Away Match Day Thread +++ 23/02/2019 Blackpool v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

That long ball up to Sinclair worked a treat and there number 16 TILT couldn't handle it. Made 5 or 6 mistakes because Sinclair stuck to him.

Do think we were robbed a certain goal from the referee being so inconsistent and giving Sinclair a yellow for basically the same scenario in which the equaliser against Sunderland came and there centre back threw himself to the floor.

March is make or break for us, every game is winnable and we need minimum of 3 wins from next month.
Tilt imo shouldve had a second yellow

I thought the ref was excellent. A proper old school ref where he let pretty much everything go.

Can someone get the message to KR that we don't care how we play as long as we win, the 4-1-4-1 (or something like that) formation and tactics worked well and we won away for the first time this season, although those exact tactics may not work at home surely something like yesterday's tactics could

Can someone get the message to KR that we don't care how we play as long as we win, the 4-1-4-1 (or something like that) formation and tactics worked well and we won away for the first time this season, although those exact tactics may not work at home surely something like yesterday's tactics could
We played it against Barnsley and Portsmouth aswell move away from it back to 433 against Peterborough and Accrington. Couldn't care about the performance at this point of the season.

Got to stick to it away from home. It was a great result considering it was not the side KR would have put out by choice. Mackie would have started and I reckon it would have been a huge mistake!
At home I believe in taking the game to the oppo. Doesn't mean you have to take Mous out, just move the ball through the midfield quicker than we mormally do. This is where I think Carruthers can play a part if needed.

In the week Blackpool’s manager mentioned we (Oxford) are very vulnerable from crosses, which I 100% agree with btw. Can anyone who was there yesterday tell me if we were still letting Blackpool get lots of crosses in and if so how did we deal with them? Was there any shaky moments? Radio Oxford said Blackpool had corner after corner second half.
We defended excellently as a team.
They have some tall players and with their substitutions they seemed to become more long ball.
They pumped more and more crosses I to the box. The fact that Eastwood made one good save and Dickie got back to clear off the line after a Long mistake shows how well we defended.

I'd give Kelleher a go next season no matter which league we're in. Statistically best centre back in league 2 with most tackles and headers won in the whole league.
Is there a website with these statistics? Would be interesting to see L1 equivalent

Invaluable 3 points but their match report suggested they were poor and we werent much better. Need to evaluate over 5 game blocks rather than queue up on Radox to say "nothing to worry about" and "everything is fine" as soon as we win. As knee jerk as declaring us relegated 15 games out when we dont win. KR spoke slower and seemed much more relaxed but take any 5 game blocks and we have under achieved. If it were 2 points win/1pt draw we would probably be OK and we have a good record of not losing (away), but a point a game no longer cuts it

He might also be top of the 'makes the most balls up ' list as well. Macclesfield are in the relegation zone arent they?

• React
Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom