General Connor Wickham

To be fair, they absolutely 100 percent are! Whether they should be in their position is another question but nobody can deny they get deals done!
I can imagine you would be just as happy if we signed a striker who had scored 18 goals in 96 games over the last 9 years…
Then I’d put up who’s actually done well at Stoke or Southampton in the last few years? Basketcase clubs.

He’s a top manager. You don’t do what he did at Luton if you aren’t.
A top manager that has failed everywhere he has been apart from Luton?

I think it’s fairly obvious they go for it in the glamour positions but then fill the rest of the team with players Patto would of turned down for his conference team, a lip sided recruitment policy that leaves you in the bottom half of the table but impresses the lads in the queue for a bargain bucket.
To be fair they spent over a million on Coventry who's more of a holding midfielder and around what we spent on Goodwin on a 28 year old centre back who was a regular for Plymouth last season, as well as signing another centre back who's played semi regularly in the Championship recently just in January.

The attacking signings take the headlines but they've spent money throughout the squad and should be challenging next season. Whether they will or not remains to be seen as they seem mental behind the scenes but they're certainly going for it. Wickham does seem a strange signing though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom