Away Match Build Up 06/01/2024: FAC R3 Cov City vs OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokeu

Spurs, Arsenal , Villa or Salford United away please.

Assuming this game doesn't go to a replay can the Pompey game be played on the Tuesday 16th Jan?

Hi all - Train is not a good idea, as it is once an hour - I think goes around 5 to the hour from the Ground, so depends on stoppage time, you may have a good wait - plenty of buses and taxes and wont be a big crowd - probably 10-12k
We have picked up significantly lately as our new signings have bedded in, but I assume we will make wholesale changes for the cup tie to give some a rest, and a game to some who have not featured lately (and maybe a goodbye to some of our older players)
We typically dont do well in this competition under Mark Robins, as he uses it to rest some of his overused players, so depending on how up for it you are - a win for Oxford would not be a massive surprise, -
Enjoy the day and the rest of the season
Gee, the magic of the cup.

Coventry are finding some form and are currently 8th, so for me, this is a no pressure game. Away to a Championship club, we should expect to be beaten by a better opponent, if we lose it’s meh… if we win it’s happy days. All I want is for us to come away injury free.

Coventry are finding some form and are currently 8th, so for me this game there is no pressure. Away to a Championship club, if we lose it’s meh… if we win it’s happy days. All I want is for us to come away injury free.

If we want to be a Division 1/"Championship" team as soon as next season then we need to be performing against clubs like Coventry.

Remember they were in with us not that long ago, and the parallels with their ground saga are fairly frightening. :)

It depends how many players Coventry put on the subs bench they are playing well are in good form and the league will definitely be there priority. A draw and back at the Kassam would be a great result.

We have picked up significantly lately as our new signings have bedded in, but I assume we will make wholesale changes for the cup tie to give some a rest, and a game to some who have not featured lately (and maybe a goodbye to some of our older players)
We typically dont do well in this competition under Mark Robins, as he uses it to rest some of his overused players, so depending on how up for it you are - a win for Oxford would not be a massive surprise, -
Enjoy the day and the rest of the season
Getting your excuses in early!

there will be streams as it is selected for overseas broadcast - hence the early kick off

Slightly surprised (in a good way) but it is being streamed on ESPN+ here - they are streaming all five of the early kickoffs on Saturday (even though you would have thought that the vast majority of neutrals will want to watch Sunderland vs. Newcastle?).

So us US exiles will be able to watch, and you should be able to find a stream somewhere back home......

Slightly surprised (in a good way) but it is being streamed on ESPN+ here - they are streaming all five of the early kickoffs on Saturday (even though you would have thought that the vast majority of neutrals will want to watch Sunderland vs. Newcastle?).

So us US exiles will be able to watch, and you should be able to find a stream somewhere back home......
Same in Oz. Paramount+ look to be streaming all the games from this round on.

Can't believe Coventry are 8th and 3pts off the playoffs! When Des was appointed and up to the 27th of November, Coventry were 20th - two places above the relegation zone. They must be some serious form to climb that significantly in such a short space of time especially as there was quite a gulf between the lower teams and the playoffs. This will be a very difficult tie.

Can't believe Coventry are 8th and 3pts off the playoffs! When Des was appointed and up to the 27th of November, Coventry were 20th - two places above the relegation zone. They must be some serious form to climb that significantly in such a short space of time especially as there was quite a gulf between the lower teams and the playoffs. This will be a very difficult tie.
Take a look at the Championship table. From about seventh to about 19th isn't separated by many points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom