Other European European Super League one step closer?

Man u fan I know, goes to a few of their home games has said if this goes ahead he will be supporting us and getting a season ticket.

The main problem I can see is if the top 6 are allowed to compete in it and remain in the Premier league they will put youngsters out for the fa cup/league Cup games and demoralise the whole competition.

Man u fan I know, goes to a few of their home games has said if this goes ahead he will be supporting us and getting a season ticket.

The main problem I can see is if the top 6 are allowed to compete in it and remain in the Premier league they will put youngsters out for the fa cup/league Cup games and demoralise the whole competition.
some of 'them' have been doing that for some time already , sadly

I will be surprised if many of the current top line players will speak out, especially as it could be seen as going against the clubs that are paying their monstrous wages.

15 clubs who can never be relegated, joined by 5 who "qualify" from the season before... So if the 5 "qualifiers" then fill the first 5 positions at the end of the year, no matter, you are all relegated anyway, and 5 more come in their place?

It's a f*****g mental idea.

15 clubs who can never be relegated, joined by 5 who "qualify" from the season before... So if the 5 "qualifiers" then fill the first 5 positions at the end of the year, no matter, you are all relegated anyway, and 5 more come in their place?

It's a f*****g mental idea.

I suspect this is a small gesture until the league gets up and running. They'll pick their favourite 5 teams (e.g. PSG, Bayern,...), depending on who joins them and then shut the door.

If the big six are kicked out, what price them being allowed to enter a b-team further down the ladder instead?

So two groups of ten, home and away = 18 games minimum then a two legged quarter final and semifinal. bye bye then to playing in the FA Cup, League Cup.

Which means the PL would either have to ban them or change their own rules.

I have a friend who supports Liverpool and he has said to me he hopes Klopp walks and that Leeds destroy Liverpool tonight. That's how bad of an assault on the fans it is; fans are hoping their clubs fail. It will be interesting to see what team plays tonight as, if I were a player, I'd refuse to play.

It would still be someone else’s fault

I suspect this is a small gesture until the league gets up and running. They'll pick their favourite 5 teams (e.g. PSG, Bayern,...), depending on who joins them and then shut the door.
Porto were invited to join the splitters ESL , but declined .... and now I cant find the link to where I read that earlier !

Which makes the next World Cup Final France v Germany.

Don't know about that - 14 out of the last 23 man France squad played for one of the 'breakaway 12' clubs - that's one more than England!

I have a friend who supports Liverpool and he has said to me he hopes Klopp walks and that Leeds destroy Liverpool tonight. That's how bad of an assault on the fans it is; fans are hoping their clubs fail. It will be interesting to see what team plays tonight as, if I were a player, I'd refuse to play.
It's a lovely thought but they would then risk of being in breach of contract and would forfeit any appearance fee/win bonus that they might be due.

Thinking back it seems to me this sort of mirrors the creation of the Premier League in terms of having the sole goal of wealth creation for the owners so the remaining Prem owners can’t be to self righteous.
I detest the Prem for that reason.

It's a lovely thought but they would then risk of being in breach of contract and would forfeit any appearance fee/win bonus that they might be due.
I agree it's unlikely to happen. I think there'll be a few, but not enough to make an impact.

They may well be publicly against the idea, just like Man Utd supporters were against how the Glazers run their club - yet they still managed to pack out Old Trafford week in week out until the Covid lockdown happened.

It would be interesting to see just how many fans will be prepared to turn their backs on clubs they have supported all their life, and not renew their season tickets. When push comes to shove, I think the answer will sadly be not many. And by doing that, then they are part of the problem. Once a plastic, always a plastic.
Calling Man U fans plastic is a bit unfair. A lot of them wait years to get a season ticket and end up on dead mans season tickets ( these are those born and bred into it, living in the city fans) I only have 1 club and if I didn’t come to Oxford I doubt I’d go anywhere else anytime soon. This is outright killing our game and selling it to Asia packed up in a nice little bundle.

BTW Love the fact that Spurs see themselves as big six when they’ve won nothing for decades!

Maybe even @Essexyellows will now realise that greed isn't good.

They are welcome to their greed and all that comes with it.
It isn`t a one way street when you forget where you came from.

Chuck them out of the PL & the FL.... we can`t ........but we can hope. Let them fly away to fairy land.

Many years ago some of ussaid that SKY would screw the game, they created the PL and that was the start.

Remember the first PPV game? Yep- Us vs Sunderland.

We can`t stop it, it will happen all we can hope is that the powers that be make it very uncomfortable, but the big brown envelopes will sort that out.

It`s almost like signing up to a free trade agreement with lots of countries and then finding out you don`t like what it has become.... ;)

FSA Statement ...and news item on this subject

Back
Top Bottom