Away Match Day Thread 08/05/2024: L1 Play-Off SF 2nd Leg - Peterborough vs OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
Hope we win of course, but their outright arrogance about thinking they'll roll us over makes you want it even more

Last edited:
Still on such a high after that. The second half seemed to last about 2 hours but huge credit to the team for the way they defended so gallantly. Some of the last ditch defending was absolutely incredible: Moore's diving header block in the first half, Sam Long's goal line clearance, Cumming's save, Brown making headed clearances just as they were about to shoot. MOTM for me was Joe Bennett - he had Poku's number and added a bit of coolness to our play. What a signing he has been!

It's quite funny reading the Peterborough fans comments as we have been in their shoes so many times before (how many times have we bemoaned Ainsworth and Evans teams over the years?). I don't like the 'anti-football' stuff, and I would hate if we played like that every week, but at times you've got to be able to do it. Every successful team does it occasionally, and their fans are deluded to think that if the roles were reversed that they would still be playing expansive football and taking quick goal kicks. We already proved we could out-football them with the 5-0, and we've now proven that we can beat them in a high-pressure playoff match playing a more pragmatic style.

The celebrations at the end of the match were so great to be a part of. The sheer jubilation after almost 90 minutes of nail-biting. As we said in the car on the way home, there's nothing quite like football!

And so on to Wembley. To use a very tired cliché, it's a one off match where anything can happen. 'Favourites' only matter to the bookies in playoff finals. We have earned the right to be there and are more than capable of beating a a good (albeit not invincible, as demonstrated on Tuesday) Bolton side.

I'm excited already! COYY

EDIT - perhaps if Peterborough had employed some game-management during last season's playoffs they might not have squandered a 4 goal lead!

Last edited:
BBC have truncated Wasn't At The Game again :(

I listened back on a delay last night and it drifted into The Late Show. However, attempting to listen back again this morning The Late Show begins as the 10pm News.

It’s frustrating that there is always some missing audio from WATG for midweek shows.

What a great feeling this morning. Defensively the team were immense. I'm so proud of the club.

We done what so many teams have done to us in the past a dash of dark arts, defending like hero`s and taking the chance we needed.

Get on !

Sixth visit to Wembley!!

Never would I have believed that would happen.

We done what so many teams have done to us in the past a dash of dark arts, defending like hero`s and taking the chance we needed.

Get on !

Sixth visit to Wembley!!

Yep same for me

Feeling a bit rough this morning, but wow. Great effort from every single one of the boys last night.

Cumming played a blinder, Brannagan was his usual brilliant self, Brown was exceptional, and that clearance off the line by Long was heroic.

I reckon Wembley is a complete sell-out. Up the yellows 🟡

Cumming, post Bolton, has been exceptional. Credit where credits due because I had written him off as a poor signing. The form he’s in now I don’t think I could choose between him and Beadle - a very close call.

Watching the game last night, one of the unlucky ones unable to get a ticket, there seem to be plenty of spaces where the Oxford fans were located, don’t get that

Cumming, post Bolton, has been exceptional. Credit where credits due because I had written him off as a poor signing. The form he’s in now I don’t think I could choose between him and Beadle - a very close call.
Agreed - I've been reluctant to say it for fear of the jinx, but at the beginning, it was a toss up between Cumming and Eastie for blunders per game.

But no more. From memory, he hasn't made a mistake for a while, must be growing confidence from playing regularly again. Blinder last night :)

Yep same for me
I’ve done four. The two JFT finals, play offs against York and of course the big one v QPR in 1986. Missed Stevenage.
Not sure about this one as I’m due radiotherapy and might have to settle for the comfort of TV

Get on !

Sixth visit to Wembley!!

4th for me
I stuck to my principles and boycotted the Cov match after the youth teams got let in.:ROFLMAO:

A Peterborough fan acting all moralistic when you’ve got MacAnthony and Fry running the club - laughable! 🤣
Hang on, he's having a go at Barnsley for leaving seats in the away end empty to gain an advantage, Peterborough did exactly that themselves... And that's ignoring the rubbish about Cumming going down 'every 5 seconds', think it was twice wasn't it? Peterborough weren't all angels themselves, plenty of diving and going down easily.

Hang on, he's having a go at Barnsley for leaving seats in the away end empty to gain an advantage, Peterborough did exactly that themselves... And that's ignoring the rubbish about Cumming going down 'every 5 seconds', think it was twice wasn't it? Peterborough weren't all angels themselves, plenty of diving and going down easily.
And the players were only slipping over in the half of the pitch that they watered at HT!

Back
Top Bottom