General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go past the triangle , a couple of times a day , nearly all year round.
I can't for the life of me recall telegraph poles or whatever they are, on the triangle.
Plus in the picture, where are the Willow trees?? No sign of them . I looked at Google earth ,& I can't see the wooden polesView attachment 15203
had to be done ive gone fishing on nextdoor

• React
Reactions: DSM
I go past the triangle , a couple of times a day , nearly all year round.
I can't for the life of me recall telegraph poles or whatever they are, on the triangle.
Plus in the picture, where are the Willow trees?? No sign of them . I looked at Google earth ,& I can't see the wooden polesView attachment 15203
I do believe there are overhead power lines, because they run over across Stratfield Brake too, and they are the reason the Pavillion is so far from the Boundary of the cricket pitch.

Local media might well be interested if campaigning photos haves been posted misleadingly.

If they’ve used them erroneously on purpose, that’s quite significant.

If people can prove this, and you’d need to be certain, I think it might be of note.

I'm no expert in these matters, but the only link I can see to these images is Facebook posts that are all traced back to FoSB from the last week. I certainly wouldn't put it past them to provide material which is deliberately misleading, but I'm not convinced that we have a smoking gun just yet.

However, I stand by my earlier post. If wildflowers are growing on the triangle, then great. Because that means that they will perfectly adapt to the surroundings after the stadium is built. The club have spoken about a Green Roof and wildflower meadows. These are both likely to be significantly bigger that the space where flowers are currently growing, plus there will be the opportunity to introduce more species to create a more diverse range of pollinators.

Equally when FoSB talk of the triangle being a haven for nature - good. Because we are committed to supporting biodiversity and improving on this. So we want it to be more than "contaminated scrubland" and shouldn't shy away from acknowledging that as our ecological credentials are entirely based on improving what is there.

Meanwhile FoSB are destroying what ever was left of their own credentials by battling against KPC, OCC and the Lib Dems and we can probably sit back and let them drown under their own froth!

I'm no expert in these matters, but the only link I can see to these images is Facebook posts that are all traced back to FoSB from the last week. I certainly wouldn't put it past them to provide material which is deliberately misleading, but I'm not convinced that we have a smoking gun just yet.

However, I stand by my earlier post. If wildflowers are growing on the triangle, then great. Because that means that they will perfectly adapt to the surroundings after the stadium is built. The club have spoken about a Green Roof and wildflower meadows. These are both likely to be significantly bigger that the space where flowers are currently growing, plus there will be the opportunity to introduce more species to create a more diverse range of pollinators.

Equally when FoSB talk of the triangle being a haven for nature - good. Because we are committed to supporting biodiversity and improving on this. So we want it to be more than "contaminated scrubland" and shouldn't shy away from acknowledging that as our ecological credentials are entirely based on improving what is there.

Meanwhile FoSB are destroying what ever was left of their own credentials by battling against KPC, OCC and the Lib Dems and we can probably sit back and let them drown under their own froth!
Indeed.

I’m sure there’s nothing underhand going on.

Just pays to be observant.

I do believe there are overhead power lines, because they run over across Stratfield Brake too, and they are the reason the Pavillion is so far from the Boundary of the cricket pitch.
I think they are the big metal pylons

Attachments

• Screenshot (16).png
    Screenshot (16).png
    257.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot (17).png
    Screenshot (17).png
    240.9 KB · Views: 28
These images certainly look current rather than from March as the flowers are summer ones.
But I would love to know exactly where these were taken - aren't the pylons south of the woodland area and not in the Triangle we are talking about?
And where is the willow? Can't see evidence of a willow farm. But then I'm not an expert.

These images certainly look current rather than from March as the flowers are summer ones.
But I would love to know exactly where these were taken - aren't the pylons south of the woodland area and not in the Triangle we are talking about?
And where is the willow? Can't see evidence of a willow farm. But then I'm not an expert.
according to plant identify app its common fleabane which flowers in spring

according to plant identify app its common fleabane which flowers in spring
Never thought I'd be posting about something like this on YF but that is a full summer wildflower display. It is dominated by fleabane yes: blooms from spring all the way to harvest season in Oxfordshire. As scotch says above though this is all incidental and won't be relevant to decisions. It's all BS, the only reason we're discussing the triangle is because these people actively fought against repurposing an existing sports field where there was, guess what, just bloody grass. Grrrr

Never thought I'd be posting about something like this on YF but that is a full summer wildflower display. It is dominated by fleabane yes: blooms from spring all the way to harvest season in Oxfordshire. As scotch says above though this is all incidental and won't be relevant to decisions. It's all BS, the only reason we're discussing the triangle is because these people actively fought against repurposing an existing sports field where there was zero biodiversity.grrrr
its yellow its a sign
to be honest ive not got a clue i just said what the app said it also says its habitat is Damp woodland, ditch banks, marshes, damp meadows

If the club are committing to make a Biodiversity gain then the current levels of fleabane, ragwort or any other weeds for that matter will be improved.

I cant wait till all this nonsense is over so FoSB can go back to worrying about beach volleyball hooligans or dog fouling on Cutteslowe park, and we can talk about Henry Landers again.

If the club are committing to make a Biodiversity gain then the current levels of fleabane, ragwort or any other weeds for that matter will be improved.

I cant wait till all this nonsense is over so FoSB can go back to worrying about beach volleyball hooligans or dog fouling on Cutteslowe park, and we can talk about Henry Landers again.

Apparently Henry Landers walks his dog in Cutteslowe Park, take from that what you will.

After some proper research this morning, I can say I was wrong & it is a photo of the triangleScreenshot_2023-08-19-12-50-40-65_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4~2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom