Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

I'm no fan of Scotchers but I do believe him and others on here I respect (Frost, EC, Tata etc) that the club are serious about some of the players we're being linked too.

I am glad (despite my euphoria) that we have not got Defoe. If we get the likes of Stockton, Cadden and a decent defender.........then we've done very well.

Barker looked limp and toothless at the weekend in a cup tie vs a Stirling Albion team having a woeful season in Scottish League 2, even by their own less-than-lofty standard.

He’s not getting into league squads vs oppo MUCH poorer than Oxford. Major yellow flag.

Nothing to do with the oppo, he is 3rd shoice LW behind 14m rated Ryan Kent and 1m rated Scott Wright, thats why he isnt getting
any significant game time, thats it, nothing else.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Personally, I liked Brandon Barker a lot. Not sure there'd be much value in another loan, but if there was a chance of a permanent deal, I hope that we'd be interested.

If we do have high spending it will only be because we have panicked having only started our recruitment process since learning about JT's recall....

We've always known that JT could be recalled and I spoke about it being more likely a couple of weeks ago when the talk about Brannagan started.

Our recruitment targets were identified in October or are carry overs from the summer. There is no panic, and certainly not off the back of a loanee returning!

I'm no fan of Scotchers but I do believe him and others on here I respect (Frost, EC, Tata etc) that the club are serious about some of the players we're being linked too.

I am glad (despite my euphoria) that we have not got Defoe. If we get the likes of Stockton, Cadden and a decent defender.........then we've done very well.
Umm....thanks?!

I think that's a little unfair on Pigott, he got 15 goals during the 18/19 season which for a struggling Wimbledon side is an impressive return. He is clearly someone who thrives off being the main man and he was never that (or going to be) at Ipswich!
Yep, he got 15 followed by 7, so fairly similar overall to Stockton (who has an impressive 17 league goals so far this year) and also fairly similar in that they both like to be the main men. Is he coming here to play second fiddle or alternately with Taylor? Seems unlikely to me.

Nothing to do with the oppo, he is 3rd shoice LW behind 14m rated Ryan Kent and 1m rated Scott Wright, thats why he isnt getting
any significant game time, thats it, nothing else.

Try reading again what I wrote. Nothing about why he isn't getting in the league team. I just wrote that he was crap against Stirling at the weekend. True.

Just because the opposition aren't so good, doesn't mean that his squad mates who are keeping him out of the matchday squad are only League One standard. Them being better than him does not necessarily mean that he is not a very talented player.

A very talented player he may be, but he didn't run rings around Stirling Albion, currently 6th in the Scottish basement. Based on that observation, it's hard to imagine him running rings around Wigan and Rotherham either.

But, since there's a week in the transfer window to go which ordinarily means four more wingers yet to sign - I wouldn't mind if he was one of them. Just don't think on recent showings that he's any better than anything we already have.

Try reading again what I wrote. Nothing about why he isn't getting in the league team. I just wrote that he was crap against Stirling at the weekend. True.

He’s not getting into league squads vs oppo MUCH poorer than Oxford. Major yellow flag. ???

On the whole I wasn’t impressed with Barker at all during his loan spell. In fact I’d say he was a massive disappointment, just like Liam Kelly was to be honest.

He did score a couple, and went on a few lung bursting runs/dribbles, but he didn’t do enough for me.

I think we are better off signing others.

We've always known that JT could be recalled and I spoke about it being more likely a couple of weeks ago when the talk about Brannagan started.

Our recruitment targets were identified in October or are carry overs from the summer. There is no panic, and certainly not off the back of a loanee returning!
Sorry, the sarcasm flag wasn't added to my post!!

You're in the wrong profession Scotchers - you should be in PR, or perhaps a football psychic.

Just Googled to see what happened to him. Interesting read.

Thanks for sharing that. I always had Maddison down as a really talented but thoroughly nasty piece of work. Comes across here as a sensitive, insecure kid without any coping strategies. Probably the same for a lot of troubled young men behind the surface I guess.

Back
Top Bottom