Away Match Day Thread 25/10/2022 L1: Portsmouth v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robbos first game in charge was away at Pompey and we were thumped. What price his last is?
I wouldn't say we were 'thumped' in that game, I remember it being pretty close between the teams. It was the game where we missed a penalty and had one of our players sent off for retaliation when a Pompey player goaded them afterwards. They went on to score twice more against 10 men after that. Live on TV I think?

Sorry being negative this will be a defeat, thank for I got two red lines on my test this AM so now I won’t be going although I wish I didn’t have two red lines.

we don't lose and such Negativity is washed out to sea. Then the Outers can continue their "if we don't win the next game he's gone"

After all that's far better to have a negative Mindset approaching every game

I’m sorry, but since January KR has taken the optimism out of me.

Sorry being negative this will be a defeat, thank for I got two red lines on my test this AM so now I won’t be going although I wish I didn’t have two red lines.

Bah! Hope you're well Bazzer.

I would love us to win. Beating them is always a bit special at theirs.
Nothing against our players who I believe are doing what they can to rescue the situation, but it’s a tough place to get a result at any time.
I feel that we will lose this one.☹️

On the basis that clean sheets are somewhat lacking coupled with a lack off goals it is difficult to see a positive result, the best would be a draw

I wouldn't say we were 'thumped' in that game, I remember it being pretty close between the teams. It was the game where we missed a penalty and had one of our players sent off for retaliation when a Pompey player goaded them afterwards. They went on to score twice more against 10 men after that. Live on TV I think?

Yup. We were 1-0 down and won a penalty that if converted would have brought us level.

Mowatt missed, was goaded by scummer Thompson, reacted and was rightly sent off. Bret Pitman did the rest.

Can’t see us getting anything but desperately want to win

I really want to see a strong defensive performance and maybe snatch a win from a set piece but I think Pompey are too strong and we always concede so that means we have to score at least two to win and I can’t see us doing that

2-1 defeat but battle hard, KR will survive but it all hinges on Bolton

If we concede 3 or more and an abject display he goes tomorrow

I would love us to win. Beating them is always a bit special at theirs.
Nothing against our players who I believe are doing what they can to rescue the situation, but it’s a tough place to get a result at any time.
I feel that we will lose this one.☹️

What he/she said.
Would love us to beat them at their place but cannot see beyond a 2-0 loss. Not having Taylor available for 3 games is a huge loss. We don’t have anyone to replace him with baldock and Murphy still out.

I want KR to succeed, but I feel he’s really lost his edge this season and we are easy to beat now. Problem is…who do you bring in? Who is gonna want to come in, more importantly!?

The new PM is a Saints supporter .....wonder if he'll he be rooting for an Oxford away win this evening?

Oh for a manager who gives a balanced view of what he sees.

Not saying Crowley is the answer but he speaks very well as do a lot of managers in our league

Unfortunately KR has always had a machine gun approach to his interviews. I have always thought he needs some media training. He’s too emotional when he’s interviewed and talks rubbish - even when we win!

Who else thinks we got Anderson in for the old wing back system and now he hasn’t got a clue what to do with him

I think this is the one where we get a bit of an overdue hammering, a 3-0 or 4-0 and Robinson get's the chop afterwards. Struggling to see it any other way at this point.

I hate losing to Pompey too so this is going to be a tough watch this evening...

Perhaps a chance to go with a back 5 to try and grind out a draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom