Other European European Super League

Might not be so good for A22 as the original interpretations suggested if this from the above article is to be believed:

"All advantage lies with Uefa​

Analysis from Miguel Delaney - chief football writer at The Independent

All anybody really cares about is can a European Super League be launched?

And what this judgement does is say it is still immensely complicated.

All advantage lies with Uefa and crucially the Super League would still have to get authorisation from Uefa.

What today's ruling does is it basically preserves the power of the governing bodies. It makes it clear that legally sporting merit needs to be protected."

As an aside, the names for the leagues are truly awful. Well they've got 2 clubs I suppose, only another 62 to get and they couldn't get 15 initially. Also, if all games are streamed free, where is the income going to come from?
Probably from advert breaks every 10 mins during play…

Probably from advert breaks every 10 mins during play…
This is so obvious.

It'll be "free to watch" for a year or two. Then when the morons are hooked on it, they'll start charging a subscription fee which will increase every couple of years, so they just get what they want and drag the muppet Sky fans along with them. It's just the Netflix/Spotify/Amazon model all over again.

Almost worse than the greedy owners will be the fans who pay to attend. Every one of them will be a traitor to their club and to the entire system.

When this actually happens it will be such a disgrace that the heads of those involved should literally roll.

(For account retention purposes the above sentence is just a joke...)

So to clarify the totally fog, does this mean that these "super???" teams would no longer play in their own national league's , or compete in their own leagues plus the existing European rubbish and the new rubbish, I am confused and to be totally honest I hope it all goes for a up again, the rich get richer, waste even more money on obscene wages on players no one has heard of,

So to clarify the totally fog, does this mean that these "super???" teams would no longer play in their own national league's , or compete in their own leagues plus the existing European rubbish and the new rubbish, I am confused and to be totally honest I hope it all goes for a up again, the rich get richer, waste even more money on obscene wages on players no one has heard of,
I think it would be extra, in midweek, in place of current European cups. Sounds tiring

f**k them.

Let them go. Let genuine proper fans (‘legacy fans’) form phoenix clubs if they so wish. Let them wantonly destroy the planet with ridiculous levels of travel. Let them plough their snouts into the trough of greed. They won’t ever get me watching a single minute of what they have planned.

I only said the other week that within 10 years the EFL championship will be taken over by the Premier League and be renamed Premier League 2.
This will just fast track that now.

I see Man U have come out and said they will be staying in the UEFA European club competitions, at first I thought that’s a bit cheeky they have to qualify first but then I remembered Tottenham were one of the clubs invited into the “super league” to begin with so you can’t be any more ridiculous than that.

f**k them.

Let them go. Let genuine proper fans (‘legacy fans’) form phoenix clubs if they so wish. Let them wantonly destroy the planet with ridiculous levels of travel. Let them plough their snouts into the trough of greed. They won’t ever get me watching a single minute of what they have planned.
Part of me wants there to be a European Super League as I think it would completely separate the nonsense Sky football and leave decent, local, community football to the rest of us.

I see Man U have come out and said they will be staying in the UEFA European club competitions, at first I thought that’s a bit cheeky they have to qualify first but then I remembered Tottenham were one of the clubs invited into the “super league” to begin with so you can’t be any more ridiculous than that.
Don’t. The spurs thing genuinely makes me laugh. Big club my a**e.

Part of me wants there to be a European Super League as I think it would completely separate the nonsense Sky football and leave decent, local, community football to the rest of us.
Having a ESL would result in clubs living within their own means as Sky will jump ship at the earliest

f**k them.

Signed up then? :ROFLMAO:

Having a ESL would result in clubs living within their own means as Sky will jump ship at the earliest
Would that be a bad thing though? So much about modern football is better but there is a lot worse too. Less money in the wrong places would be a good thing. Maybe.

f**k them.

ditto that

In the previous incarnation of this 'super' league, all of the big clubs wanted to stay in their domestic leagues as well ( threatening to go to court if they were kicked out).

This is all about wealthy owners trying to make even more money out of the game (and Barcelona, Real and the Italian clubs that have massively overspent and can't compete with the EPL- trying to grow their revenues).

Most clubs have already come out and said they won't be joining a 'super league'. When you look at it, it is just Barcelona and Real Madrid who are really pushing for this and that's down to them (especially Barcelona) being in a mess when it comes to finances.

Most clubs have already come out and said they won't be joining a 'super league'. When you look at it, it is just Barcelona and Real Madrid who are really pushing for this and that's down to them (especially Barcelona) being in a mess when it comes to finances.
I think that it is more than that.
The EPL is so successful and produces so much money for all of the clubs, that it is really difficult for even the big clubs in other leagues to compete.
Most other leagues have 2 to 4 'big clubs" and some pretty small clubs within them.
The German League is the exception ( Hambury in Bundesliga 2 with crowds of 53, 000 and 5 or 6 with around 30,000, and many Bundesliga clubs with crowds of 50,000)
Even then the TV money is nothing like that in the EPL.

Would that be a bad thing though? So much about modern football is better but there is a lot worse too. Less money in the wrong places would be a good thing. Maybe.
No it wouldn’t but there would have to be strict rules in place ie FFP so that they live with in their means as the income I think at the moment Is 120 million in the premiership won’t be there anymore so the smaller clubs like Bournemouth, Burnley and Luton won’t be able to pay the wages they currently pay their players.

Back
Top Bottom