New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Billy you are really close to all that is going on.
Do you think that there will be a load of anti stadium objections at the last minute?
Or have FOSB really annoyed people so much together with a positive view of the stadium, that we will see less opposition that we thought?

I don't really get what is to be gained by people holding off filling it in? I just don't think they have the numbers to get many people to fill the form in. The people that went out and voted were pretty much all the backing they have, the size of the opposing numbers has always been low. The new stadium is not even in Kidlington so it was hardly going to get the whole village up in arms, most of them won't even know a game is on, a lot of people are sensible enough to realise that.

I don't really get what is to be gained by people holding off filling it in? I just don't think they have the numbers to get many people to fill the form in. The people that went out and voted were pretty much all the backing they have, the size of the opposing numbers has always been low. The new stadium is not even in Kidlington so it was hardly going to get the whole village up in arms, most of them won't even know a game is on, a lot of people are sensible enough to realise that.
Yes hopefully you are right.
If that is what transpires, then FOSB dirty tricks will have failed.
This should help in planning.
Just the Heads of Terms to be signed off at the moment.

Google Caroline Jayne Church Limited and look who is a director on companies house.
I'm not sure there is too much in that company link tbh. That company belonged to an author who sadly passed away. Only after that did other directors get involved. I'm only guessing here, but I imagine the reason it is now listed as both an illustrator and real estate letting company is that some property used by the company was then rented out after this point. Certainly doesn't scream property developer to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

Honestly I think there will be a few but no where near what they are hoping for. I think we will see more in support in Kidlington itself than against.
The older generation might walk to a polling station but when it comes to going online to fill a form out I don't think they will do it.
If we take the occ consultation and the poll 3k at the poll occ consultation down to 1000 while our numbers have dropped also I think they have grown stronger in Kidlington it's quite tell that Mrs b only asked today where the portal was didn't seem to know what it was

Since the attempted money grab by fosb Ive had the feeling that quite a few have gone off of fosb and even more so the more false information they have come out with I think those against have seen that us Oxford supporters have been telling the truth all the way along.

I sense that's a good reading of it. It extends to our fanbase too. Plenty will bother to attend games and travel hundreds of miles to games yet won't head online to fill in a form.

Just a hunch, but I sense that outside the hardcore of FOSB 'members', the enthusiasm has ebbed away. The visible fundraising has slowed and those who have donated once are loathe to donate again if they don't know what their donations are being spent on. It's throwing good money after bad. There is still opposition in Kidlington and that's to be expected. I just sense it to be a few people grumbling about traffic and road closures rather than any formal campaign to stop it. Individuals moaning in the OM or on Facebook are no threat to this.

That said, I wouldn't write off FOSB just yet since McIvor knows her way around delaying tactics, but as an entity, I don't see them as the formal opposition anymore. That is the political powers-that-be. With Cllr Gant showing his hand, there is a piece of me deeply concerned that the red tape and slow moving wheels of local government could hold this up. We have nowhere to play once the last ball has been kicked in the 2025-26 season. Nowhere to play and what next for the future of the club?

I believe it was @Scotchegg who said he was waiting for more from the club to add it to his comments.

With TW suggesting that the 'next few days' could see more, I can understand that position. Just don't leave it too late, folks.

I believe it was @Scotchegg who said he was waiting for more from the club to add it to his comments.

With TW suggesting that the 'next few days' could see more, I can understand that position. Just don't leave it too late, folks.

My comments were aimed more at FOSB and their wait until they give guidance advice, which turned out to not be much at all so they could of just done it at the beginning.

I sense that's a good reading of it. It extends to our fanbase too. Plenty will bother to attend games and travel hundreds of miles to games yet won't head online to fill in a form.

Just a hunch, but I sense that outside the hardcore of FOSB 'members', the enthusiasm has ebbed away. The visible fundraising has slowed and those who have donated once are loathe to donate again if they don't know what their donations are being spent on. It's throwing good money after bad. There is still opposition in Kidlington and that's to be expected. I just sense it to be a few people grumbling about traffic and road closures rather than any formal campaign to stop it. Individuals moaning in the OM or on Facebook are no threat to this.

That said, I wouldn't write off FOSB just yet since McIvor knows her way around delaying tactics, but as an entity, I don't see them as the formal opposition anymore. That is the political powers-that-be. With Cllr Gant showing his hand, there is a piece of me deeply concerned that the red tape and slow moving wheels of local government could hold this up. We have nowhere to play once the last ball has been kicked in the 2025-26 season. Nowhere to play and what next for the future of the club?
I've been back through many old threads on nextdoor before any details came out those who voiced concerns have slowly disappeared most of discussions on nextdoor now are just Vicky on her own now they may of just got bored of the same discussion but when fosb have posted a bit false information i have now noticed those who did voice concerns and backed fosb are now liking posts that counter fosb

Honestly I think there will be a few but no where near what they are hoping for. I think we will see more in support in Kidlington itself than against.
The older generation might walk to a polling station but when it comes to going online to fill a form out I don't think they will do it.
If we take the occ consultation and the poll 3k at the poll occ consultation down to 1000 while our numbers have dropped also I think they have grown stronger in Kidlington it's quite tell that Mrs b only asked today where the portal was didn't seem to know what it was

Since the attempted money grab by fosb Ive had the feeling that quite a few have gone off of fosb and even more so the more false information they have come out with I think those against have seen that us Oxford supporters have been telling the truth all the way along.
Billy, during the poll you would have seen many of those objecting were taken to vote by Greens and LibDems. This time it’s by computer or letter.

I'm not sure there is too much in that company link tbh. That company belonged to an author who sadly passed away. Only after that did other directors get involved. I'm only guessing here, but I imagine the reason it is now listed as both an illustrator and real estate letting company is that some property used by the company was then rented out after this point. Certainly doesn't scream property developer to me, but maybe I'm missing something.
Screenshot_20240415-153347~2.png

Reading the planning application comments it’s extremely heartening to see so much support for our club and the
proposed new stadium, in particular the support from Kidlington itself and the surrounding area.

It just goes to show that the previous KPC/fosb ‘poll’ was meaningless, not representative of Kidlington at all, and a complete waste of local taxpayers money.

The fact that fosb thought Kidlington taxpayers should pay their legal bill was outrageous and a huge own goal. Whoever came up with that proposal gave the local pro stadium support a massive boost.

Reading the planning application comments it’s extremely heartening to see so much support for our club and the
proposed new stadium, in particular the support from Kidlington itself and the surrounding area.

It just goes to show that the previous KPC/fosb ‘poll’ was meaningless, not representative of Kidlington at all, and a complete waste of local taxpayers money.

The fact that fosb thought Kidlington taxpayers should pay their legal bill was outrageous and a huge own goal. Whoever came up with that proposal gave the local pro stadium support a massive boost.
It also shows that "poll" was called way too early, no one had a definite idea on what the proposals really were apart from it being a stadium.

I think now the plans are out, people are warming far more to the stadium. What a difference a year makes.

It also shows that "poll" was called way too early, no one had a definite idea on what the proposals really were apart from it being a stadium.

I think now the plans are out, people are warming far more to the stadium. What a difference a year makes.

Well thanks to FoSB we knew it was going to be bigger than Wembley.

screenshot_2024-04-15-12-33-07-32_a5e8fe7543e41cfbc6cdd74088af5b74-jpg.18894
She must have forgotten saying the Triangle was contaminated land.

Back
Top Bottom