Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Come on down to the sea, to see the Blackpool FC, come on down to the shore if you want a big home, want a big homeeee!! This is the best house, i've ever owned.
You can bid for Cammy B
Just not a derisory fee
Otherwise Robbo won't answer his phone
Won't answer his phone
Won't answeeeer his phooone
Blackpool's a s**t hole
And the fishing lakes around Oxfordshire are far superior

You can bid for Cammy B
Just not a derisory fee
Otherwise Robbo won't answer his phone
Won't answer his phone
Won't answeeeer his phooone
Blackpool's a s**t hole
And the fishing lakes around Oxfordshire are far superior
From "Escape to the Country" to "X-Factor". I think I'll have a lay down and set the alarm for 11pm!! :D

I never thought I'd yearn for the days of a ridiculous bazzer or kip panic attack but it has happened. Well done, Forum
What panic? I have not panicked but let’s wait until 11pm at the moment we have for the future but nothing for now.

I agree, we've not handled this situation very well at all. As fans, i'd be pissed off too if another team came in with an offer under market value for our star man. I hope we reach an agreement today just to save face, it would be embarassing after all this if Oxford come out and make it clear he absolutely is not for sale!!
You made an earlier comment about your board not being stupid but if you sign him now you have to say they've acted it with this. There's been no secret about Cam's release clause and it's also pretty clear that our actual valuation is much higher. Said release clause has now expired so you need to try and take a player we don't want or need to sell on deadline day for a figure that suits us. If you do get him it will be for more than the release clause which is a bargain anyway, he could have already been with you if you hadn't messed around with stupidly low offers.

Lytham St Annes is just down the coast, lovely spot. Lancaster and its surroundings is decent as well. Blackpool and Fleetwood definitely aren;t as nice.

I'd have to live around Ulverston or just in the Lakes and commute.
Just to add in that Morecambe is an absolute hole

Blackpool fan - this is all getting a bit silly with Cameron now, how many bids are we gonig to place today...

Surely we must be getting some positive feedback from either Oxford or Cameron, our board aren't fools and wouldn't waste time if there wasn't some positive noise.

It won’t be from the player. The club, I would hope not.

You made an earlier comment about your board not being stupid but if you sign him now you have to say they've acted it with this. There's been no secret about Cam's release clause and it's also pretty clear that our actual valuation is much higher. Said release clause has now expired so you need to try and take a player we don't want or need to sell on deadline day for a figure that suits us. If you do get him it will be for more than the release clause which is a bargain anyway, he could have already been with you if you hadn't messed around with stupidly low offers.
I don't think its as simple as that, we have Thorniley and potentially Robson to use as a swap deal, which means the release clause is effectively pointless in the negotiations. Additioanlly, we've sold a few players and taken some off the books, most likely to free up funds for an improved offer - we're in a slightly different position now than when the first bid came in.

I go back to the same point though, we must be getting something back from these bids otherwise we wouldn't bother pursuing. I know you guys are adamant about meeting the release clause otherwise he isn't for sale, but judging by the 4th (I think) bid coming in so soon after the last, and the time its taking to reject, it doesn't feel like the shop is shut - but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom