General Connor Wickham

Peterdev

I see he’s still a free agent although Cardiff are interested.
It would be a brave move to get him in.
Even though the window is closed I’m sure we could get him in as a free agent

I suspect we’ll be ready when his move to Cardiff ‘falls through’ and he ‘chooses Oxford’.

I don't see why he wouldn't, we're a step up from FGR (in theory) and he's probably not going to get a place in the Cardiff side.
No, but he could probably earn more money sitting on their bench than he would playing here. Guess it depends on what is aims are for the last part of his career.

Yes indeed. He's only 29! A mere boy
A large part of our current squad weren't even born when I was 29, that's depressing. I may have to write another angry letter to the Oxford Mail complaining about the youth of today wasting their lives chasing a ball about when they could be doing something productive... :ROFLMAO:

A large part of our current squad weren't even born when I was 29, that's depressing. I may have to write another angry letter to the Oxford Mail complaining about the youth of today wasting their lives chasing a ball about when they could be doing something productive... :ROFLMAO:
True McIvor style: "I understand the need for young people but I don't think Oxford United is an appropriate place for them to seek employment"

Posted this before.
But we spoke to him after he left FGR along with numerous other clubs.

The fact he still hasn't got a new club is very odd.
He's coming off the back of his best goal return in 8 years (8 goals in 2013/14) and had matched his best ever season tally (9 in 2010/11) by January.

Been training with Cardiff for fitness though was there prior to their new manager coming in, so may not get a deal there.
Edit - reports today suggesting he'll be offered one after showing he's over an injury suffered at the back end of his time at FGR

Seems happy to have not played for 9 weeks , madness for a bloke who has made the most appearances he has made in a season since 2015/16.

Last edited:
After all of our complaining about KR signing crocks and players that “don’t fancy it” if people are seriously suggesting we bring in ANOTHER CROCK, who seemingly also “doesn’t fancy it” then I despair.

f*****g hell

After all of our complaining about KR signing crocks and players that “don’t fancy it” if people are seriously suggesting we bring in ANOTHER CROCK, who seemingly also “doesn’t fancy it” then I despair.

f*****g hell
I think its simple desperation - though he is far from the worst shout available and has clearly shown at FGR that he fancies it more than Murphy for starters

“Appearances” ? Where?
I think he was spotted walking around on the left side of the pitch once or twice, but a rare sighting, for such a shy and reclusive delicate little creature

Cardiff are hoping to put an offer to him in the next week according to reports in the press so it's unlikely he will be coming here.

144 starts +106 sub league appearances since 2008.........so 10 starts and 7 sub appearances per season

And our fans (who are wanting us to sign him) accuse the manager of being the one who signs crocks

Doesn’t it show what am absolute balls up KR has made of constructing a ‘squad’ that we are now thinking of Wickham as a very necessary addition?

*Sorry - the seven man recruitment panel…
Yep. As I said yesterday on the transfer window thread.
He can never put a fit and balanced squad together, hasn't done it since he's been here.
The fact that he hasn't done it again when the board has backed him more than ever is unforgivable. Just a complete shambles. It then leads to desperation and going for crocks and has beens, most of them because nobody wants them.
Should have been sacked in October.

Back
Top Bottom