Away Match Day Thread +++ 13/01/2018 Walsall v OUFC match day thread +++

this seasons Oxford United has not one, but two, Achilles heels

Defending set pieces in, around and near our penalty area

Shots from range

With 3 new players in, (so far) hopefully both can be adressed

Controversial opinion here. Eastwood should've dealt with the second goal better. He hesitated in coming out which meant that he couldn't get back on his line quick enough he started coming to collect but then backed off.

It's still inexcusable the way Mousinho dealt with a player he has over a foot on when it's a bouncing ball. He let's the man cut across him and get to the ball. Too be fair to Mousinho he shouldn't have been the only defender there to deal with that. Aaron Martin needs to be closer to Mousinho and Sprint back to me it looks like he's jogging.

Far to often a ball over the top has caused us to concede this season.

Yes i agree, i don't think either Mousinho or Eastwood covered themselves in glory for the second goal. Eastwood was a bit indecisive and then mistimed the ball. Watching it back you would think both of them will shoulder some of the blame for that one. Its a shame because for 98% of the game yesterday we had the beating of them. Two crazy moments cost us.

Yes i agree, i don't think either Mousinho or Eastwood covered themselves in glory for the second goal. Eastwood was a bit indecisive and then mistimed the ball. Watching it back you would think both of them will shoulder some of the blame for that one. Its a shame because for 98% of the game yesterday we had the beating of them. Two crazy moments cost us.

The trouble is, those crazy moments are pretty regular this season.

Brighton fans are the new plastics, thinking the world owes them one.
They never once filled the Withdean up to 8000 capacity, yet the following season they end up with around 20,000 season tickets at the Amex.
They genuinely believe they are a cut above Palace fans because of their ground. Hate them more than Swindon.

Just think about what you’ve just said. You need to take a serious look at yourself.

Brighton fans are the new plastics, thinking the world owes them one.
They never once filled the Withdean up to 8000 capacity, yet the following season they end up with around 20,000 season tickets at the Amex.
The typical response I've always got is that, "I said I would never go to the Withdean until we have a proper stadium to play in."

They run the club in the same way. Take the recent Palace game. Around 120 Palace fans with tickets arrived late, understandable as the Amex is more remote than the kasstad.
There was trouble inside the ground with flares, and Palace fans all over the place. The club refuse to let the late comers in, and keep them standing outside for the whole of the first half, before putting them back on a train to London, even those with genuine tickets.
Some did get in though, storming the south gates, passed stewards.
They genuinely believe they are a cut above Palace fans because of their ground. Hate them more than Swindon.

Sorry, hate them but not more than Scumdon !

The “Fat Bastard” referee did us no favours at all yesterday and cost us at least a point. He epitomised what Darren Ferguson referred to so bluntly yesterday. He simply couldn’t keep up with play and consistently favoured Walsall.

On the whole I thought we played well and on another day would have won comfortably. Sometimes that’s just the way it is. Sure, I was gutted to walk away with nothing too, but, as has been said, some of our fans do seem to have very high expectations.

My main disappointment was that neither of the new signings even made the bench. Has any reason been offered for this?

The “Fat Bastard” referee did us no favours at all yesterday and cost us at least a point. He epitomised what Darren Ferguson referred to so bluntly yesterday. He simply couldn’t keep up with play and consistently favoured Walsall.

On the whole I thought we played well and on another day would have won comfortably. Sometimes that’s just the way it is. Sure, I was gutted to walk away with nothing too, but, as has been said, some of our fans do seem to have very high expectations.

My main disappointment was that neither of the new signings even made the bench. Has any reason been offered for this?

I suspect it is that he wants them to understand how we play and wants them to train more than a day with the squad. I expect them to be involved next week.

It’s an unfortunate trait of modern football that some people think it’s alright to verbally abuse there own players with some of it being quite vicious. We all have our favourites and others that we are not so keen on but surely if they are wearing the shirt they deserve our support. That’s always been my view anyway.
It's the hypocrisy which annoys me. These idiots believe they are entitled to abuse the players if it pleases them, but believe the players must always show the fans respect.

They are also the first to scream blue murder if a player decides he wants to move on.

Totally agree with most of that.

Why do so me supporters almost seem to hate the club/ players? Bizzare.

I do wonder sometimes, some fans feel It's fine to shout proper verbal abuse at our players, yes our players, I know it's gone for years and I understand if we're not doing well give the players a kick up the a**e with some home truths, but yesterday some of things I heard was quite frankly embarrassing. there are some wankers out there

Brighton? Nice little lower division side, we’ll be playing them in a year or two. Who cares how posh their ground is?

Back
Top Bottom