRC it was called Centurion or the like. From that rumours of IRA involvement were spawned.

I would agree that the convictions are very likely to be unsafe and the evidence, especially from the police and Nicholls is far from sound.

Ergo - the alleged perpetrators wouldn`t get the ultimate sanction. :)

Dave King & Tony Tucker ran the door at a bar/club at the end of the road when I lived in Essex with MrsEY(Mk1).

Was called Bellini`s when we moved out, might have had a different name at the time but it was a long time ago.

Dave, who I knew better, was known locally as Rolex Dave - proper Essex/London lad - flash cars, watches, bundles of cash etc. Nice enough chap but you wouldn`t want to be on the wrong side of him or any of his friends. Most of them were pumped body builder types who consumed too much muck like steroids, coke etc.

When they all got together at Raquel`s in Basildon it was all private rooms and the like.

Rumour was that £500k (at the time) worth of gear had gone missing after an airdrop, and that the suppliers sent someone over to investigate and meet them, hence they had no concern about turning up for the meet.

Essex police ran an operation to find out what was going on, IIRC it was called Centurion or the like. From that rumours of IRA involvement were spawned.

I would agree that the convictions are very likely to be unsafe and the evidence, especially from the police and Nicholls is far from sound.

Ergo - the alleged perpetrators wouldn`t get the ultimate sanction. :)

That Dave King was shot dead separately a lot later wasn't he, Tucker was shot with two others in the famous killing.

So many rumours about it they you will never know, doubt the IRA were ever involved, they were relatively small time bouncer type drug dealers who pissed off the wrong people and paid the price for that, about 4 or 5 heavier people been linked to it from Ken Noye, the Hunt family, Blundells etc, could be any or none of them, doesn't pay to make enemies and be seen as an unreliable in that world.

A little industry has sprung up around them/the murders with endless films, books etc, when you look into it Tucker and Tate had only known each other about 18 months and they are made out to be the modern Krays when really they were no where near even the reality of the Krays let alone that other bloated myth. Weird thing is they are using actors to play them now who are in their mid 50s yet they were all long gone by that age, just shows the power of myth over reality.

Last edited:
Yep, Dave went about the same time as we moved out. Early 2000`s or so.

Was named as an informer at a related trial which done for him in that world.

The IRA bit came from the police operation, Essex police used RUC officers to lean on people amongst other dubious practices.

Back
Top Bottom