National News Nottingham Stabbings

Nottinghamshire Police confirm 3 dead (stabbed and maybe run over by a van) in the early hours of the morning.

31 year old arrested on suspicion of murder.

Nottinghamshire Police confirm 3 dead (stabbed and maybe run over by a van) in the early hours of the morning.

31 year old arrested on suspicion of murder.
What o can’t work out why has it made the Om online?
It’s a tragic case and rheee has been the arrest you mentioned nothing else yet mentioned

The killer got found guilty for MANSLAUGHER now murder. He set out to KILL people ffs!

Hasn't the judge said it's highly unlikely he'll ever be released? If so, sentence is similar to that of murder.
Does not matter, he should be labeled a murderer. What if that was your son/daughter/wife who was murdered? Would you be happy with the scumbag being done for manslaughter? it makes a mockery of their deaths.

He will spend the rest of his life in a plush hospital room.

Hasn't the judge said it's highly unlikely he'll ever be released? If so, sentence is similar to that of murder.

I would hope someone who murders 3 random, innocent people in cold blood and attempted to murder at least 3 more is never released, not even the slightest chance should be allowed. We would put a dog down for what he did, I would happily see the same happen to him. Manslaughter for what he did is ridiculous.

Does not matter, he should be labeled a murderer. What if that was your son/daughter/wife who was murdered? Would you be happy with the scumbag being done for manslaughter? it makes a mockery of their deaths.

He will spend the rest of his life in a plush hospital room.
The label doesn't really matter if the outcome is the same? Even if he was convicted of murder he still would've ended up in psychiatric detention rather than prison.

I would hope someone who murders 3 random, innocent people in cold blood and attempted to murder at least 3 more is never released, not even the slightest chance should be allowed. We would put a dog down for what he did, I would happily see the same happen to him. Manslaughter for what he did is ridiculous.
I'm not necessarily disagreeing, just making the point that whether it was labelled manslaughter or murder wouldn't have made much difference to the outcome/sentence.

Mr Justice Turner says Calocane was "substantially impaired" by mental illness. I’d argue that anyone who kills 3 people has a ‘mental illness’, but does that mean all murderers (which he is by the way) should go to a high security hospital rather than prison? Not in my mind

Mr Justice Turner says Calocane was "substantially impaired" by mental illness". I’d argue that anyone who kills 3 people has a ‘mental illness’, but does that mean all murderers (which he is by the way) should go to a high security hospital rather than prison? Not in my mind
Some people think that's an excuse to downgrade the sentence to manslaughter.................................

Mr Justice Turner says Calocane was "substantially impaired" by mental illness. I’d argue that anyone who kills 3 people has a ‘mental illness’, but does that mean all murderers (which he is by the way) should go to a high security hospital rather than prison? Not in my mind
I believe it's decided based on diagnosable mental illnesses and the severity of them (psychosis, schizophrenia etc). If a murderer doesn't have any of these to at least a detectable level then it's just prison.

He had severe schizophrenia. Murderers don't all have this, no.

Should have got a suspended sentence.
1706187858019.png

Very unlikely to ever be released, very likely has no mental concept of what he did or what detention is.

The "bed cost" of a secure unit is circa £600+ a day............ which will rise exponentially for the rest of his life.

Remind me why we should keep him alive?

Should have got a suspended sentence.
View attachment 17578

Very unlikely to ever be released, very likely has no mental concept of what he did or what detention is.

The "bed cost" of a secure unit is circa £600+ a day............ which will rise exponentially for the rest of his life.

Remind me why we should keep him alive?
Saying we should kill people who do wrong is never the ethical standpoint people think it is.

Back
Top Bottom