Sport Cricket - Summer 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Bracey making his England debut as WK.
That's a very inexperienced side against NZ who are in the top 2 in the world and always seem to have the bowlers for English conditions.
Are England underdogs?

Really excited to see what Hameed can do. The last time I saw him bat was on tour in India, and then left the tour because of a hand injury.

He played really well there, and hopefully he will be just as good, if not better!!

Will he get a game?

Burns is in good form and then you’ve the likes of Crawley, Pope, Lawrence. Then Root, Buttler and Bairstow.

Will he get a game?

Burns is in good form and then you’ve the likes of Crawley, Pope, Lawrence. Then Root, Buttler and Bairstow.

I certainly hope he gets a go. There are a lot of test matches this year, and hopefully he will get another opportunity.

Really excited to see what Hameed can do. The last time I saw him bat was on tour in India, and then left the tour because of a hand injury.

I wonder if it might be a bit early considering his utter loss of form for a few years and the potential impact on his mental state. Hopefully if he gets a chance he is a success but it is a risk.

He played really well there, and hopefully he will be just as good, if not better!!
He is unlikely to play unless one of the other openers gets injured. Its a way of getting him invoved again.
Shame about Foakes. He is our best man with the gloves. NZ will be really tough and probably start as favourites.

Reminds me of getting detention at school when we had to write an Essay on the game of cricket, I went straight to the teacher after a few seconds with a blank piece of paper. What's this he asked "Ran stop play Sir"

He is unlikely to play unless one of the other openers gets injured. Its a way of getting him invoved again.
Shame about Foakes. He is our best man with the gloves. NZ will be really tough and probably start as favourites.

Yes New Zealand have some very handy bowlers, and our conditions really suit there bowling attack. Boult is a handful, Wagner ain’t bad, and I really like DeGrandhomme. Lovely all rounder!

Nz will want revenge of sorts for the odi world cup final a couple of years ago

Yes New Zealand have some very handy bowlers, and our conditions really suit there bowling attack. Boult is a handful, Wagner ain’t bad, and I really like DeGrandhomme. Lovely all rounder!
Plus Tim Southee who usually goes well in our conditions, bags of experience.
No Lockie Ferguson who is recovering from injury. They have picked some uncapped players as well. Weather permitting it should be an interesting couple of tests.

Plus Tim Southee who usually goes well in our conditions, bags of experience.
No Lockie Ferguson who is recovering from injury. They have picked some uncapped players as well. Weather permitting it should be an interesting couple of tests.
Ferguson gave them a bit of the x factor.
They will still cause us a lot of problems though

5 minutes to lunch and it's been a good morning for NZ.
85 for 1 and Robinson has the wicket on debut.

hmmmm ... have the BBC commentary team dispensed with the term batsman and replaced it with the favoured down under term of batter? I do hope I misheard.... to me batter is something that raw fish are dipped in before deep frying at the chippy .... or what was done to adversaries back in the 70s

hmmmm ... have the BBC commentary team dispensed with the term batsman and replaced it with the favoured down under term of batter? I do hope I misheard.... to me batter is something that raw fish are dipped in before deep frying at the chippy .... or what was done to adversaries back in the 70s
Practicing for the abomination that is 'The Hundred' most likely.

156-3.... its being streamed on hes goal should anyone need such.

Looks warm.

Work have got some cheap tickets for the Leics v Notts T20 at Grace Road on the 16th July....... that`ll do me, on holiday the following week.

Which fine upstanding individual has been sat on these social media posts for ten years waiting for him to play for England?

Time was if you saw a potential talent you would go down the bookies and negotiate a price for them to play for England - now you just sit on any dodgy post they make and then head off to the papers when the time comes....

Back to the game....

Can anyone tell me why we went into this without a spinner? (Root isn't one, he is a slow bowler!). To have an attack solely based on pace seems a bit daft to me, especially when the pitch is flat and (as it turned out) the overhead conditions didn't give us any swing. I remember when we had spinners who could at the very least tie one end up and stem the runs on days like that, even if the pitch wasn't taking turn! Surely there must be *someone* in the country who can do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom