General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the club were involved you'd like to think they'd point out the two different dates on that flyer! When is it?! 19th September or 2nd October?!

I've only seen what has been shared on twitter, but I'm not entirely sure what to make of it.

On one hand, it would appear to be jumping the gun a little to book Exeter Hall for a couple of weeks after OCC make their decision. Potentially they could decide not to sell/lease the land and the meeting becomes slightly immaterial (at least for the time being).

Alternatively, OCC agree to allow OUFC to take control of the land and enter into a formal planning application. Should this happen then I'm not sure if they're looking to take advantage of those so fearful that they wish to sell up, at a time when the market is a bit flat and heading into the winter months when things traditionally slow even further.

Or they are looking to reassure locals that this would be something that creates growth in the market, and to encourage them to stay where they are for the next few years - which seems to go against what Estate Agents really want.

On one hand, it would appear to be jumping the gun a little to book Exeter Hall for a couple of weeks after OCC make their decision. Potentially they could decide not to sell/lease the land and the meeting becomes slightly immaterial (at least for the time being).
Depends on the lead time for booking Exeter Hall I guess...

I've only seen what has been shared on twitter, but I'm not entirely sure what to make of it.

Alternatively, OCC agree to allow OUFC to take control of the land and enter into a formal planning application. Should this happen then I'm not sure if they're looking to take advantage of those so fearful that they wish to sell up, at a time when the market is a bit flat and heading into the winter months when things traditionally slow even further.

Or they are looking to reassure locals that this would be something that creates growth in the market, and to encourage them to stay where they are for the next few years - which seems to go against what Estate Agents really want.

Depends what date they've booked it for - 19th September or 2nd October? Both are quoted.

The use of the logo may imply its linked to the club, but it isn't. Hopefully Robert Cole has done their research and will put to bed rumours and scare stories.

The use of the logo may imply its linked to the club, but it isn't. Hopefully Robert Cole has done their research and will put to bed rumours and scare stories.
Surely if the club aren’t linked then it’s false advertising and the estate agents could get into trouble?

Surely if the club aren’t linked then it’s false advertising and the estate agents could get into trouble?
Like FoSB and their ridiculous smear campaign, I would leave this to the club's lawyers

I am pretty cynical about the estate agents motives. Having recently dealt with estate agents, they will spin anything to make a sale. For example I live next to the west coast main line railway, the estate agent tried to tell me it was "a quiet line" when infact it's the main line between London and Birmingham!

As noted in separately in the dedicated poll thread, it’s now less than three weeks until the County Council’s Cabinet will determine whether to lease or sell the Triangle land to the club.

Less than three weeks until we learn whether we will have the opportunity for a new stadium 2026. If not, we’re homeless.

Please do get your emails into the Cabinet in the coming days to urge them to proceed to the next stage and allow for the submission of a planning application.

All of the information you need, and helpful guidance, has been provided by OxVox here: http://www.oxvox.org.uk/occwrite/

There you will find the email addresses of the Cabinet members. You can find your local County Councillor, to also cc them into your email, by putting your postcode into this website: https://www.writetothem.com/

And do encourage those you know to do the same.

It only takes a small amount of time to send an email - and encourage friends and family to do so - but it will make a difference.

a letter to the green party from fosb

Attachments

• Green Party Letter 30Aug23.pdf
    138.5 KB · Views: 97
a letter to the green party from fosb
and just who drafted that on FoSB behalf ? hmmmmm .... Im no gambler, but, if I was Id put my money on someone who claims neutrality, who may well have been 'reported' to the green party for his latest antics and escapades resulting in a suspension from a local social media platform?
I thought one of their supporters on Nextdoor was going to fund the Judicial Review.....
Steve Hill or was it Steve Fisher? - Hill is the most likely as he earns £1k ( claimed) an hour !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom