International News Covid-19 .....

I don't think that the vaccination programme is going particularly in Australia.
Maybe due to the incredibly low numbers of infections there it isn't seen as a priority?

"Last month, it fell 85% short of its own target - and the lack of clarity around the process has been criticised.
Supply shortages and delivery problems have been blamed for the delays."

"Last month, it fell 85% short of its own target - and the lack of clarity around the process has been criticised.
Supply shortages and delivery problems have been blamed for the delays."

Didn`t the EU block or fail to deliver vaccine to Aus?

I don't think that the vaccination programme is going particularly in Australia.
Maybe due to the incredibly low numbers of infections there it isn't seen as a priority?
That’s true, we’re still doing over 60s, frontline etc. 2M out of 26M vaccinated. Mainly because we have so little infection that it is less urgent than most other places. It would look like a bad choice if we have a big outbreak, though.

1 person.............. 359 contacts.....

Not up to speed on how the vaccine programme is going but if they don`t get all the contacts....
The definition of close contacts is pretty strict. E.g. The guy went to 3 or 4 restaurants, and everyone who went to any of those restaurants in similar 2-3 hour periods is considered a close contact and has to quarantine for 14 days regardless of the outcome of their covid test.
The main issue is that he was out and about for 3or 4 days because he contracted it in quarantine at the end of his 14 day stay.

Yippee, now it is public news.

3 cases of the Indian variant in Leicester.........related to travel......fancy that.

Yippee, now it is public news.

3 cases of the Indian variant in Leicester.........related to travel......fancy that.
The person who originated the current infection in Perth quarantine was someone who the Federal (not state!) govt let travel to India for a sodding wedding. Thanks Scomo.

I`m sure the liberal folk would be crying racism if we locked them up or out.
Sounds like you're the big liberal here. Your approach seems to be that governments can vaguely suggest things, but can't actually enforce anything in case it annoys people, and don't really have a lot of power or responsibility anyway.

Sounds like you're the big liberal here. Your approach seems to be that governments can vaguely suggest things, but can't actually enforce anything in case it annoys people, and don't really have a lot of power or responsibility anyway.

I would suggest it is incredibly difficult to keep your own citizens out of the country if they have been tested and agreed to do whatever they are supposed to do on arrival.
Australia implemented a restricted intake system which rattled a few folk when the tennis players were let in.
I would say we have a higher volume of travel for the "valid reasons" alongside that reliance on people to do the right thing.
Most will, but not everyone.

On the bright side the variant will be coming up against a large percentage of vaccinated folk in the UK so will either mutate again or die which is what any virus does.

Bit of catch up and updating stuff....

Fridays figures.....
81493 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 81,451 (increase 42).
36774 (increase of 14) were within the Leicester City Council area.
44719 (increase of 28) cases were reported in the County.

Todays figures.......
81,519 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 81,493 (increase 26).
36786 (increase of 12) were within the Leicester City Council area.
44733 (increase of 14) cases were reported in the County.
UHL reported 5 death's, some being historical adjustments.
The death's occurred on the following day's, 9th January, 11th January, 23rd February, 6th April and 1st May.
Total number of UHL death's stands at 1,468

Back
Top Bottom