General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behold my MS paint masterpiece.
It's a bit snug, but everything we need would fit in there.
Underground car park beneath a stand somewhere.
Would probably need to construct a vertical embankment for the Oxford Road to flatten the elevation and make best use of the space.

Black line = land boundary
Yellow line = stadium footprint
Blue line = service road
Red line = commercial units
Green line = central plaza, fan zone, Ox statue etc.
Pink line = hotel and conference facilities (would need a fat OUFC logo on the outside
Violet line = footbridge from train station, again would like to see lots of OUFC advertisement over the A34

View attachment 12123

I love the graphic. It does give a fun visual of how things may look.

If we dip into the Stage 0 report, some of this has been done for us.

p35 shows the stadium footprint to be 25,200m2 and The Triangle site to be 48,000m2. It will fit comfortably enough.

Stage ) report pg 35.PNG
p59 even shows north-south and east-west variations of the stadium too. Both work. 'Limited space but possible' is the phrase used.

Stage ) report pg 59.PNG

Plan B was always in there with a stadium on The Triangle. Sure, some of the bells and whistles go by us not being able to have SB but the footprint of the stadium always fitted The Triangle.

That's reassuring to know that the backup was good enough for our investors. A compromise maybe but one they're not backing away from.

OM letters page sees the anti's go 1 -0 up early doors....with a letter from cautiously neutral councillor middleton's pet parrot Steve Fisher going all league of gentlemen by calling for a consultation for local people....... repro to follow (soonish)

Brief thought if anyone is moved to respond - I have, along with others, been guilty in my previous, unpublished, letters to OM on the stadium subject, hinted, infered n alluded (!) That OM seem to favour those opposed to the stadium.

While on the letters page it does appear to be the case, maybe avoiding suggesting any bias (from OM) tempting though it is, instead focus on 'just' countering any claims and usually erroneous assertions being claimed by anti stadium nimbys ,such as Fisher

Then maybe 'our' pro stadium letters will.get published.

Remember the OM letter requirements are a maximim of 250 words , and you must give full name, a daytime phone number, and full postal address and post code
here it is .....aplogies for it being slighty fuzzy / out of focus - will aim (ha)for clarity should there be further stadium pro/anti letters

330711110_568582078320497_2519546961682486250_n.jpg

here it is .....aplogies for it being slighty fuzzy / out of focus - will aim (ha)for clarity should there be further stadium pro/anti letters

View attachment 12127
seasoned manipulator, spouter of non facts and serial letter writer Steve Fisher has - he probably thinks- cleverly, 'criticised' his puppeteer Cllr Middleton (by name) in his district councillor role, calling him ( his pal) out, to blame for something the whole of CDC were responsible for doing/ not doing ( cycle path) to Fisher's liking (and probably Middleton's too)- tagging on the call for only Kidlington residents to be (re) consulted re The Triangle.

Firstly he - by mentioning district cllr Middleton by name, re a CDC previous consultation invites said multi councillor to respond, and by calling for a (another) consultation on the triangle, for only Kidlington residents, both invites cllr Middleton to, in a cautiously neutral way, echo said demand for a(nother) Kidlington residents consultation.- Which in turn will see MP Layla Moran wrongly assume that it is something all Kidlington residents want, and chirp in calling for the same too- ignoring that there has been a very conclusive county council consultation already. The anti anything nimby pressure groups are well organised at infering their views are held by many, instead of the small rabidly 'vocal' few that they are in reality. Just ask KPC !

The fact is that the triangle is County Council land , which OUFC are hoping to lease, a stadium and facilities that come with it will benefit residents of all of Oxfordshire. As well as , being located next to a travel hub (with p&R parking spaces too) , the medium- long term effect will increase the use of public transport, which the County Council are aiming to achieve. Besides , the County Council who own the Triangle, have already held a comprehensive consultation on OUFC relocating and building a new stadium and facilities outside of Kidlington. The results were overwhelmingly in favour. Why waste taxpayers money (council-provided services have been reduced massively in recent times due to spending cuts/lack of money to go round), staffing limited funds on a consultation to satisfy a small group of Royston Vasey -esque, bigoted residents in a village, (that evidently has more than its share of idiots), demands? When the county council have the results of a consultation from residents of the county and beyond

incidentally, cllr Middleton lives in Yarnton- presumably he would be excluded from any Kidlington residents consultation, as he doesn't live in Kidlington?

Last edited:
seasoned manipulator, spouter of non facts and serial letter writer Steve Fisher has - he probably thinks- cleverly, 'criticised' his puppeteer Cllr Middleton (by name) in his district councillor role, calling him ( his pal) out, to blame for something the whole of CDC were responsible for doing/ not doing ( cycle path) to Fisher's liking (and probably Middleton's too)- tagging on the call for only Kidlington residents to be (re) consulted re The Triangle.

Firstly he - by mentioning district cllr Middleton by name, re a CDC previous consultation invites said multi councillor to respond, and by calling for a (another) consultation on the triangle, for only Kidlington residents, both invites cllr Middleton to, in a cautiously neutral way, echo said demand for a(nother) kidlington residents consultation.- Which in turn will see MP Layla Moran wrongly assume that its what all kidlington residents want, and chirp in calling for the same too.

The fact is that the triangle is County Council land , which OUFC are hoping to lease, a stadium and facilities that come with it will benefit residents of all of Oxfordshire. As well as , being located next to a travel hub (with p&R parking spaces too) , the medium- long term effect will increase the use of public transport, which the County Council are aiming to achieve. Besides , the County Council who own the Triangle, have already held a comprehensive consultation on OUFC relocating and building a new stadium and facilities outside of Kidlington. The results were overwhelmingly in favour. Why waste taxpayers money (council-provided services have been reduced massively in recent times due to spending cuts/lack of money to go round), staffing limited funds on a consultation to satisfy a small group of Royston Vasey -esque, bigoted residents in a village, (that evidently has more than its share of idiots), demands? When the county council have the results of a consultation from residents of the county and beyond

incidentally, cllr Middleton lives in Yarnton- presumably he would be excluded from any Kidlington residents consultation, as he doesn't live in Kidlington?
Nor the people of North Oxford..

I'm sure there was a very similar letter already published. Consultation was done by OCC last year. I'm sorry some didn't like the results but the majority of Oxon wanted OCC owned land to be used for the stadium. And it included The Triangle. This is something else the Oxford Mail shouldn't keep publishing over and over.

I sent a supportive letter a week ago. Mostly it extolled the virtues of the community and education work the re location would bring to the local schools and community. I included the work Rosie and I did in and with all types of schools 97-04 and felt the club had further expanded this work. Mr Ffrench asked me where I lived, which as a supporter since 1955 and a local lad and ex employee I felt was largely irrelevant ( i now live near Canterbury). The letter has not been published yet!!!!

The biggest clickbait stories in Oxford mail ,are LTNS, JEREMY CLARKSON, THE TRIANGLE.. Over & over ,again & again repeat repeat ,fishing for bait .. click click!!!

I sent a supportive letter a week ago. Mostly it extolled the virtues of the community and education work the re location would bring to the local schools and community. I included the work Rosie and I did in and with all types of schools 97-04 and felt the club had further expanded this work. Mr Ffrench asked me where I lived, which as a supporter since 1955 and a local lad and ex employee I felt was largely irrelevant ( i now live near Canterbury). The letter has not been published yet!!!!

It's ridiculous that viewpoints from people who used to live in in and still visit Oxford are not considered valid, as if the economy of Oxfordshire is completely shut off from the rest of the country and can survive on its own.

View attachment 12127
Is this Steve Fisher the one who lives in Tackley ? Or am I thinking of someone else

It looks like their next moves will be to hound CDC and make things uncomfortable for them

I notice Middleton is a reserve on the planning section of CDC do the upcoming elections mean some sitting councillors could be ousted?
That would be a worry

Last edited:
I hear Stratfield Brake's back on the market...
thing is with theme parks, they do tend to need almost as much land for car/ coach parking as the theme park itself requires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom