Away Match Day Thread +++ 13/02/18 ROTHERHAM V OUFC MATCH DAY THREAD +++

Midfield is stale.

Is like a sieve, no help for the defence.

Time to ditch attempting pretty passing football. Smash the balls in the channels, find someone in the team who will chase into the corners winning throw ins and corners and go from there.

Time to lock down the defence

I heard Pekalski might manage the last couple of games of this season, he’s running but nowhere near the first team.

I heard Pekalski might manage the last couple of games of this season, he’s running but nowhere near the first team.
Have we ever signed a player before who has left without actually playing a game?

Still got Brannagan and, hopefully, Pekalski to come in
Yup. Teams just know they can batter us in midfield and at the moment, we just have no answer to that. I fear we are at the stage where we have to do something different to take a player like Ruffels out of the firing line.

My team for Plymouth
Eastwood

Kane Mous Dickie ASB - but full backs told to get forward and overlap with wingers, close down any opponent that gas the ball in your vicinity. Mous and Dickie told to sit high and smash the ball to the flanks - no fancy dan stuff

IBR Ledson Ruffels Riccy - work the channels with the full backs and cross the ball into the box so Wes, who is a poacher, is actually facing bloody goal.

Henry slightly off Thomas -Stay central and wait for the service. Henry to pick up stray crosses and either shoot , return to flanks or feed Wes

Just got home and checked the score, disappointing result but not unexpected. Surprised we scored to be honest. How was Dickie on debut?

Why have our wins recently all been at the start of the month? We've won the first game in the league every month excluding September with a draw to MK and November a loss to Northampton. Why does it seem that we can carve a result out at the start of a month and then it goes down hill from there?

Why have our wins recently all been at the start of the month? We've won the first game in the league every month excluding September with a draw to MK and November a loss to Northampton. Why does it seem that we can carve a result out at the start of a month and then it goes down hill from there?
Payday - temporarily think this job ain't too bad whilst buying a pint!

My team for Plymouth
Eastwood

Kane Mous Dickie ASB - but full backs told to get forward and overlap with wingers, close down any opponent that gas the ball in your vicinity. Mous and Dickie told to sit high and smash the ball to the flanks - no fancy dan stuff

IBR Ledson Ruffels Riccy - work the channels with the full backs and cross the ball into the box so Wes, who is a poacher, is actually facing bloody goal.

Henry slightly off Thomas -Stay central and wait for the service. Henry to pick up stray crosses and either shoot , return to flanks or feed Wes
If fit then surely go for Obika who can hold the ball up and cause Plymouth Centre halves issues. We have to 3 in midfield as that's what Plymouth play and we'd get out run again.

Eastwood
Kane Dickie Mousinho ASB
Rothwell Ledson Ruffels
Henry
IBR Obika

Henry as a 10 behind Obika and Ibr.
That's what i would do but we know Faz will stick to a 2 man mid and we'll get overrun again.

Ruffels needs to be dropped surely. When was the last time I he had a decent game? Not really sure what his game is, he doesn’t break up the play or get assists. Granted he had a purple patch at the start of the season when h scored a few but he has been poor since then.
So easy for teams to get at our back four with him and Ledson in there.

Whoever it is can we just get a bloody move on, it’s becoming a joke. I’m getting fed up of being called manager less Oxford on telly.

Ruffels needs to be dropped surely. When was the last time I he had a decent game? Not really sure what his game is, he doesn’t break up the play or get assists. Granted he had a purple patch at the start of the season when h scored a few but he has been poor since then.
So easy for teams to get at our back four with him and Ledson in there.
You could say that about most of the team. They're bereft of confidence and nobody seems to want the ball. They're hiding so who is Ruffels meant to pass to?

Back
Top Bottom