Transfer Window January 2024 Post Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Signing a free agent? Are you allowed? Prior to January they said we needed more up front. Perkins left and Goodwin came in. Now GOD leaves so we are lighter in numbers than we were. Surely can’t do run in with just 2 strikers.

We are not going to miss O Donkor are we? Its harsh on the lad, but its also the truth.

Signing a free agent? Are you allowed? Prior to January they said we needed more up front. Perkins left and Goodwin came in. Now GOD leaves so we are lighter in numbers than we were. Surely can’t do run in with just 2 strikers.
Have you supported OUFC long? Two is extravagant!

We can recall anytime anyway as it is a non league loan

Bloody good luck to him. I hope he can get game time for a good team like that.

Hopefully he gets a lot more game time but I am not convinced that's going to happen, wrong destination for me, he needed games and some goals to build his confidence.

Yes, you're allowed - the player in question just cannot have been registered with a club when the transfer window shut. It's what we did with Baldock two years ago.

Problem is there's going to be asterisks next to any player that is still eligible to be signed as a free agent - most likely either they're past their prime, or they're perennially injured. So I doubt we'll do it while we have Harris and Goodwin fit.

But if one of them should go down with something that's going to keep them out long term, there's some pickings for the desperate. Connor Wickham? Dwight Gayle?

Alan Nixon has named Oxford as being in one of this Patreon articles tomorrow.

Could be related to us missing out on a striker, but who knows. Will find out early tomorrow morning. Hopefully news of a free transfer forward.

Could be related to us missing out on a striker, but who knows. Will find out early tomorrow morning. Hopefully news of a free transfer forward.
Oh how tremendously exciting

After today we have 15 games left, we didn’t bring in a third forward when our back up forward was O Donkor and we had 50 games to play, seems unlikely we will go for someone who has barely played for ages now.

It's Alan Nixon. I wouldn't hold my breath.

You are Des Buckingham and I claim my customer activation.
If he mentions again how many games we have left and/or who is injured I will scream inwardly at the Des bingo!!

A free agent could be signed for sure.

I've no idea whether we're at the limit re registered squad though.

Back
Top Bottom