Other European European Super League one step closer?

If this goes ahead and sucked up by “fans” across Asia, where does this leave the board of OUFC? Brand Oxford would no longer have the same clout and the prospect of us becoming a top 30 club in the UK is tarnished in that the product will play second fiddle to the ESL in terms of what football fans in the Far East want to watch. The PL will become a second rate option and our wealthy owners may think twice about making the investment we are all hoping for.
The day when football became all about money arrived some time ago. Today is the day,if those promoting this idea get there way, when football lost its soul. Let’s pray this never gets off the drawing board.

There seems a surprising number of people here who mention that they have Sky. Not quite sure why anyone would bother if they weren’t interested in the TV teams.

If this goes ahead and sucked up by “fans” across Asia, where does this leave the board of OUFC? Brand Oxford would no longer have the same clout and the prospect of us becoming a top 30 club in the UK is tarnished in that the product will play second fiddle to the ESL in terms of what football fans in the Far East want to watch. The PL will become a second rate option and our wealthy owners may think twice about making the investment we are all hoping for.
The day when football became all about money arrived some time ago. Today is the day,if those promoting this idea get there way, when football lost its soul. Let’s pray this never gets off the drawing board.
Did anyone really think brand Oxford was a thing? Asian fans would want to see Man U in a big stadium, not some little university town team.

Oooooo her come the petitions...... is there a Faceache page or a hashtag? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Piddling into the wind seems apt....

I can proudly say I have never subscribed to SKY, probably because many of us old fossils knew what was coming once that Genie was out of the bottle......

More people in the Far East have heard of Oxford than have any idea where Manchester is. Tiger set great store in this fact when he first arrived and the ambition has always been to get OUFC into the PL. it’s worked for Leicester City so why not Oxford? All I’m saying is that if the PL is no longer the best show in town then the investment to get us there may not materialise.

I have had a Sky subscription and watched premier league football for years because I grew up watching (although much less frequently back then) the old division one, even saw a certain team that play in yellow in it, and it is the top division of the system we play in. They got a new tv deal and changed the names but the structure stayed the same.

Where do Spurs actually think they are a big six team imo Leicester Newcastle villa Everton Leeds are bigger than Spurs they are just a mid table team in a posh new stadium

Back
Top Bottom