Home Match Day Thread 18/4/2023 L1: OUFC v Portsmouth

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a very very good feeling about tonight, possibly the most positive I’ve felt all season before a game.
2-1 Oxford.

• React
Reactions: Ian
We are due a change of luck. Hopefully this will be the day when we finally secure three points even if, unlike Saturday, our performance doesn't merit it.

I'm starting to dread the final fixture with its echoes of 2006........

Really hoping we try and be a bit more positive, we don’t get out of this situation on draws alone

No pissing about in either box, in ours, get it out of danger, in theirs, shoot quicker, don't waste a chance by looking for a sideways pass, show some balls and risk the shot, don't be scared of missing, keep it down ffs, how many fly over the bar!!

Come on you U's

We having been playing better but still no results I would like to see Joseph on the left ,Goodram on the right and Smith in the middle. We all like Odonoker but he never looks like scoring. We have got to win this with nothing coming Saturday. Otherwise I fear the pressure will be to much for the last 3 games COYY.

REF WATCH

Nottinghamshire Police Officer Declan Bourne is tonight’s man in the middle for the U’s huge clash with Portsmouth.

West Bridgford based Bourne was promoted to the EFL in the summer of 2020 and officiated in United’s 4-0 home win over Northampton in December 2020.

This season he has taken charge of 25 games issuing 92 yellow cards and nine reds.

EugysRWXYAEey4v

Most likely a draw, 1-1.

No lack of effort, but a lack of belief and confidence.

Our most natural goal scorer shipped out to a rival in January.

This long slow death of a season continues.

I'm not confident about tonight I think we will lose we haven't got anyone who can score it's just depressing I can't wait until may for the season to end

Most crucial match of the season…

. Lose and we’re in deep trouble with lack of points but, more importantly, confidence will be shattered. Three points from five games under a new manager is soul-destroying. We will be relegated.

Win, and suddenly, with games against three of the weaker sides to come, the self-belief will return. We will survive. Possibly on goal difference.

Can’t emphasise how important this is.

ConneXions

Played for Portsmouth and managed the U’s - David Kemp.
Played for the U’s and manages Portsmouth - John Mousinho.

FY-8phnX0AEP1bG

Managed both the U’s and Portsmouth - Jim Smith, Graham Rix and Michael Appleton.

Played for both includes Simon Eastwood, Steve Seddon, Mick Tait, Steve Foster, John Milkins, John Durnin, Jimmy Carter, Ryan Williams, Mal Shotton,
Chris Maguire, Dave Kitson, Matt Robinson, Chris Tardif, Lee Bradbury, Ryan Taylor and many, many more.

BzdbqYAIQAAonXO

Last edited:
This could be the shock win that gives us false hope of avoiding the drop. We'll probably just lose.

ConneXions

Played for Portsmouth and managed the U’s - David Kemp.
Played for the U’s and manages Portsmouth - John Mousinho.

FY-8phnX0AEP1bG

Managed both the U’s and Portsmouth - Jim Smith, Graham Rix and Michael Appleton.

Played both includes Simon Eastwood, Steve Seddon, Mick Tait, Steve Foster, John Milkins, John Durnin, Jimmy Carter, Ryan Williams, Mal Shotton,
Chris Maguire, Dave Kitson, Matt Robinson, Chris Tardif, Lee Bradbury, Ryan Taylor and many, many more.

BzdbqYAIQAAonXO
Ah. David Kemp. The worst manager we have ever had. Made KR look like Guardiola. And I know he had very little money, but he built the worst 'team' I have ever seen in 45+ years.

Back
Top Bottom