Away Match Build Up 18/05/2024: L1 Play-Off Final - Bolton vs Oxford

Who Will Be Playing Championship Football Next Year?

• Bolton

Votes: 33 24.6%
  • Oxford

Votes: 101 75.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carpy

Staff member
Last edited by a moderator:
Goodnight yellows. Tomorrow will be a fantastic day regardless of the score. Just buzzing to be there with you all!

Win or lose, up the bloody U's!

They always ruin it.

β€œPromotion means more to our club than Oxford”

What a load of utter s**t.

You spent a year or two in L2. How about four in the Conference? How about having the ownership of your own ground removed and then being forced to pay millions to play in a three sided s**t hole?

Have a s**t day.
Add to that the speed with which the likes of Bolton, Wigan and Derby were able to shake off the debts accrued from years of overspending and financial mismanagement with the minimum of punishment from the EFL. Back where they. β€˜belong’ - B*****s.

Hi Oxford fans. IM A barnsley fan, best of luck on sunday. I grew up in barnsley, but I was born and spent my first 4 years in Cowley, Oxford. The JPT final for me was a perfect final oxford v barnsley. Spoke to so many O's fans at wembley. I hope you beat Bolton, we could of won through in 2nd leg, bad 1st leg. Come on u oxford.
Were Orient playing? We are the U’s.

Thanks for the good wishes!

Travelling up on my own tomorrow, leaving it a little late because I have morning plans but hopefully should get to Wembley by 2-2:30ish. Got no plans when I get there, got no one to go with, but I refuse to miss this game. I've had an absolutely s**t last month or so and OUFC have been the one real shining light in that period so solo or not I was always going to be there.

I fished out last season's yellow shirt earlier and got the pleasant surprise that it still somewhat fits (just about!). I have the black one from a couple years back that fits better, but I feel like I need to be in yellow tomorrow.

Nervous. Excited. This week has dragged on so long I wish the game would just hurry up and arrive.

Nearly there guys, not long to wait for the game now. Don’t know about you but how long has this week been since we both qualified and we even have to wait until 4:15 to kick off, that’s just adding to the pain? Anyway, for those who are in any way superstitious Wanderers have never lost a play off final when they’ve finished third so I’m hoping we don’t break that run tomorrow. The one thing you can always count on with Wanderers is that we always make things harder than they need to be. Look at the Barnsley semi final and also the 95 Reading final giving them a two goal start plus a penalty, fortunately saved brilliantly, so however the game goes tomorrow you can bet it will be close. I know only the winners can really enjoy the day so I can’t wish you luck but I think promotion means more to our club than maybe Oxford given where we were just a few years ago. Only 15 clubs have spent more years in the top flight in their history than Wanderers and we need this next step to getting back there so go easy on us, you can have your day next year? 😁
Big head..

Travelling up on my own tomorrow, leaving it a little late because I have morning plans but hopefully should get to Wembley by 2-2:30ish. Got no plans when I get there, got no one to go with, but I refuse to miss this game. I've had an absolutely s**t last month or so and OUFC have been the one real shining light in that period so solo or not I was always going to be there.

I fished out last season's yellow shirt earlier and got the pleasant surprise that it still somewhat fits (just about!). I have the black one from a couple years back that fits better, but I feel like I need to be in yellow tomorrow.

Nervous. Excited. This week has dragged on so long I wish the game would just hurry up and arrive.
I'm also travelling on my own from Banbury tomorrow, but think I'll be a little earlier on the 12:11 train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom