Home Match Day Thread 30/01/2021 L1 OUFC v Fleetwood Town

Robbo has an insouciant way about him. And if he's under pressure the nearest weakling gets thrown under the bus.

Get out while you can, Dan.
Bit ott to be honest . KRob does speak quite freely and has done a similar thing in the past but it really doesn't show what really is going on with their relationship. Players do and will come in for criticism and I believe with Dan its more to do with the frustration that there is a very good player in there.

• React
Reactions: UTM
Whilst bus casting is a tool oft used to provoke a response from the castee, I'm not sure what pressure Robbo was under today.

I also think that Dan would have been out already if we had found someone interested in having him....

While I said earlier on that I thought KR was right to be fuming at Agyei, that does not mean that I think his public post match comments were particularly well judged or helpful - especially as he said that he had not said such things in the dressing room. Maybe he didn't want to bring the players down after a win - quite understandable - but perhaps a word with Agyei in private would have been a better idea.

Is Kip alright? Not heard a peep today.
All good thanks Bob. Didnt watch the game today as tied up with a house move, so cant really offer a critique of our performance. Beating Fleetwood and 3 points off the playoffs though. Cant really complain at that (til Monday evenings deadlinevof course)

Agyei had a mare today. Should’ve just put the rebound into the net first time. It went from bad to worse after that - he has to be better than that. But I also didn’t hear him getting praised when he smashed the ball into the bottom corner from 20 yards only a few days ago. When he messes up he gets slaughtered; when he does something brilliant that helps to win a game he’s largely ignored.
He cannot play there. It actively affects him because he’s so uncomfortable and then the team suffers for it. Either put him through the middle or don’t play him at all.

He got praised on the forum for his goal on Tuesday... when he was played out wide.

As you say though, today was a shocker, and that's a position he would more often be in if played centrally.

The goal Tuesday, and the miss today, would point to me that his best position is actually on the right side, or as a partner to a natural goal scorer. He just doesn't seem composed enough in the box to be an out and out number 9 on his own, and is better when coming inside from the right and taking a shot.

Problem is we never play with two up top, and Agyei playing wide just leaves his full back without enough cover. Unfortunately, I dont think he will make it here with the way we set up.

All good thanks Bob. Didnt watch the game today as tied up with a house move, so cant really offer a critique of our performance. Beating Fleetwood and 3 points off the playoffs though. Cant really complain at that (til Monday evenings deadlinevof course)
Come on ffs. We scraped a win against a team with 10 men for 84 minutes. You don't need to watch it to know that we were s**t!

He seems like one of those players, like Sterling, that when given any amount of time to think, is a rabbit in the headlights.

While I said earlier on that I thought KR was right to be fuming at Agyei, that does not mean that I think his public post match comments were particularly well judged or helpful - especially as he said that he had not said such things in the dressing room. Maybe he didn't want to bring the players down after a win - quite understandable - but perhaps a word with Agyei in private would have been a better idea.
Agreed

Apologies if this has been covered already. Is that the club record of league wins in a row?

What we don’t know is how much support KR gives Agyei behind the scenes. Sometimes a player needs an arm round their shoulders, sometimes they need telling it as it is. If KR has done all that with Agyei, and probably more than once, then it is up to Agyei to produce the goods on match day.
If, despite all the advice, cajoling, support etc Agyei performs like he did today then you have to wonder why that happens. You can also understand KR’s frustration and why he publicly criticises him.
Not saying that’s the right thing to do, but we don’t know the half of what goes on.

Just watched the highlights on Quest and bloody hell didn’t Henry give Agyei s**t for not scoring an open goal.

Last edited:
I'm up for a kickin' here but here goes.

Agyei has to me got considerable 'wasted' talent and unfortunately here there is dislike and wires are definitely acrossing somewhere. Whether that is a relationship issue or an undermining matter god knows and in mentioning god that doesn't neccessary mean KR.

To me the club and player need to sort the dislike, un-cross some of those wires and if they haven't already tried mediation with that Gary Bloom(ing) fellow then perhaps give that a go first and if that doesn't fix the problem(s) with our Daniel then sell him to Arsenal because the guy to me strangely wouldn't look out of place in an Arsenal shirt especially with some of the goals he has scored lol. Mad cap I know but the boy in my opinion is better in fact much better than we all saw of him today.

How long the club will give him I for one can't say but there is a player in there somewhere and at the moment I can only see tears for both parties somewhere along the line...so before any tears I do hope the club and player have covered all areas of dislike and wires fairly for all concerned because for some unknown reason there is obviously something amiss.

From a personal point of view I like Dan the man and I believe he needs love....so give the guy a break or an arm...as this sh*t today (and maybe he deserved a bit of flack for today) has unbelievably come on the back of a record breaking run. F*ck nose what the score would've been with Danny boy if we had lost the last seven.

On the game - we won and the Captain Pugwash weight has finally left our back.

The engine and vaccine is running......

COYY'S.

That said, I think the whole team is looking a bit dis-jointed at the moment. Alright, so we've won our last 7 games, and are within touching distance of the playoffs, which is a fantastic achievement, considering the start we had, and Robbo and the lads deserve massive credit for that. 👏
Surely this run has co-incided with Jack Stevens taking over in goal. Credit where credit is due.

Back
Top Bottom