Away Match Day Thread +++ 13/01/2018 Walsall v OUFC match day thread +++

Oh God - we ALL want our team to be successful but someone HAS to do the post-match interview instead of Clotet - I reckon his comments today of being ..."happy with the way the team played" has probably taken 1K off the gate next Saturday. His poor command of English & usual comments drive me & thousands of others mad! I mean it was his substitutions that took the momentum out of the second half & GVK (one of his favourites) is, well, just not good enough. I am pretty sure it's DE who is driving things in the recruitment market & Pep does not even seem to know if certain players are being tapped? It's all very well to say ..'onwards & upwards' but that is papering over the (very) big cracks. Bury on Saturday? - they haven't won for ages - what's the betting dear old Mags comes & sticks a 30 yard screamer past us to put us in our place - which is mid-table.

Yes there were incidents at both ends today that affected the result (Henry's tame effort from close range in the 1st half, the Walsall keeper's 2 outstanding saves etc) but it's our lack of an effective midfield that is the worry.
Mowatt, Ruffels and Payne just didn't win enough possession, and when they had it there was little consistent creativity.
Apart from Tiendalli, the defence looked ok, and Thomas and Obika looked ok too. Henry had a good second half.
It's a saving grace that the standard in League One this season ain't that good...I really can't see how today could be described as a good performance. It was average at best, and the cold hard fact is that Walsall beat us, even though they looked below average.
did you go to the game ?

It seems one chap is very happy with himself for getting into a verbal spat with Mousinho. I just sigh when I see people think and act like that. I'm sure he think he's the mutts nuts, but he's a dick as far as I am concerned.

What happened there? I was too far away to hear what was being said

Yep, I edited it because I'd made a simple mistake.
There's an interesting range of interpretations of today's game on here, and I stand by mine (especially the bit about the level of play in League 1 being pretty poor this season) but isn't that partly what forums are for? No need for the chippy stuff.

Yep, I edited it because I'd made a simple mistake.
There's an interesting range of interpretations of today's game on here, and I stand by mine (especially the bit about the level of play in League 1 being pretty poor this season) but isn't that partly what forums are for? No need for the chippy stuff.
lol

Oh dear, somebody who has nothing better to do in their life then try to correct somebody else's grammatical mistakes. You must live an exhilarating life my friend. Must be that lonely on a Saturday night and have nothing better to do... ?
Well call me mister pedrantic if you will, but "there" vs "their" is a question of syntax, not grammar. We really should maintain standards around hear you no.

Thoughts on the game today:
Should’ve taken the lead through Henry with the great chance in the first half, became nervous after that point that we’d been so dominant yet not leading.
Shocking defending for the first goal (even if it wasn’t a foul for their free kick).
Three mistakes for their second goal (2 from Mousinho, 1 from Eastwood), yet watching the highlights it was a definite handball from that skilful dwarf.
Ref’s incompetence (without going into the lack of fitness) can be summed up from the free kick we scored from: awarded and sprayed a couple of inches outside the D yet drew the spray line a whole 2 yards in front of the penalty spot. What does he think the D is there for, if not to mark 10 yards from the penalty spot?
Should’ve won the game on the balance of play and the chances created, but a combination of misses from Henry, Obika and Mehmeti, combined with a great save from their keeper from Thomas, and some suicide defending, must obviously mean that GVK is to blame for the result, as he came on for a whole ten minutes and whilst taking a torrent of abuse failed to influence the game. Good day aside from the result and reminder that we have some idiots in our fan base.

What happened there? I was too far away to hear what was being said
Not sure. Rad Ox mentioned that there were some verbals after the final whistle and saw a tweet saying this chap got into it with Mous at the final whistle.

Grammar is the general term referring to the set of rules in a given language including syntax
Subtle point well maid. I probably ought to have meant spelling rather than syntax . what I wanted to say was that substituting ir for re makes no difference to the op's comment.

Subtle point well maid. I probably ought to have meant spelling rather than syntax . what I wanted to say was that substituting ir for re makes no difference to the op's comment.

Everyone makes the occasional typing mistake, but some have poor grasp of the English language and don't seem to want to improve their English language skills. Some need to work on their English skills like GVK needs to work on his ball control.

Not sure. Rad Ox mentioned that there were some verbals after the final whistle and saw a tweet saying this chap got into it with Mous at the final whistle.

Mousinho made a point of going to one chap ( his photo was posted somewhere) and was in a debate which involved a bit if given get wagging. Then a 2nd bloke called him over and seemed to be hurling an incoherent muddle if words at him.

Mousinho seemed to handle it well although why people want to pick on an individual quite like that beggars belief. I guess it's a bit if anger, a bit of frustration, a bit if beer and mainly trying to prove to everyone be how clever they are

Back
Top Bottom