Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
So win this one and we will then have to hire more positive buses. It's probably going to be nerve-racking.

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin Brannagan
Sykes Henry Shodipo
Taylor

2-1: Taylor and Shodipo.

Well we won't get a better chance to beat them that's for sure, since Barton left they have struggled some what and don't look like the team that reached the play offs last year. Saying that we were lucky to come away with 3 points last night against Rochdale and will need to be more solid defensively. I would love the 3 points but I reckon this one will end in a 1-1 draw.

About time the U's pulled the plug on the pugwashes ....no better time to do it than this Saturday
Agree. We won't have a better chance.
Have they sold decent players in the window (Evans obviously went)
Madden and Burns are always dangers but their confidence will be low and if we play on the day we haveva really good chance.

I think we will have to play better as a whole than we have against either Brizzle or Rochdale. We won against Brizzle in third gear, and although last night was very entertaining, our right side of defence and the defensive midfield were all over the shop for long periods. While it is of course good to find a way to win when you aren't at your best, we have a few more challenging opponents coming up and we'll need to be at something nearer 100%.

As for Fleetwood - surely we have to beat them eventually and I think Saturday will be it.

Stevens
Gorrin Brannagan
Sykes Henry Shodipo
Taylor

2-1: Taylor and Shodipo.
It didn’t really work against Rochdale having two deeper sitting players, we seemed much better second half when Gorrin was left in the middle on his own as he likes, meant that the fullbacks could get higher up the pitch and we had more options in the middle further forward. Brannigan also seems better slightly deeper than in that lone AMC role. I think we should play:

Stevens
Gorrin
Henry Brannigan
Agyei Taylor Shodipo
With subs of Obita to come on for Shodipo when he tires, Kelly on for Brannigan and Forde or Sykes on for Agyei.

Posted this on last night's match thread, but it probably belongs here - two contrasting stats for this one:

On the one hand, since losing to the scum - we are 11 unbeaten in all competitions, with 7 wins in a row. Meanwhile since beating the scum in early December, Fleetwood are 8 games without a win in all competitions.

On the other - our historical record against Fleetwood is P12 W0 D2 L10 F6 A24. We've never kept a clean sheet against them. 😬

Win this weekend, then Karl Robinson will be manager of the month. First time since Ramon Diaz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom