General Just for fun - the Political Compass Test

I'm actually curious if this is true?

I agree entirely that the Inbetweeners absolutely reflects my early 90s secondary school days as well. Complete with the rampant and all-pervasive homophobia.
Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying that it should be banned or anything, and I still laugh myself silly watching it.
But you can still do that whilst acknowledging that gay is constantly being used as a derogatory insult, and they delight in making up new homophobic slurs......which is exactly how we all used to act. But in retrospect, I can see how it might have been somewhat uncomfortable (both school life, and watching the show) if you were a gay teen......

Are kids still like that today, or are they a little more woke and sensitive?

Going by my teenage step daughter and the few friends of hers I have met briefly (its all on social media etc now) their is now a social clique that is woke to go alongside the nerds, bad kids, hard kids, geeks, sporty types etc, probably more of a subset of the geeks, that group wouldn't watch the Inbetweeners (mine won't, but me and her mum do) and they enjoy tutting and eyerolling at everything you and your missus say until you tell them to f**k off to their room if they don't like it.

The modern day inbetweeners for the woke group is called Sex Education and its on Netflix, its s**t and no one on it would would think to beat a fish to death with a shoe to put it out of its misery on a boat in Swanage, so save yourself sometime and don't watch it.

Going by my teenage step daughter and the few friends of hers I have met briefly (its all on social media etc now) their is now a social clique that is woke to go alongside the nerds, bad kids, hard kids, geeks, sporty types etc, probably more of a subset of the geeks, that group wouldn't watch the Inbetweeners (mine won't, but me and her mum do) and they enjoy tutting and eyerolling at everything you and your missus say until you tell them to f**k off to their room if they don't like it.

The modern day inbetweeners for the woke group is called Sex Education and its on Netflix, its s**t and no one on it would would think to beat a fish to death with a shoe to put it out of its misery on a boat in Swanage, so save yourself sometime and don't watch it.
I asked my mate who has a brother so young he's just left college.

From what I gather the kind of "Inbetweeners" style-culture seems to have somewhat ended. You still get "nerds" but the cool kids dress, and even copy the accents of their favourite rappers like "Central Cee" and "Santan Dave.", both of which I had to google.

I am very glad I was born in the 90s as it sounds like hell to me.

they enjoy tutting and eyerolling at everything you and your missus say until you tell them to f**k off to their room if they don't like it.
Where do you keep all of your World’s Sexiest Man mugs? I assume you have many.

Whose handbag do you think they got smuggled out of the pub in? Mine is far to small.
Yeah yeah, bet you've a cracking manbag.

(Mrs M smuggled my collection out in her handbag as well to be fair)

I asked my mate who has a brother so young he's just left college.

From what I gather the kind of "Inbetweeners" style-culture seems to have somewhat ended. You still get "nerds" but the cool kids dress, and even copy the accents of their favourite rappers like "Central Cee" and "Santan Dave.", both of which I had to google.

I am very glad I was born in the 90s as it sounds like hell to me.
I’m pretty sure that people have always and will always find subsequent generations culture awful.

Personally, I know for a fact that about 2005 - 2015 was by far the best period that the word ever has, or ever will see, closely followed by 1995 - 2005.

I’m pretty sure that people have always and will always find subsequent generations culture awful.

Personally, I know for a fact that about 2005 - 2015 was by far the best period that the word ever has, or ever will see, closely followed by 1995 - 2005.
I’ve always been tempted to open a nineties themed bar. Got a guy who is willing to bankroll it and everything. You’re more than welcome if you’re able to settle for second best. Can’t see the 2005-2015 bar doing much trade.

I’ve always been tempted to open a nineties themed bar. Got a guy who is willing to bankroll it and everything. You’re more than welcome if you’re able to settle for second best. Can’t see the 2005-2015 bar doing much trade.
If only there was a commercial space opening in a couple of years which could incorporate such a venture...

I hope you will be selling Kronenbourg 1664 and Carling Black Label, none of the fancy modern 'Lagers'.

YSL shirts and Kickers dress code obviously, do it I can already smell the mix of CK One and failed dreams.

YSL shirts and Kickers dress code obviously, do it I can already smell the mix of CK One and failed dreams.
I’ll be the one in the full Kappa tracksuit singing all the words to Jagged Little Pill. A really confusing moment that I hope will scare people into paying over the odds just to get out quickly.

Also planning on selling a ‘deconstructed’ American (Apple) Pie. I basically rig up a mechanical knob on a stick and then it shags the pie. Eight quid.

If only there was a commercial space opening in a couple of years which could incorporate such a venture...

I hope you will be selling Kronenbourg 1664 and Carling Black Label, none of the fancy modern 'Lagers'.

Some randomly named French Beer in those small bottles that you could buy in large crates at Supermarkets. Otherwise mine is a Beck's.

Fortunately Hofmeister had disappeared as a mainstream beer by then.

I’ll be the one in the full Kappa tracksuit singing all the words to Jagged Little Pill. A really confusing moment that I hope will scare people into paying over the odds just to get out quickly.

Wooooh, visiting hours are 9 to 5, and if I show up at ten past six, well I already know that you'll find some way to sneak me in and ohhhhhhh......

Think there's a significant danger that you're clientele will be a bunch of middle aged saddos that just want to sing along with you. Which might be even scarier.

Side question - has there ever been an artist that poured absolutely all of their anger, trauma and neuroses into a single raging "f**k You, world" of an album, such that they then were totally spent and had nothing interesting to say for the remainder of their careers, in quite the same way that Alanis did?

Side question - has there ever been an artist that poured absolutely all of their anger, trauma and neuroses into a single raging "f**k You, world" of an album, such that they then were totally spent and had nothing interesting to say for the remainder of their careers, in quite the same way that Alanis did?

Tbf, she also redefined what 'Ironic' meant.

Some randomly named French Beer in those small bottles that you could buy in large crates at Supermarkets. Otherwise mine is a Beck's.

Fortunately Hofmeister had disappeared as a mainstream beer by then.

Was still drinking it in Fifth Avenue above the old Westgate in 96, that by the pint or Holsten Pils if you fancied a bottle, They were still doing chicken in a basket then as well, a more civilised time if you didn’t mind queuing for an hour desperate for a P**s.

Back
Top Bottom