Away Match Day Thread 06/01/2024: FAC R3 Cov City vs OUFC

Who was it man of the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit I was about to leave when the 6th went in, but my 6 year old grandson said why? It hasn't finished and we might still win. Even eggy wouldn't be that positive lol.
I was dragged away after the fifth as the driver wanted to get out of the car park. I hate leaving early, I still thought we might get a goal back

Because it was flicked on to Joe Bennett which completely changed the ball's direction towards the near post from towards the back post area (but not on target imo). It should have been classed as an own goal imo.
Definitely got a deflection but I think Eastwood could have at least stuck a hand up to try and stop it as well. I've only just got round to putting myself through the highlights and Christ we looked ropey. If anyone hasn't seen them yet then I can summarise our defensive performance below

1000020942.jpg

Glad you enjoyed abandoning ship.
Time in this life is precious, and if you're not enjoying watching your team getting spanked then why not take the opportunity to do something else if you think it's better use of your time. Of course, you have to be prepared to risk missing the potential 7-6 victory...

There's no special place in heaven for us martyrs who stubbornly refuse to leave a game early.

I’m not on Twitter, has anyone tweeted the club and senior figures with a list of questions about progress with the ground?
It’s the same simple question I’ve asked, and been shot down for asking recently. No one can answer it adequately which points to failings in either the ‘supporters groups’, the management of the club or both.

Glad people enjoyed my 8am train breakfast.

Anyway , Dhillon’s brewery on the industrial estate next to the ground was a good choice. Shame they didn’t have ANY of their own beers on draft. Or any cask ales at all.

However getting into the ground wasn’t quite as easy squeezing past 1000s of home fans.

First half we had our tween fans with their supposedly ironic chants “we’ve won the ball”.
This wasn’t a humiliation against an equal team. Coventry put out a first team and a top third championship team is way better than a top third L1 team with several first team out .

Second half at 4-1 we abandoned ship and went to Coventry United vs Newport Pagnell.
Nice non-league ground they share with Coventry rugby. So a 4g pitch, a decent main stand and facilities under the main stand. Coventry came back from 2-0 down to 3-2 so an entertaining end to the afternoon and friendly Coventry United players and management after the game.
I've only just read this twattish last paragraph of your post. I genuinely would love to see you wear your 8 am breakfast one day and for that reason I may purchase you a sou'wester.

The team we know at the moment are light years away but for you to gloat on how you abandoned your team shows what a shower of horses backsides we house in our ranks and you moan about some tweens ffs. You are their equal on walking away from your side and gloating like that.

COYY'S

You one of the “we got the ball” funny fans ?
Er, nope.
But very surprised at how proud you seem to be of leaving half way through, then your faux enjoyment of another game to rub it in.

I've only just read this twattish last paragraph of your post. I genuinely would love to see you wear your 8 am breakfast one day and for that reason I may purchase you a sou'wester.

The team we know at the moment are light years away but for you to gloat on how you abandoned your team shows what a shower of horses backsides we house in our ranks and you moan about some tweens ffs. You are their equal on walking away from your side and gloating like that.

COYY'S

A. He wasn't gloating.
B. He goes to loads of matches
C. We can't all be perfect like you are.

Definitely got a deflection but I think Eastwood could have at least stuck a hand up to try and stop it as well. I've only just got round to putting myself through the highlights and Christ we looked ropey. If anyone hasn't seen them yet then I can summarise our defensive performance below

View attachment 17273

Reaction wise, Eastwood isn't a patch on Beadle who may have reacted. Back earlier in his career with us Eastwood may have reacted to save it but not now as it was a significant change in direction.

Agree about the overall defending, it was horrible. Thorniley for the 2nd goal was just embarrassing.

Reaction wise, Eastwood isn't a patch on Beadle who may have reacted. Back earlier in his career with us Eastwood may have reacted to save it but not now as it was a significant change in direction.

Agree about the overall defending, it was horrible. Thorniley for the 2nd goal was just embarrassing.
For fucks sake it wasn’t Eastwood’s fault we lost yesterday. Who knows if Beadle would have saved some of the shots in the 2nd half.

I’m happy for him to be our back-up keeper as and when needed, and I guess we need him at the moment, so he gets my support.

COYY'S

The job was done and the game was over…. Why criticise someone for deciding to further contribute to football at grass roots level?

It‘s a personal choice at the end of the day and I am not sure where the gloating or twattish comments comes from.

Maybe give your head a wobble and respect the fact that many people spend an awful lot of time and money following their beloved club home and away, but sometimes it’s okay to do something different.

All this talk of abandoning your club or not singing loud enough or long enough is all pretty sad and pathetic.

We are all fans and we all want the same thing. No one is “walking away”, so your derogatory comments are uncalled for.

Maybe start by accepting that you are not special, you are not a hero and you are no more a fan than the rest of us, although perhaps maybe you do need to grow up a bit.

I think it was the shock of seeing me at a game that caused @MarkG & Co to bale out. :ROFLMAO:

People left at 4-1
People left at 5-2
People left when Number 6 went in.
Some masochists, like me, stayed to the end.

We all have choices. 🤷‍♂️

Why are people saying they're worried for the future of the club? Or that we may not exist in two years? Is this standard yellowsforum doom because we lost and we don't know how to contain ourselves or is there an actual threat?

I think it was the shock of seeing me at a game that caused @MarkG & Co to bale out. :ROFLMAO:

People left at 4-1
People left at 5-2
People left when Number 6 went in.
Some masochists, like me, stayed to the end.

We all have choices. 🤷‍♂️
I suppose it was nice to be at a game, so make the most of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom