Away Match Build Up 08/05/2024: L1 Play-Off SF 2nd Leg - Peterborough vs OUFC

Who Will Be Going To Wembley?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I’d drop Goodrham for an extra midfielder alongside Brannagan.

Possibly a chance for McGuane.
If you bring in anyone then for me it has be McEachran.

It’s going to be a very different game than last night and we will have to be comfortable without the ball and being under pressure for large spells of the game.
On the break though we can be very dangerous and now under Des we are a lot more solid in defence.

Score prediction is 1-1.

I think I’d drop Goodrham for an extra midfielder alongside Brannagan.

Possibly a chance for McGuane.
Absolutely not! Goodrham plays his socks off and gets into players. High praise from Sky pundits for his work rate and it's clear that he can get players rattled. Add to that his ability to pick a good pass and, on occasion get a powerful shot away, he is a vital cog in that high pressing game. By all means, later in the game take him off for fresh legs but, do not under estimate his effectiveness.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned before, but it occurred to me earlier if the tie goes to penalties (which I think it might well do),
Peterborough have their fans behind both goals. No idea of the stats, but that may well be an advantage?

Absolutely not! Goodrham plays his socks off and gets into players. High praise from Sky pundits for his work rate and it's clear that he can get players rattled. Add to that his ability to pick a good pass and, on occasion get a powerful shot away, he is a vital cog in that high pressing game. By all means, later in the game take him off for fresh legs but, do not under estimate his effectiveness.

I think some fans don’t appreciate the pressing and work rate of Goodrham and Rodrigues in the current system.

I don’t want to predict a score… I don’t want to pick which team will win i just want to sit in a corner and be quiet and pray …. I’m already shitting it about this game

Judging by the Peterborough forum, our fans might as well not show up because they will easily overturn the scoreline and we are "shite", despite winning an aggregate of 6-0 against them in the last two games.

It's going to be tight this but I do think 'boro progress after ET and pens. Who knows though, counter attacking may well suit us to a tee.

Need to keep it tight the first 30. If they get one early they’ll overwhelm us with momentum I think. The longer we can keep it goalless the more edgy their fans (and players) will get, especially with that famous second leg capitulation 12 months ago.

If we are to lose, it occurred to me that there’ll probably be the now-standard pitch invasion by their fans at the final whistle. Which would be a real shame, as we wouldn’t be able to give our players the send off their efforts this season I think would merit. (And would, of course, have horrible echoes of 2006.)

Need to keep it tight the first 30. If they get one early they’ll overwhelm us with momentum I think. The longer we can keep it goalless the more edgy their fans (and players) will get, especially with that famous second leg capitulation 12 months ago.

If we are to lose, it occurred to me that there’ll probably be the now-standard pitch invasion by their fans at the final whistle. Which would be a real shame, as we wouldn’t be able to give our players the send off their efforts this season I think would merit. (And would, of course, have horrible echoes of 2006.)
How about we score first, that puts the pressure all on them.
Let's believe folks and play our part in getting the boys over the line.

I don’t want to predict a score… I don’t want to pick which team will win i just want to sit in a corner and be quiet and pray …. I’m already shitting it about this game
I'm just like " we're half way there, living on a prayer"

Trying not to think about it til the day although not easy when I keep coming on here

Judging by the Peterborough forum, our fans might as well not show up because they will easily overturn the scoreline and we are "shite", despite winning an aggregate of 6-0 against them in the last two games.

It's going to be tight this but I do think 'boro progress after ET and pens. Who knows though, counter attacking may well suit us to a tee.
To be fair, the fans that are going to be in the away end aren’t the truly loyal ones anyway as the super fans didn’t get tickets…

Too soon? πŸ˜…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom