Votes: 58 73.4%
  • Fleetwood

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t see Sykes anywhere near a place in the team or even the bench. But Karl can always pull a surprise or two, recently they have worked a treat.

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Kelly Gorrin Brannagan
Henry Taylor Shodipo

Subs: Eastwood, Forde, Hanson, Sykes, Obita, Aygei, Winnall

It didn’t really work against Rochdale having two deeper sitting players, we seemed much better second half when Gorrin was left in the middle on his own as he likes, meant that the fullbacks could get higher up the pitch and we had more options in the middle further forward. Brannigan also seems better slightly deeper than in that lone AMC role. I think we should play:

Stevens
Gorrin
Henry Brannigan
Agyei Taylor Shodipo
With subs of Obita to come on for Shodipo when he tires, Kelly on for Brannigan and Forde or Sykes on for Agyei.
Completely agree about Gorrin - looks more comfortable and plays better when he's on his own as defensive midfield.
This system helps us move easily between 4141 (which it is most of time) and 433 with the full backs getting forward when we have got possession and go on the attack.

With the cup game on Tuesday next, everyone will come into the mix. Strongest team out for Saturday and then the wider squad will come into play for Tuesday. I’d love to see us take Fleetwood apart. Due to have a win against them. COYY

Consistently I`ve gone for the draw and will be most pleased if we win.

It`s working so far!

It didn’t really work against Rochdale having two deeper sitting players, we seemed much better second half when Gorrin was left in the middle on his own as he likes, meant that the fullbacks could get higher up the pitch and we had more options in the middle further forward. Brannigan also seems better slightly deeper than in that lone AMC role. I think we should play:

Stevens
Gorrin
Henry Brannigan
Agyei Taylor Shodipo
With subs of Obita to come on for Shodipo when he tires, Kelly on for Brannigan and Forde or Sykes on for Agyei.
Definitely go with that as our strongest lineup at present. The only possible change would be Shodipo right and Obita left.

As with Bristol, history means nothing, Fleetwood are in a terrible run of form. We will win.

What has sykes done recently to grant a place in the first team? He didn't even make the bench last night.

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffles.
Gorrin
Henry Brannagan
Agyei Taylor. Shodipo

Is how we should line up.
Recently... or ever!

You obviously didn’t see many games last season. He can be one of our best attackers, with an incredible ability to get a cross in at speed and when hemmed in. But it’s still not quite clear what his best position is.
I watched most of the games last season.
Sykes produces flashes of real skill but rarely maintains that level. Much of the time he is tactically unreliable and has so far failed to connect effectively with his teammates in the formations KR has put out. That is why he has been dropped.
I saw him in a trophy game here shortly after he signed and he looked brilliant. It’s been a big disappointment that he has not fulfilled his obvious potential - for whatever reason. A few eye-catching twists and turns against big teams in important matches does not make him a good player. (As an aside, I did watch him play with flair, intelligence and skill away at Gillingham- but it was a rare exception)
KR clearly sees that he has not got a future here; he would do better to move on to where his clear potential ability would be better utilised.

Referee is Samuel Barrett, again, doesnt ring a bell if we have had him.
Samuel Barrott - was a conference/ nat league ref last season, so far this season , his first in EFL, he has refereed 19 matches, issuing 48 yellow cards & 3 red - He hasn't refereed an OUFC game so far

Just seen a weather warning for snow on Saturday, hope the game goes ahead Ok.
So it'll be either snow or covid that will scupper the best chance to beat Fleetwood we have.

It'll get rearranged for a Thursday night and they'll win 1-0 in 98th minute

I watched most of the games last season.
Sykes produces flashes of real skill but rarely maintains that level. Much of the time he is tactically unreliable and has so far failed to connect effectively with his teammates in the formations KR has put out. That is why he has been dropped.
I saw him in a trophy game here shortly after he signed and he looked brilliant. It’s been a big disappointment that he has not fulfilled his obvious potential - for whatever reason. A few eye-catching twists and turns against big teams in important matches does not make him a good player. (As an aside, I did watch him play with flair, intelligence and skill away at Gillingham- but it was a rare exception)
KR clearly sees that he has not got a future here; he would do better to move on to where his clear potential ability would be better utilised.
It's a strange one isn't it? There were points when it was said he would turn out a better prospect than Whyte ...well I suppose he has stalled..but those flashes don't result in goals that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom