Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you're saying.

Maybe me being negative is fuelled from a few things.

Hearing what is going on within the club from inside people and also the lack of communication from the club with regards to the new stadium.

The positive football and exciting football under Manning ( I realise he had a shaky start) but under Des it's so bloody dull especially up home.

I've been a season ticket holder for years and been following United for over 25 years. The atmosphere home and away isn't what is used to be, the matchday experience (entertainment) is awful, the Kassam and it's surroundings are in a right state of disrepair.

I understand we don't own anything but surely the club should be trying to improve things even if it at cost to them. We need to build momentum on and off the pitch to make the ground move successful.

I know a fanzone in the carpark was mentioned before but was dropped due to Kassam wanting to charge extra for it but the club should be doing all that can to maintain or attract more customers/fans.

Maybe I need to take a season out from all of it to rekindle my love for the club. Anyone ever done that and if so did it work?
You have to appreciate that Kassam is very, very, very difficult to deal with. He won't agree to anything that enhances the matchday experience unless he gets a financial cut. It make it almost impossible for the club to anything that will make a difference to the dismal match day 'experience'. The ground is a dump, and as long as we are there, it's not going to improve. I wouldn't blame the club for this at all.

You just wait for the "Gats is looking sharp in training and Bodes is back on grass" pieces in the OxMail Monday and Tuesday - they arrive like clockwork once it becomes apparent we are about to deliver another damp squib of a window.
Are you able to pull up the quotes of when this was said previously?

You have to appreciate that Kassam is very, very, very difficult to deal with. He won't agree to anything that enhances the matchday experience unless he gets a financial cut. It make it almost impossible for the club to anything that will make a difference to the dismal match day 'experience'. The ground is a dump, and as long as we are there, it's not going to improve. I wouldn't blame the club for this at all.

I understand Kassam is difficult to deal with and wants to get a financial cut from anything but us fan/customers deserve better now not in maybe 2 years time. That stadium will be a laughing stock if we ever did grace the championship while still being at the Kassam.

He hasn't ever refused anything like a temporary stand, fan zone out in the carpark but he has indeed asked for more money.

Even when we changed to 4 at the back after the Long injury we kept Rodrigues out wide. Why not bring an actual winger on and play Rodrigues down the middle (where he works best)? This is my point. Yes we have injuries but we're not using the window to do anything about them, and the one injury we have done something about by bringing Burey in, we aren't using. I understand he hasn't played loads this season but he hasn't been injured for a long period (to my knowledge) and has been in training - no reason he wouldn't be match fit.
Understand your frustration but we are using the window. Most business gets done right at the end in January. We've signed 4 players with a week to go. Burey, as Big Ron said, has been involved but pretty rare to throw new signing straight into the fray. Despite my current grumps with the club I think we really do have to wait till the window closes before judging it.

Hearing what is going on within the club from inside people and also the lack of communication from the club with regards to the new stadium.

The positive football and exciting football under Manning ( I realise he had a shaky start) but under Des it's so bloody dull especially up home.

I've been a season ticket holder for years and been following United for over 25 years. The atmosphere home and away isn't what is used to be, the matchday experience (entertainment) is awful, the Kassam and it's surroundings are in a right state of disrepair.

I understand we don't own anything but surely the club should be trying to improve things even if it at cost to them. We need to build momentum on and off the pitch to make the ground move successful.

I know a fanzone in the carpark was mentioned before but was dropped due to Kassam wanting to charge extra for it but the club should be doing all that can to maintain or attract more customers/fans.

Maybe I need to take a season out from all of it to rekindle my love for the club. Anyone ever done that and if so did it work?
I missed 75% of the 18-19 season due to having treatment for cancer, my first game back was the Bradford game with the late late show finish, I was just glad to try to get some form of normality back in to my life , then of course covid came along and being extremely clinically vulnerable have up in till the start of the season when I bought a season ticket, I have to be honest that I am not sure about next season , this relentless sideways backwards is so boring to watch I find it hard to get excited about going to watch it, that's coming from someone who started in 1971,and has put up with some dire rubbish in the past

Even when we changed to 4 at the back after the Long injury we kept Rodrigues out wide. Why not bring an actual winger on and play Rodrigues down the middle (where he works best)? This is my point. Yes we have injuries but we're not using the window to do anything about them, and the one injury we have done something about by bringing Burey in, we aren't using. I understand he hasn't played loads this season but he hasn't been injured for a long period (to my knowledge) and has been in training - no reason he wouldn't be match fit.
That's a completely different argument as to how and why he was or wasn't used. I was pointing out how ridiculous your comment was that we are 'barely' using him when he's only been here for 2 games, one of which was the day after he arrived.

I think this needs it's own separate thread! OUFC top trumps - manager edition and players edition! Someone get these going, and in production for next Christmas please!! 🙏

with the best set going to print please

That’s a shame, i agree the atmosphere has died recently but don’t get dragged into it.

We’re still in a very good position, I think the new set of fans that think they make atmosphere are ruining the match day experience for a lot of people especially away day.

I hope/was thinking of starting a supporters group when the new stadium is open (hopefully) to set up a more organised way for fans to sit, join in the atmosphere in a safe way for families and older people too!

Would be really nice as I’ve recently had my first son, and would like to take him but wouldn’t feel comfortable going in the “atmosphere” ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom