New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Can't see CDC being a problem they have approve or reject on its own merits they can't reject just because Mawson don't want it 2 miles from where she lives
Yes and no. To say that politics doesn’t enter into decision making on planning committees is a little naive. It happens unfortunately and is somewhat unavoidable - particularly in LAs without a majority. If so, and it doesn’t conform to the NPPF, it’ll either getting called in locally, or be sent to the Planning Inspectorate. But the politics of this does matter.

You’d like to think (and hope) that the application will pass because it is certainly strong. It has a very good chance of succeeding.

But it’s no given.

Yep. I still think the bigger problem may come from the Cabinet if planning was approved and the only thing standing in our way was them agreeing the lease. Something that seems more subjective and open to councillors letting their own views determine the outcome.
It's things like this in the conditions
Occ could ultimately decide it

developing local employment opportunities in Oxfordshire

How do you measure that they could quite easily say not enough jobs created so it's a no from us

Yep. I still think the bigger problem may come from the Cabinet if planning was approved and the only thing standing in our way was them agreeing the lease. Something that seems more subjective and open to councillors letting their own views determine the outcome.
If we get planning, I am really not sure that the lease would be turned down.
In principle the lease has been agreed, and at that stage ( with elections a way off), would a small number of people seriously want to kill off a football club ( and disadvantage themselves financially)?

I wonder if in this scenario something could be done by OUFC fans to apply pressure to Labour and the Conservatives to make a coalition to take control of the council and agree the lease?

Currently the two parties have a huge majority, but for obvious reasons are not in coalition today.

If we get planning, I am really not sure that the lease would be turned down.
In principle the lease has been agreed, and at that stage ( with elections a way off), would a small number of people seriously want to kill off a football club ( and disadvantage themselves financially)?
one word middleton

It's things like this in the conditions
Occ could ultimately decide it

developing local employment opportunities in Oxfordshire

How do you measure that they could quite easily say not enough jobs created so it's a no from us
I actually had a chat of this sort with IM on Twitter when he said 'Cabinet Members don't necessarily have to be impartial'. I thought he'd contradict himself in his reply to my politely worded question, which he didn't disappoint on.

1714748971512.png

I actually had a chat of this sort with IM on Twitter when he said 'Cabinet Members don't necessarily have to be impartial'. I thought he'd contradict himself in his reply to my politely worded question, which he didn't disappoint on.

View attachment 19365
so if they don't want it they can just say you haven't met the condition basically

They could but then all the club have to do is appeal to central government and it will be overturned.
Yes, although it's both timely and costly.

They've come this far so my guess is the club would near certainly explore the option. The downside of course which they can't influence is the time it'll take to overturn a decision like that. We'd be looking at a certain ground share at least shorter term.

Yes, although it's both timely and costly.

They've come this far so my guess is the club would near certainly explore the option. The downside of course which they can't influence is the time it'll take to overturn a decision like that. We'd be looking at a certain ground share at least shorter term.

While it would be costly at first the club could recoup the costs if it was found that the decision was made incorrectly. It would probably bankrupt the already failing Cherwell council.

Back
Top Bottom