Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I’ve said before, 5 league games in January.

Ideally we need to sign a new striker for all of those 5 games.

However it doesn’t look like we’re signing anyone else before the first of those games at Carlisle tomorrow.
The clock continues to tick.

So that would indicate to me, any other January signings (in particular strikers) are dependant on the loan or selling club having someone coming in to cover that player. It’s now a waiting game, when will the dominos stat to tumble?

Who’s the funniest player we could get Charlton to sign just by linking him to Oxford on here?

Could someone link me? I’d love to get a few games. Up front or centre back, take your pick.
Jamie Cumming? FFS, what are the chances...

and Harris isnt a striker.
I'd put him in with the Forwards.
Burey - Played all his pro career off the left (right side at academy level)

Harris - Started as a 9, filled in off the left for a bit and now a constant starter in the 9, signed as a striker and played striker.

We all wish we had signed Coventry for a million , how much did dodgy pay for Charlton?

So current squad is this…? :

GOALKEEPERS
Cummings (loan)
Eastwood
McGinty

FULL BACKS
Long
Stevens
Bennett
Leigh

CENTRE BACKS
Moore
Brown
Negru
Thorniley

CENTER MID
Smith
McGuane
Brannigan
MacEachran

WINGERS
Goodhram
Murphy
Browne (injured)
Burey

FORWARDS
Rodrigues
Henry
Bodin

STRIKERS
Harris
O’Donkor

It’s Cumming, not Cummings. Just once a day.

Who’s the funniest player we could get Charlton to sign just by linking him to Oxford on here?

Could someone link me? I’d love to get a few games. Up front or centre back, take your pick.
Someone really expensive and injured lurking around the championship, don't know any names. Best team evah!!

Well presumably if that’s true, the Clarke-Harris deal is proving too difficult for them. Still my first choice by a distance.

Really feel we need a senior pro pulling us forward at the top end of the pitch. We just seem so limp and lightweight, no power or presence. Be great to see us sign one who knows where the net is, not figuring it out over 20-25 games on loan.

I’m getting slightly annoyed & frustrated now that we know we’ve needed a proper striker for the past 18 months now all the way back to the beginning of last season yet 4 windows since then we’re still struggling to bring in that decent striker with a goal scoring pedigree through our doors with the likes of (Freddie Ladapo, Jonson Clarke-Harris, Michael Smith) all proven at this level & all look to be available this month, we couldn’t even get Jack Marriott for £250k last January instead we keep taking punts on the likes of Tyler Smith, Ateef Konate, Sonny Perkins & you could say Mark Harris in fact to fix our problem.

I wouldn’t even mind if we were in & taking a risk on the younger pro strikers who are doing the business in League 2 in (Michael Mellon & Joe Taylor who’s now joined Lincoln) but nothing seems to be on the cards for that either 😡

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom