New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Mmm.
Not sure about that. To me it appears that the club are spending huge amounts and getting top people in to get this done (£5m I heard?)
Planning is in and my understanding is that in general the planning committee has to follow the rules and law.
I expect that the club did exactly what they were advised to do and tried to get into planning with i's dotted and t's crossed.
Unless you know something that I don't?
🤷‍♂️

Deposits are only payable (and can be lost) at for GEs. It costs nothing to stand as a district councillor.

I doubt the Greens would have lost much on electoral expenses either.

Good to see a prominent FOSB come stone-bonking last regardless

The trouble with that is there is nothing to discourage people like her from standing for council seats miles from where they live, where they have no intention of actually representing the locals but do or it just to try and keep anything from being built near their house.

Absolutely no respect for democracy or the rights of those people where she tries to steal a council seat, she is a terrible, selfish person.

I'm feeling we've lost momentum, from the politicians who chose to support the Stadium they've not seen a positive impact, they've been asking "where the Oxford United fans were, we banked on you and you didn't come out" - Political circles say we just didn't turn up, rather than chose to vote for others.

What it will do is give the antis a stronger voice and its dampened our voice.

Will it stop the stadium, probably not. I've gone from 98% sure we're getting a Stadium to about 60%

Its a big shift and yes, I have to question, if we had mobilized better vs Stevenage, the clubs issues may have gathered more importance..

So, Problems - Green Vote in Kidlington, will be seen as Anti-Stadium, it will be focused on and built up to push against us.

Opportunities, the LibDems, we now call a truce from the baiting and see which side of the fence they come down on, super important to keep on at them.

if this stadium does hit difficulties and at the General Election, people vote LibDem in that ward, without a guarantee of support from Calum Miller and we didn't mobilise...well we didnt want it that much.

Sadly this stuff doesn't win itself sat on the sofa, hoping someone else will do the work

Tough to take and frankly feel like giving up the effort where its not made a jot of difference but it all be new tomorrow I'm sure....

Getting the message out is always difficult given the fans are spread across different platforms and none, the match is the only place everyone is together.

Even came across someone saying vote Lib Dem as they are for the stadium on Facebook, people just don’t follow local politics unfortunately.

If the Lib Dem’s use that as anti stadium vote though they have some difficult questions to answer across East Oxford though, they have been mullered there so if they follow that logic they need to remove the traffic measures they imposed and wish to further impose on that part of the city.

Mmm.
Not sure about that. To me it appears that the club are spending huge amounts and getting top people in to get this done (£5m I heard?)
Planning is in and my understanding is that in general the planning committee has to follow the rules and law.
I expect that the club did exactly what they were advised to do and tried to get into planning with i's dotted and t's crossed.

Exactly this. There is a reason why the plans were delayed, not because it was incompetence by the club but because the professionals employed to get this through planning had to alter certain aspects to give it the best chance the first time round.

The club can't do anything about local politics and neither can us fans. People are rightly pissed off with how the country and local things are being run by the conservatives.

Trust the process first and if it doesn't go our way then we will all stand together and made to be known.

Exactly this. There is a reason why the plans were delayed, not because it was incompetence by the club but because the professionals employed to get this through planning had to alter certain aspects to give it the best chance the first time round.

The club can't do anything about local politics and neither can us fans. People are rightly pissed off with how the country and local things are being run by the conservatives.

Trust the process first and if it doesn't go our way then we will all stand together and made to be known.
All six district cllrs for Kidlington are now anti stadium. I'll just leave that with you.

Mmm.

I hope OxVox have been doing something, as let’s be honest they have been quiet on the subject.

I hope OxVox have been doing something, as let’s be honest they have been quiet on the subject.
Not just quiet, but invisible. Sorry but as Danny W said 6 district councillors representing Kidlington are anti stadium. Those of us that follow local politics, knew that our best chance of a stadium was to submit plans and get a positive result was to have it wrapped up before the 2024 May elections.

Not just quiet, but invisible. Sorry but as Danny W said 6 district councillors representing Kidlington are anti stadium. Those of us that follow local politics, knew that our best chance of a stadium was to submit plans and get a positive result was to have it wrapped up before the 2024 May elections.
So what next? Give up?

Read their communication today.
I am sure that they haven't been doing nothing.

I read it, pretty much the same thing they have said all along. Never much sign of actually doing anything other than saying they are in talks with key parties and can’t say anything about it. Which might well be true or might be a load of B*****s as they can’t say anything about it.

I am pretty certain an Oxford United supporters group can give some more information out without breaking the official secrets act, I also worry that they are having talks with politicians, councillors etc who are promising them stuff then telling them to keep it quiet while the same politicians, councillors etc are also doing exactly the same to the antis.

All the while OxVox are not really harnessing one of our greatest weapons, the power of the fans, if anything they are holding it back, can’t help thinking they are being played a bit.

I was trying to be polite but you are right. It’s an email every now and then telling us they are doing something but can’t talk about it, I don’t think that is good enough anymore.

They are a supporters group, they are allowed to be passionate and loud in support of this, they are not the club who have to act in a more subdued manner.

Let’s face it this planning application is now dead in the water.

OUFC will appeal it and it will go to Government, now that the Conservatives have a new law to protect Football Clubs because they are seen as a Community asset, they will overturn the decision.

Now that will take time and I’m sure I read on the application that Firoka put in for new houses ,it was dependant on OUFC getting a new home. If OCC can make them wait maybe we get another year on the lease.

That is our only hope,I am now so fucked off that I can’t even get enthused for the game tomorrow.

What really pisses me off,is that we have plenty of fans moaning about not getting tickets yet they won’t get off their arses to fill in the CDC portal or go and vote.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ.

What a load of wet f*****g blankets we have here. Some results have not gone as hoped but this is not a load of Green District Councillors across the board getting voted in. It’s some Lib Dems - who are increasingly showing themselves to be worried by the ill feeling from Oxford fans - and can be swayed.

People have turned away from the Tories all over the UK. The same has happened in CD and it has nothing to do with the stadium. Voters want to bloody the nose of the ruling government. Traditional Tory voters turn to the LDs in times like this and don’t run to Labour. Post GE, they’ll revert back to type again. This is a national backlash against the Tories - not an anti-stadium reaction.

Put on your big boy pants, the lot of you. This is far from over.

The Cherwell Planning committee will be made up of a proportional amount of cllrs. However LidDems/Green have already indicated a desire to form a minority administration. David Hingley will lead, Middleton is likely number two

I doubt Labour or Tories will work with them.

On the giving up point someone questioned earlier, it's about effort not about likelyhood. You keep swinging and missing, you feel like giving up throwing punches...

Jesus Christ.

What a load of wet f*****g blankets we have here. Some results have not gone as hoped but this is not a load of Green District Councillors across the board getting voted in. It’s some Lib Dems - who are increasingly showing themselves to be worried by the ill feeling from Oxford fans - and can be swayed.

People have turned away from the Tories all over the UK. The same has happened in CD and it has nothing to do with the stadium. Voters want to bloody the nose of the ruling government. Traditional Tory voters turn to the LDs in times like this and don’t run to Labour. Post GE, they’ll revert back to type again. This is a national backlash against the Tories - not an anti-stadium reaction.

Absolutely right. Complete bunch of old women.

Jesus Christ.

Here here

Let’s face it this planning application is now dead in the water.

OUFC will appeal it and it will go to Government, now that the Conservatives have a new law to protect Football Clubs because they are seen as a Community asset, they will overturn the decision.

Now that will take time and I’m sure I read on the application that Firoka put in for new houses ,it was dependant on OUFC getting a new home. If OCC can make them wait maybe we get another year on the lease.

That is our only hope,I am now so fucked off that I can’t even get enthused for the game tomorrow.

What really pisses me off,is that we have plenty of fans moaning about not getting tickets yet they won’t get off their arses to fill in the CDC portal or go and vote.

It's not dead though. Planning applications can not be decided on opinion of councillors. We still have 2 years at the Kassam so even if there is a delay with it needed to go to central government to overturn there is still time to get planning granted before the lease expires. We can then go down the option of either trying to extend our stay at the Kassam or ground share at MK.

Back
Top Bottom