Away Match Day Thread +++ 13/02/18 ROTHERHAM V OUFC MATCH DAY THREAD +++

Faz has caught the Pep post match syndrome now the temp manager bounce from Charlton is over - Charlton was another blip I'm afraid

Well that’s a hard one as we’ve all been crying out for more of these youngsters all season. Could always bring back tiendalli. Still don’t think we have a problem with what we have, it’s just how we are using them.

Just Ricardinho would do, but need width and pace as outlets.

3 at the back depends on the wing backs to succeed. 5 in midfield with 3 CMs may ultimately work on denying the opposition space they've had recently. Even a player like Ricardinho may help in the middle adding some nous there.

Faz has caught the Pep post match syndrome now the temp manager bounce from Charlton is over - Charlton was another blip I'm afraid
He sounds knackered and fed up. Does he really want all this stress at his age..?

Hopefully Robbie will be able to play a part on saturday. Team feels inexperienced. would rather have gvk coming on at least he actually scored a goal!

3 at the back depends on the wing backs to succeed. 5 in midfield with 3 CMs may ultimately work on denying the opposition space they've had recently. Even a player like Ricardinho may help in the middle adding some nous there.

Maybe this team when everyone fit?

Eastwood
Martin Mous Dickie
Napa/Henry Ledson Ruffles Ricky
IBR Thomas Hall

Hopefully Robbie will be able to play a part on saturday. Team feels inexperienced. would rather have gvk coming on at least he actually scored a goal!
Yes where is Gino? Injured again? He can be effective when he gets stuck in

Forget it - we need to stop the opposition in midfield - forget strikers - 14 goalless draws will keep us up....:D Or do a Klopp and try and outscore the opponents - worst defensive record almost but one of the best goal scoring records!!
we actually have the 10th best goal scoring record which out of 24 teams meaning were in the top half of the goal scoring chart for L1 then I suppose that means we one of the best goal scoring records but there are 9 better.

Ratings:
  • 1 Eastwood (6) - Could have probably done more with the first goal, but otherwise - a decent performance, with a stunning save first half.
  • 19 Kane (6) - Pretty solid, and Rotherham avoided our right side with their attacking.
  • 16 Dickie (6) - The better of the two CBs. Decent debut (in the circumstances), and his passing looked good.
  • 30 Mousinho (4) - I honestly believe that Mousinho has far too much to do in games (due to the lack of support ahead of him), which means he's eventually going to make a couple of mistakes. Today, he should have conceded a penalty, which would have also seen him given red card. He also nearly created a 1 on 1 for Rotherham with a needless wayward pass, and should have been tighter with their striker for the 3rd goal. Having said that, he also made 3-4 key challenges and interceptions, which shows how 'busy' our defenders are at the moment.
  • 29 Smith-Brown (4) - He had a better second half, but in my eyes, he was largely at fault for the first goal - and also had a part to play in Rotherham's 3rd.
  • 18 Rothwell (6) - Carried the ball well at times, and is one of our only players to seem to 'have a go', but tends to go missing in games. Substituted for Riccy who didn't have enough time to make an impression.
  • 14 Ruffels (4) - He was outmuscled, and outpaced around the centre of the park - and really didn't seem to be offering anything on the ball.
  • 32 Buckley-Ricketts (4) - I thought he was poor. Gave the ball away numerous times, and really struggled to beat his man on the RW. Should have done better with a 1 on 1 in the first half. Substituted for Napa (6) who seemed to show far more promise in the short space of time he had. Tidy play and tight control on the RW, but should have gambled with a few more first time crosses, and could have been more decisive.
  • 8 Ledson (6) - Nothing much to note, but played ok.
  • 17 Henry (7) - Great goal, and was our most positive player on the pitch. As he's not the quickest, I wonder if he could play a number 10 role?...
  • 9 Thomas (4) - Substituted for Mehmeti (4) - Our strikers are so average, it's unreal. They don't hold it up. They aren't scrappers, who really put in a shift. They don't take people on (as they lack pace). They aren't commanding in the air. This is my main concern heading into the latter stages of the season.

Pep clotet really was a complete useless t**t
What a mess we are in.
Eales redeem yourself !!

We need the new manager in to inspire them to get after the opponent from the start. The only time we’ve really gone after a team early doors was ironically enough against Plymouth away.
If Faz is there Saturday he needs to give them the freedom to get stuck in and get bodies forward.
Let’s leave a bit on the Plymouth players to let them know they can’t come in our back yard and have an easy time of it! COYY

Anyway, not that far off 1st March when Darryl will be able to answer so questions!

Maybe this team when everyone fit?

Eastwood
Martin Mous Dickie
Napa/Henry Ledson Ruffles Ricky
IBR Thomas Hall
Need someone else in the middle for me. Ruffels is having an absolute mare at the moment, sadly.

Yes where is Gino? Injured again? He can be effective when he gets stuck in
You must be joking. Smacks of desperation. Don't fall into the Mourinho trap in his last spell at Chelsea. We have the players they just need to be played to their strengths. Defending isn't one so go for the throat.

Back
Top Bottom