Away Match Day Thread +++6/04/2019 Walsall v OUFC match day thread+++

third (consecutive) away win ...2-1 ... and safety achieved

I'd have Whyte and Sinclair on the bench as they had slight knocks I believe, and both good to bring on against tiring legs. I also think Henry has lost form and needs a spell out of the starting lineup.

Eastwood
Long Nelson Dickie Ruffels
Kashi Brannagan
Browne/Sykes (can't decide)
Graham Mackie Garbutt

I was really impressed with Garbutt's set piece delivery against Wycombe, think he deserves to keep his place. That is starting to look like such a strong, in form team, with options and threats.
Graham on the right have you ever watched him there? He's half the player compared to what he is on the left.

Safe travels to all going, unfortunately working!

Going for a 2-1 win!
COYY

It feels like last week was a valve being released and all the pressure now seems more or less to be off. I think there's a danger the players will be thinking 'job done', and won't be giving that extra 5% that Walsall probably will.

1-0 Walsall imo. But it's fine - no need to panic if we do lose.

Worth noting too that fixtures elsewhere aren't ideal from our perspective. There are no (what I would consider to be) guaranteed defeats on paper for any teams around us (e.g. away at Luton) - the best teams in the league are all playing relegation candidates away from home, and there are only two 'six pointers' (wimbledon/accy and shrews/scunny - not including us, of course). After the easing tension of the last few weeks I have a feeling we could be glancing over our shoulders a bit come 5 o'clock - but as I say, no need to worry.

It feels like last week was a valve being released and all the pressure now seems more or less to be off. I think there's a danger the players will be thinking 'job done', and won't be giving that extra 5% that Walsall probably will.

1-0 Walsall imo. But it's fine - no need to panic if we do lose.

Worth noting too that fixtures elsewhere aren't ideal from our perspective. There are no (what I would consider to be) guaranteed defeats on paper for any teams around us (e.g. away at Luton) - the best teams in the league are all playing relegation candidates away from home, and there are only two 'six pointers' (wimbledon/accy and shrews/scunny - not including us, of course). After the easing tension of the last few weeks I have a feeling we could be glancing over our shoulders a bit come 5 o'clock - but as I say, no need to worry.
it’s possible we’ve got enough points now anyway but would hope players will want to finish as high as possible

I would love a win, if only to stop the moaners coming out of the woodpile. Heart says 2-0 win for the Yellows, head says draw. I'll take that.

Going for a 1-3, dickie sinclair and henry to score for the only oxford result that matters this weekend!

Play to our strengths CoCo, give that extra 10% today as Walsall will be up for it away win

Tight game, but the introduction of whyte on time second half should see us cause them palpitations.
0-1 to the yellows.

Difficult to predict. Walsall have been on a bad run but against good sides, and haven't played badly. We could relax a bit and play well, or relax too much and not be on it. Walsall could be tense and struggle, or be really up for it. A draw would be fine for us.

Back
Top Bottom