New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I envy those of have a vote in CDC on May 2nd. Here in SODC I can only vote for the bloody Police & Crime Commissioner. If I did have a vote in a Cherwell District Council ward, I would vote for the candidate most likely to beat a LibDem or Green, based on the votes cast in the previous election.

I envy those of have a vote in CDC on May 2nd. Here in SODC I can only vote for the bloody Police & Crime Commissioner. If I did have a vote in a Cherwell District Council ward, I would vote for the candidate most likely to beat a LibDem or Green, based on the votes cast in the previous election.

Same here in Abingdon. Any idea who would be best to vote for to be police and crime commissioner though ?

You're right, as annoying as he is Mr Middleton could have a legitimate role in supporting a KPC document. Ms Campbell or McIvor would not!

That's Green Party Councillor McIvor and Green Party Candidate Campbell (x2) to you sunshine.

If proven its yet more evidence of Green Party predetermination with regards to the stadium and makes their chances of being involved with the planning committee for this proposal even slimmer.

At the end of the day remember this.

On most planning applications received by CDC I would bet that there are a fair few objections

But never ever will they have received this many people supporting a planning proposal to go ahead

That must count for something because it there are objections if gives the committee something to think about.

But in this case it’s pretty evident that support will outweigh objections

Edit
Anyone have the final figures yet

I guess this one is irrelevant in planning terms but it made me shed a tear

That’s heartbreaking, it’s the sort that will get the North Oxford nobheads sneering it’s irrelevant under planning regulations all the while blatantly lying and making any old shite up. Yet they actually think they are the better people than the woman who wrote that, when in reality they are not fit to share public transport with her.

That’s heartbreaking, it’s the sort that will get the North Oxford nobheads sneering it’s irrelevant under planning regulations all the while blatantly lying and making any old shite up. Yet they actually think they are the better people than the woman who wrote that, when in reality they are not fit to share public transport with her.
They are not fit to share the same species with her. Heartbreaking story.

Not according to Colin who is very close to this. He has suggested that they have been behind this from the beginning.
Look at what LibDems and Greens are doing to try and destroy our club.

I’m not being obtuse, but can you outline for me how the Conservatives - who aren’t in power and have no say over this - have been ‘behind this from the start’? Has Colin gone through this somewhere?

I’m not saying I know different, but I would be interested to know how they have managed that.

And again - and I’m not deliberately labouring the point - other than Gant and Levy’s objections (which as I’ve said elsewhere you’d expect from local councillors on a local issue) what else have the LDs done to have earned the tag of ‘trying to destroy our club’?

I have said here, and I have been told from a reliable source - that the Greens are attempting to throw spanners in the works, but what have the LDs done to be grouped in with them?

Are there other examples beyond Gant and Levy that I’m not aware of? And again, this is a genuine question.

The Lib Dem’s were never sharing beds with the Greens.

It would of been political suicide on there part!

It will all go through, and building will start in the Autumn.

Anyone fancy some part time labouring, to help speed up the build process…

Do the Union Berlin method have have a couple of thousand volunteers to help.

What are the Lib Dems and Greens doing then? Trying to destroy OUFC that's what!

What are they doing that makes you and others think this?

I understand the Gant and Levy objections, but as I’ve said elsewhere, that’s because they represent wards that will have large ‘anti’ demographics and so, politically, it’s understandable that they would object themselves so as to demonstrate their thinking is in line with the people they represent. They won’t want to be voted out.

What else has been said and done for them to be getting this much heat?

Again, I genuinely would like to know - I’m open to having my mind changed if there are things I’ve missed.

I am anti-Conservative more than I am anything else. And from where I’m sitting, they’re using the stadium project as a cheap political points scoring opportunity.
This is a strange stance. In the context of local politics we are seeing Lib Dems and Greens actively trying to undermine the new stadium. In turn we have vocal Tory and Labour politicians speaking up in favour of the stadium.

The makeup of OCC in recent history contains a Tory/Lib Dem alliance in the early 2000s (and don't forget the 'coalition government' - no true "anti-Conservative" should be voting Lib Dem with any confidence). Following the 2021 elections Labour won enough seats to form a coalition with the Lib Dems and Greens (under Lib Dem leadership) and to remove the Tories from power, and it was during this period where a lot of publicised progress was made on the lease culminating in the September 2023 OCC meeting where OCC agreed in principle to lease the club the land. Shortly after that Labour withdrew from the coalition, leaving the Lib Dems and Greens to start their backsliding for which we are all now desperately trying to hold them to account on.

I have no inside knowledge, but I remember a rumour at the time being that Labour were unable to accept the influence of the small number of Green Party politicians in the leadership of the council hence their withdrawal. From what we've seen since September, this adds up perfectly.

So in short we have:

Tories - Proven to be supportive
Labour - Proven to be supportive
Lib Dems - Proven to be Lib Dems (i.e. no principles and jumping into bed with anyone to get their moment in the sun)
Greens - Proven to be against

Voting against, for example, a supportive local Conservative candidate in favour of a Green or Lib Dem on the principle of being anti-Conservative is to throw away a once in a lifetime chance for a permanent home for our club. Ultimately the national government will set the budgets of local councils (and in a general election I will be praying for Tory annihilation), but the stadium issue is something we can have an actual influence on locally - don't waste it (though if you're lucky Labour will be best placed to win your seat, and you can vote for them without having to compromise your principles)!

I understand the Gant and Levy objections, but as I’ve said elsewhere, that’s because they represent wards that will have large ‘anti’ demographics and so, politically, it’s understandable that they would object themselves so as to demonstrate their thinking is in line with the people they represent. They won’t want to be voted out.

Again, I genuinely would like to know - I’m open to having my mind changed if there are things I’ve missed.
You understand Gant and Levy's objections?!?! Are you for real?

They want to kill OUFC. What kind of fan are you?

No stadium = no club.

Trolling now. Time to push the ignore button.

I’m not being obtuse, but can you outline for me how the Conservatives - who aren’t in power and have no say over this - have been ‘behind this from the start’? Has Colin gone through this somewhere?

I’m not saying I know different, but I would be interested to know how they have managed that.

And again - and I’m not deliberately labouring the point - other than Gant and Levy’s objections (which as I’ve said elsewhere you’d expect from local councillors on a local issue) what else have the LDs done to have earned the tag of ‘trying to destroy our club’?

I have said here, and I have been told from a reliable source - that the Greens are attempting to throw spanners in the works, but what have the LDs done to be grouped in with them?

Are there other examples beyond Gant and Levy that I’m not aware of? And again, this is a genuine question.

I absolutely defended your right to post, and believe that you are a genuine Oxford United fan. But on this issue I believe that you are being obtuse.

You are incredibly naive about the links that some local councillors have and how they cut through party lines. The Lib Dems and Greens have been in bed for sometime in Oxfordshire as part of a "Progressive Alliance". A few years ago the Lib Dems were almost wiped out as a political party on a national level. The only way they could compete was to join with the Greens or Independent councillors to form an alliance that would be taken more seriously than their individual numbers would allow.

As a consequence, deals were done, campaigns were joined and agreements made not to sit in opposing seats. It would be naive to think that these deals were purely "gentlemen's agreements" and there are indications locally that there were also financial arrangements that crossed parties but here is not the right place to expand on this.

We have then seen the collapse in the Conservative vote and, with it not being a traditionally strong region for Labour, the Lib Dems are hoping to capitalise and consequently other members of these alliances are calling in their favours.

Again, this isn't the place to go into too much detail, but I can 100% link Lib Dems and Green members who have actively worked together, and these members are directly linked to FoSB and other protest groups, often with the same key members.

Others are fully aware of these links and have been targeted by them. Liam Walker and Nigel Simpson are two councillors who have not only represented their local communities across numerous issues but have also stood up to the Lib Dem/Green campaign to fight for the future of our football club. It would have been easy to keep away from some of these battles, but they have addressed them head on and have also help build links across all councils. There are many to thank if our planning application is successful, but I would not undervalue the roles these two councillors have done for little personal gain.

I appreciate that not everyone is aware of some of the issues behind the scenes. But there are others who I would hope people will trust when they talk about what is happening, even if not everything is being shared across public forums.

I guess this one is irrelevant in planning terms but it made me shed a tear
This is my letter of support… I’m not sure how relevant it is to the planning argument either but just wanted to get across how important the club is to me and my family and us as a fanbase on the whole and why this is so much more than just a planning battle. It’s about saving our club. Life is more important than arguing over green spaces and how people will cope with road closures, although I know that’s the worst some have to go through (lucky them!) so I guess they have to moan about something!

Regarding the Conservatives have no power as it’s CDC who make the decision and they are currently the biggest party and ruling minority I would say you are wrong. The current two biggest parties are Conservatives and Labour (just) and both are in favour so hopefully the Prodressive (not) Alliance won’t gain much.

Back
Top Bottom