Other European European Super League

This is so obvious.

It'll be "free to watch" for a year or two. Then when the morons are hooked on it, they'll start charging a subscription fee which will increase every couple of years, so they just get what they want and drag the muppet Sky fans along with them. It's just the Netflix/Spotify/Amazon model all over again.

Almost worse than the greedy owners will be the fans who pay to attend. Every one of them will be a traitor to their club and to the entire system.

When this actually happens it will be such a disgrace that the heads of those involved should literally roll.

(For account retention purposes the above sentence is just a joke...)

This is basically big business, profits and free market capitalism v big business, profits and free market capitalism. I wonder who will win!

Showing his anti euro stance. Could he stop it? Could he stop English clubs participating? I am totally against the ESL but c’mon Kier you’ve got no chance it’s a voting gimmick
To be fair there is nothing he could say that you would find worthy of support :)

Showing his anti euro stance. Could he stop it? Could he stop English clubs participating? I am totally against the ESL but c’mon Kier you’ve got no chance it’s a voting gimmick
I am not sure why a law couldn't be introduced to stop it or make it far more difficult?
The big clubs seem to want to join a European Super League AND stay in the PL ( which will, of course, be less competitive). Maybe allow the other clubs to kick them out if they do join the ESL?

I am not sure why a law couldn't be introduced to stop it or make it far more difficult?
The big clubs seem to want to join a European Super League AND stay in the PL ( which will, of course, be less competitive). Maybe allow the other clubs to kick them out if they do join the ESL?
They won’t get time to play in both leagues and their squad sizes would have to increase and clubs in the lower leagues will suffer financially

Why were no points deductions handed out when the original six Premier League teams announced they were going to join the ESL? Was just a few fines in the end wasn't it?

Why were no points deductions handed out when the original six Premier League teams announced they were going to join the ESL? Was just a few fines in the end wasn't it?
Which PL rules did they break to merit points deductions?

Pretty sure there was a threat of punishment "Including points deductions" ? Tbh I don't follow the PL much these days, I could be making it up!
No idea either, I don't follow it that much myself...

Wigan, Birmingham and Swansea have won a trophy in the years since Spurs last won one. Fantastic stadium, empty trophy cabinet.
We’ve also won a major trophy more recently than Newcastle. Something I like to point out when you get one of their fans telling you how massive they are.

Back
Top Bottom