General Just for fun - the Political Compass Test

I’ve always been tempted to open a nineties themed bar. Got a guy who is willing to bankroll it and everything. You’re more than welcome if you’re able to settle for second best. Can’t see the 2005-2015 bar doing much trade.
I'm surprised that doesn't already exist. One needs to open in London so I can become a regular.

Was still drinking it in Fifth Avenue above the old Westgate in 96, that by the pint or Holsten Pils if you fancied a bottle, They were still doing chicken in a basket then as well, a more civilised time if you didn’t mind queuing for an hour desperate for a P**s.

Ah, Fifth Avenue where the bogs regularly flooded and the dance floor just looked like something in a really bad wedding venue. Happy memories.

If only there was a commercial space opening in a couple of years which could incorporate such a venture...

I hope you will be selling Kronenbourg 1664 and Carling Black Label, none of the fancy modern 'Lagers'.
'Skol'! 🍻

Now that was on a par with Hofmeister in the rubbish Beer stakes as well as McEwans Lager.
I remember drinking it aged 12-13 at a friends birthday party. His dad bought it for us. He was a copper. Go figure.🤷

It put me off larger for life (well until I discovered real larger in Germany).

Last edited:
Skol was pretty much gone by the time I was out drinking, but I do remember it had that quality advert, I also remember trying to convince my grandad to buy it in a supermarket in Spain one holiday sometime in the 80s as I liked the advert, my grandad would normally have done anything for me but I am pretty certain he drew the line there and those cans stayed on the shelf and he drank something else.

I remember drinking it aged 12-13 at a friends birthday party. His dad bought it for us. He was a copper. Go figure.🤷

It put me off larger for life (well until I discovered real larger in Germany).
I don't discriminate when it comes to beer, I like pretty much anything.

There is now a popular beer called "Jubel" which is cut with peach though and that's a crime against humanity.

Back
Top Bottom