Home Match Day Thread +++ 14/4/2018 OUFC v Southend Match Day Thread +++

When Nelson come on I thought Moushino would go off.

Does Robinson not like 3 at the back?

Thinking about it more, I'm liking the idea of Mousinho at the base of the diamond. It'll give Dickie/Nelson more freedom to run with the ball and join attacks.

First thing that Mous did when Nels came on was to rush over and make sure he gave him the armband. Class act.

Also wanted to say that first corner we had with Nels on the pitch we actually looked far more of a threat. How many points has missing him cost? We'd be nowhere near being worried about 50 points if he hadn't been injured, but he might have gone in January too!

I don’t like Mousinho in that role. He’s nowhere near quick enough. Part of that role is to quickly close down space. Playing the ball out maybe but out of possession he’s not dynamic enough. Next season he should be a squad player at best.

Eastwood collected so many daisy cutters today. One save from point blank range second half was a turning point. That would have made it 2-1 and hearts in mouth. Truly immense performance from him. No enjoyment for me today. Dry mouth, raised blood pressure, heart racing...and I feel those around me felt the same. This football club means so much to so many people.

First thing that Mous did when Nels came on was to rush over and make sure he gave him the armband. Class act.

Also wanted to say that first corner we had with Nels on the pitch we actually looked far more of a threat. How many points has missing him cost? We'd be nowhere near being worried about 50 points if he hadn't been injured, but he might have gone in January too!
Was just about to mention Mousinho. Was Really professional that and felt like it wasn't necessary for a few of our fans to boo him at the start.

Since Robinson came in he's upped his game and has looked more assured, just needs to iron out a few silly backpasses and not try to travel so far with the ball.

As for Nelson,he did one thing Mousinho and Dickie doesn't when he came on, instead of running towards the ball he used initiative and found space for him to attack the ball.

If we can get him back fully for Rochdale that would be huge.

Last edited:
I don’t like Mousinho in that role. He’s nowhere near quick enough. Part of that role is to quickly close down space. Playing the ball out maybe but out of possession he’s not dynamic enough. Next season he should be a squad player at best.
It's his natural position and would allow more freedom to Brannagan and Ledson to push forward.What he lacks in speed he gives back in experience which i feel our midfield has lacked at times with Ruffels being our oldest CM.

It's his natural position and would allow more freedom to Brannagan and Ledson to push forward.What he lacks in speed he gives back in experience which i feel our midfield has lacked at times with Ruffels being our oldest CM.
I hope that he’s deployed there against Wigan or Blackburn and we can see how effective he is cos if we want promotion next year they are the type of games we need points from. Mous is experienced but you definitely need speed when you play in that position. The best player in the country is Kante in that position. We need a L1 version of him capable of harrying and rushing the opposition into losing the ball so we can play quickly into midfield.

So, was the first non goal over the line or not?Not sure on several viewings. Thoughts?
Difficult to see from that angle.

Over on the Southend forum they are saying the second goal had an easy offside decision... But looking at the replay it looks as if Obika timed his run perfectly (if that's what they are on about).

Mind you, someone on their forum said their supporters were great today... I thought they were abysmal and gave no backing to their team. I heard them once for about 20 seconds in each half and it looked like a morque in their area.

Over on the Southend forum they are saying the second goal had an easy offside decision... But looking at the replay it looks as if Obika timed his run perfectly (if that's what they are on about).

Mind you, someone on their forum said their supporters were great today... I thought they were abysmal and gave no backing to their team. I heard them once for about 20 seconds in each half and it looked like a morque in their area.
All i heard is there bloody Snare drum. At least our drum isn't over the top and over powers voices like there's.

As for Obika definitely onside perfectly timed run, and well held up as well to allow Ricardinho to run in.

I thought Lego's booking today was beyond harsh. Their 42 wanted nothing to do with physical contact all game and their players hysteria got Lego booked for getting their first. Then the Ref let their player off for a worse foul with a long talking to. Cox was a dirty little git.

I do laugh at the fans who absolutely hate Mousinho. Far too rabid in their disgust, especially considering the real skidmarks we've had play in the team in the past 15 years. Short memories and overactive opinions.

Good to hear that Hall could play as needs be.

I thought Lego's booking today was beyond harsh. Their 42 wanted nothing to do with physical contact all game and their players hysteria got Lego booked for getting their first. Then the Ref let their player off for a worse foul with a long talking to. Cox was a dirty little git.

I do laugh at the fans who absolutely hate Mousinho. Far too rabid in their disgust, especially considering the real skidmarks we've had play in the team in the past 15 years. Short memories and overactive opinions.

Good to hear that Hall could play as needs be.

??????? re Hall? Who said this?

They’re fans were nothing special. We were sat near to the segregation and as said above all we could hear was that fecking drum, annoying prick!

I'm thinking more of the Makélélé role for him. Hopefully we see it in practice just to see, agree with you about next season.

Back
Top Bottom