Away Match Day Thread 25/10/2022 L1: Portsmouth v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever the result tonight Robbo will still be in charge. Maybe the tipping point if we are knocked out by Woking in the 1st round of the FA cup.

Anyway a sneeky 1-0 win to us Bodin the scorer
So by the Woking game that would be 12 points dropped

Eastwood.
Long, Moore, Findlay, Brown,
McGuane, Gorrin , Brannigan,
Joseph, O’Donkor, Browne.

'Always a difficult place to come'
'We missed Taylor, Gorrin didn't do his job as a number nine.'
'We still have injuries to many of our best players, some of whom are on a two week rolling injury schedule.'
'We were the best team by far - just look at the number of passes and the Xg stats'
'The ref was shocking'
'The players gave their all, except those that didn't. I am going to protect the players. It was their fault'
'We really care'

I think some negativity is justified after picking up only 22 points from the last 21 league games. Hardly a blip is it.
Ah yes but that's not what is happening from certain quarters,it's got personal. If you approach a game with a negative Mindset where you want the Manager removed and even in some cases are happy to see us lose how can that be justified?

Very few of the outers could bring themselves to acknowledge we blew Exeter away, preferring to talk about 2 late goals conceded, yet when we are banging at the Posh door we hear they had control of the game and sat back.

never in the best part of 60 years following Oxford have i seen fans wanting a defeat and virtual every thread taken over with the same rhetoric because the Owners haven't bowed to their opinion.

For as long as a player, manager etc are part of our club they deserve our support No?

if that is not the case at least don't wish for a defeat.

Not at all confident about this game.
Can see us conceding as we always seem to. 1-3 with a goal from Goodrham

Sorry being negative this will be a defeat, thank for I got two red lines on my test this AM so now I won’t be going although I wish I didn’t have two red lines.
Think that's bad, I caught either COVID or the flu from the Sutton game and have been bed bound since. Imagine having to watch that game and have that as my 'reward'. Hope you don't end up feeling too rough mate!

As for tonight, feels like we just need a hammering to put us out of our misery. Just strikes me he's lost the players now and as much as I've praised his entertaining football these last few seasons, I just don't see an obvious way back.

Apparently there won’t be on the fate tonight they’ve opened part of the Milton end to home supporters
We've been told many different things over the last 24 hours, but understand that can now call their ticket office (0345 646 1898) to reserve a ticket for collection.

So by the Woking game that would be 12 points dropped
Exactly, he should have gone after Sutton, then after Posh. It’s so frustrating that we are effectively hanging on before pulling the trigger, while points just get frittered away and the season just falls further apart around us!

Anyway here’s hoping for 3 huge points tonight, you never know I guess.

And get well soon Bazzer!

'Always a difficult place to come'
'We missed Taylor, Gorrin didn't do his job as a number nine.'
'We still have injuries to many of our best players, some of whom are on a two week rolling injury schedule.'
'We were the best team by far - just look at the number of passes and the Xg stats'
'The ref was shocking'
'The players gave their all, except those that didn't. I am going to protect the players. It was their fault'
'We really care'

You are KR and I claim my £10.00

Can't say that seeing our record there has particularly cheered me up.
Well if it helps, if we only consider games since we got back into the League, our record there is P9 W2 D4 L3, which is a bit better.

Think that's bad, I caught either COVID or the flu from the Sutton game and have been bed bound since. Imagine having to watch that game and have that as my 'reward'. Hope you don't end up feeling too rough mate!

As for tonight, feels like we just need a hammering to put us out of our misery. Just strikes me he's lost the players now and as much as I've praised his entertaining football these last few seasons, I just don't see an obvious way back.
Thanks mate

You are KR and I claim my £10.00
I most certainly am not. I have several square pegs in my garage just waiting for a square hole to appear, and have managed to resist the urge to fit them into any available round hole by hitting them very hard with a lump hammer.

And if that doesn't prove it I don't know what does!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom