Away Match Day Thread +++ 10/03/18 AFC Wimbledon v OUFC +++

Watched on ifollow, agree with pretty much all of that.

Despite all the negativity and our own poor performance i still think we dominated the majority of the game and were a better team than AFCW. Stats from BBC also agree. Dons had 3 shots on target and scored 2, one of which was (not) a penalty. Nothing going our way at the moment.

Need to see some character. The likes of Ricky, Dickie, Brannagan, Kane and Ledson, Mousinho (despite his form). They are the ones that are going to save us.

If you think that we 'dominated' that game then you are still buying into the Darryl era bullshit. It was an almost totally even game between two dreadful sides. Their 'shots on target" stat would not include 2 good chances that they put just wide. Whereas ours would include powder puff efforts from 25 yards that rolled through to their keeper.
We really MUST stop deluding ourselves that we are better when we are not. 30 points in 29 games now.
Wake up, roll up sleeves time, not a 9th round of Koolade.

If you think that we 'dominated' that game then you are still buying into the Darryl era bullshit. It was an almost totally even game between two dreadful sides. Their 'shots on target" stat would not include 2 good chances that they put just wide. Whereas ours would include powder puff efforts from 25 yards that rolled through to their keeper.
We really MUST stop deluding ourselves that we are better when we are not. 30 points in 29 games now.
Give up with your anti anyone running the club that isn’t your mate it’s getting really boring

Nowhere did i imply that we are a good team or that we/i think we are better than what we are. I merely stated that overall, imo, yesterday, we were a better team than Wimbledon and ill stand by that. In the first half we dictated the play and we did dominate possession prior to their goal (32mins, thats a 3rd of the match) and that the BBC stats reflected that view overall, showing that, during 90 mins, we had more possession, chances on and off target and also had 4 corners to their none.

Nowhere did i imply that we are a good team or that we/i think we are better than what we are. I merely stated that overall, imo, yesterday, we were a better team than Wimbledon and ill stand by that. In the first half we dictated the play and we did dominate possession prior to their goal (32mins, thats a 3rd of the match) and that the BBC stats reflected that view overall, showing that, during 90 mins, we had more possession, chances on and off target and also had 4 corners to their none.

Don’t get me started on our f*****g corners

Don’t get me started on our f*****g corners
What was we said to each other yesterday, short, long, in-swinging, out-swinging - all crap! [emoji57]

I don’t particularly like short corners anyway. The way we take them, we might as well just f*****g let them take it, at least we would be prepared to deal with it coming out

Last edited by a moderator:
Corners of any type need players in the box to get on the end of it. We don't have anybody like that.

2 horrendous goals to concede. Never a penalty and when you're lucks in (AFC) for the second...Sickner.

Last edited:
Just watched the second goal from clip above, shocking defending, they all went towards the ball, like a bunch of 5 year olds, which left their players completely unmarked, Eastwood ran out into no mans land, but a defender should have done that leaving Easty on his line, Riccy needs to be put back to left back.

Total and utter frustration from everyone posting on this thread. With very good reason. Nothing from the toothless tiger, inane platitudes from the caretaker manager and continual substandard performances from the players perporting to represent our football club. Would it not be better to shut down this particular thread and put our time to better use. At the moment we are just going round in circles. There is just nothing positive going on, and for that reason "I am out".

Ricardinho and IBR are simply not good enough to be playing where they do. I thought Ricardinho might be better a bit further forward but he didn't get into the game at all.

To play that system your wide players have to contribute goals and generally be an attacking threat (a la O'Dowda and Roofe or Maguire). And one of the midfield 3 has to be able to control the game.

Ruffels anonymous.

Positives: Ledson and Dickie. Both 'all action'. Hopefully Brannigan can bring the passing ability (and bit of class) we need to open teams up.

I'll chop my own cock off if I ever seen Gino Van Kessel again. In the Oxford team or not.

Also the LB shits himself every time the ball goes near him.

Back
Top Bottom