Away Match Day Thread +++ 10/03/18 AFC Wimbledon v OUFC +++

Can we drop Mousinho and bring Martin alongside Dickie? Surely we couldn’t do any worse and what’s happened to Williamson he had decent reviews at the beginning of the season

Well it would leave Tiger’s grand plans f*****g well dead in the water before it’s even begun regardless. How on earth can you make us an attractive prospect to other investors and en route to being a Championship club when you’re in League 2.

Charlie is a lot of hot air at times on this forum but he’s got one word bang on on here - complacency. There are too many self-interested parties at this club at the minute looking out for their own skin at the expense of the bigger picture - from players who know they’ll get a better deal elsewhere or a return to a parent club, to directors doing this job for a jolly, to Eales and to Tiger who seems to run to his own schedule (when the trains aren’t messing it up).

Utter, utter shambles. I’m agog at how quickly everything has unravelled since MApp left. He may not have taken any players to Leicester but did take every bit of professionalism with him.
Quality. We are so much in the s**t now it's hard to take. Relegation is now a probability.

I'm currently cooking a Mallorquin paella, and it smells bloody good. That and the half bottle of Soave Classico that I've drunk is all that's keeping me from reverting to Eric Readesque ranting at some of the depressive, defeatist, bottlejob, political correct, "fans" we've got.

It's s**t, we're s**t, but it's not over yet, and I'm fucked if I'm throwing in the towel while there's eleven games to go. Get a f*****g grip some of you.

s**t season will probably end with us scraping home by about three or four points. There's worse things happening in the world today.

I'm currently cooking a Mallorquin paella, and it smells bloody good. That and the half bottle of Soave Classico that I've drunk is all that's keeping me from reverting to Eric Readesque ranting at some of the depressive, defeatist, bottlejob, political correct, "fans" we've got.

It's s**t, we're s**t, but it's not over yet, and I'm fucked if I'm throwing in the towel while there's eleven games to go. Get a f*****g grip some of you.

s**t season will probably end with us scraping home by about three or four points. There's worse things happening in the world today.

I hope nope I prey you’re correct Colin

Well that really was not what we needed. Up until now, I’ve been in the ‘I think we’ll just about get the requisite points total to stay up’ camp, but now I’m really not sure. If we’re losing to teams like Wimbledon (must be the worst team we’ve played all season?!), where are the points going to come from?

Can someone explain to me what our tactics were today? Were we going for the win or content to take home a draw? Why was Ledson played ahead of Brannagan. Why was Henry dropped having probably been our best performer in the last month or so?

I honestly don’t blame the players too much. I genuinely think every single one of the 11 that started the game gave their all (although some of their ‘all’ equates to more than others I’ll admit). We seem to have no idea what we’re actuslly trying to achieve out on the pitch. We don’t ask any where near enough questions of oppositi defences, and flip-flop between dicking around with it in or around the centre circle or lumping it to Obika who barely had a yellow shirt with 25 yards of him st any point during the match.

I also don’t blame the coaching staff. They’re coaches, not managers. Faz has been in the game long enough to know whether or not he wants to be a no.1, and he’s not tried his luck before. And Allen is a promising young coach, but he’s still learning his trade and can’t be relied on to lead the team out of this dogfight.

For me, the blame lies with our former and present owners. Eales should not have sacked Clotet given the uncertainty around the ownership and the lack of s replacement lined up to step in. Don’t get me wrong, he was far from perfect, but we would not be in the position we are now had he been overseeing the last 8 matches, that I’m certain of. And Tiger should have been more involved in the manager search from the start if he knew he was actually going to complete the deal. What lunatic takes over a football club that’s been without a manager for 6 weeks and decides to re-start the recruitment process? It’s an absolute joke.

Oh and regarding the Kane comment. Get over it people. It was a f*****g ridiculous decision that (whether or not we deserved anything out of the match) completely changed the game and ultimately cost us what could prove to be a pivotal point. My fear when we sign players on loan from PL clubs is that they don’t care about the fate of our club, they’re just looking for a bit of first team football, well at least we know we can’t accuse Kane of that. It was a stupid comment, he probably regrets it, he almost certainly didn’t mean it, but he was frustrated and he said the wrong thing in the heat of the moment. Get over it.

PC makes a valid point.
I think we are at the point where whoever is in the kitchen right now is gonna have to cook the paella... and wash up after.
I am not averse to getting a top line sous chef in to perk the ingredients, but What we don’t want is some foul-mouthed pot stirrer upsetting the current staff. Despite the fact that their soufflé has gone flat.

Ardley made 2 subs that won the game for them. Faz made 2 subs that lost the game for us.

There were some decent individual performances . Dickie, Kane and Brannigan all ok. As was Obika - certainly compared to the disastrous replacements .

I am not going to slate the players too much - we deserved a point.

What I am going to slate is the club. Leaderless, rudderless, total inertia.

No one has a clue what is going on.

We spend good money to follow our team round the country and we are being treated for mugs.

To have no new manager for six/seven weeks is verging on the criminal - whatever the ownership issues.
Quality. We are so much in the s**t now it's hard to take. Relegation is now a probability.

No it’s not. Our squad is good enough to stay up.

The players do have the quality to stay up, he might the captain but whoever is in charge needs to have the balls to drop him. He is lacking total confidence, people saying Hemmings and Raglan are the answer are wrong, the team needs to change it's philosophy and fight for a win. At the moment it's total shite order.

I think a new manager coming in now will bring little change to the team, unless they know them (and I'm not talking Faz)

Just seen highlights. Eastwood cost us more points hate to say it but he had no need to rush out for the ball leaving the whole goal open. Admittedly the defense should have done better but Simon left the goal wide open.

Thomas looks to be lacking confidence his chance today he would have buried in November.

Obika looked a passenger and didn't want to get stuck in.

Penalty very harsh, Kane slipped over and then the striker literally runs into his feet when he's on the ground.

One positive is the midfield didn't look as vulnerable.

Just seen highlights. Eastwood cost us more points hate to say it but he had no need to rush out for the ball leaving the whole goal open. Admittedly the defense should have done better but Simon left the goal wide open.

Thomas looks to be lacking confidence his chance today he would have buried in November.

Obika looked a passenger and didn't want to get stuck in.

Penalty very harsh, Kane slipped over and then the striker literally runs into his feet when he's on the ground.

One positive is the midfield didn't look as vulnerable.
You can't blame Thomas lacking confidence when that excuse for a manager prefers that carthorse Obika over him - ultimate insult

Can anyone expand on Mous's antics after FT? Something about gesturing to fans

Back
Top Bottom