Away Match Day Thread 06/01/2024: FAC R3 Cov City vs OUFC

Who was it man of the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people saying they're worried for the future of the club? Or that we may not exist in two years? Is this standard yellowsforum doom because we lost and we don't know how to contain ourselves or is there an actual threat?
Nothing to do with the recent performances on the pitch, more to do with the lack of a planning application going in, the lack of an assistant manager, the lack of communication from those owning/running the club and a dose of transfer windowitis.

All of those factors might mean nothing (plans being worked on and will go in within a couple of weeks, assistant manager is excellent quality and under contract elsewhere - just a question of time, owners will communicate when there is something substantial to say, we have a whole load of top notch players just about to put pen to paper) or everything (owners getting cold feet about the stadium and so don't want to spend money on an assistant manager or decent players and don't want to say anything until they have made a decision and add in the fact that in a couple of years without the new stadium we will have nowhere to play).

Sprinkle in some rumours about players and senior staff wanting to jump ship, injuries that never seem to clear up, new injuries and the number one choice keeper being recalled and it's quite difficult to be that confident and none of it makes for a feel good factor.

We should know a lot more by the end of the month, for good or ill.

I suppose it was nice to be at a game, so make the most of it.

I`ve been very busy, like I said we all have choices and sometimes other factors influence those choices very heavily.

Hopefully the extension to EY Towers will happen, mostly, in the close season! :ROFLMAO:

Nothing to do with the recent performances on the pitch, more to do with the lack of a planning application going in, the lack of an assistant manager, the lack of communication from those owning/running the club and a dose of transfer windowitis.

All of those factors might mean nothing (plans being worked on and will go in within a couple of weeks, assistant manager is excellent quality and under contract elsewhere - just a question of time, owners will communicate when there is something substantial to say, we have a whole load of top notch players just about to put pen to paper) or everything (owners getting cold feet about the stadium and so don't want to spend money on an assistant manager or decent players and don't want to say anything until they have made a decision and add in the fact that in a couple of years without the new stadium we will have nowhere to play).

Sprinkle in some rumours about players and senior staff wanting to jump ship, injuries that never seem to clear up, new injuries and the number one choice keeper being recalled and it's quite difficult to be that confident and none of it makes for a feel good factor.

We should know a lot more by the end of the month, for good or ill.
It certainly doesn’t feel like the stars will align meaning we’ll get promotion and the green light for the stadium. In fact it currently feels like the opposite which is odd for a team that’s 5th in the league, don’t you think!

It certainly doesn’t feel like the stars will align meaning we’ll get promotion and the green light for the stadium. In fact it currently feels like the opposite which is odd for a team that’s 5th in the league, don’t you think!
It does feel odd. But some of that *is* down to the on field performances. It's a been a while (well back into Manning's tenure) since we were convincing for a couple of games in a row (or even two halves in a row). The first XI is getting ever weaker and if we were starting the season again with the currently available first team, there is absolutely no way we'd be fifth.

For fucks sake it wasn’t Eastwood’s fault we lost yesterday. Who knows if Beadle would have saved some of the shots in the 2nd half.

I’m happy for him to be our back-up keeper as and when needed, and I guess we need him at the moment, so he gets my support.

Which is what I said when the game was ongoing and we had conceded 3 when others were blaming him for those goals. So where am I blaming Eastwood for the defeat exactly as a question was asked about the 1st goal and I responded to that and then another poster's response to my point?

It doesn't change that Eastwood's reaction time isn't the same as when he was younger or that it isn't near Beadle's.

Last edited:
Which is what I said when the game was ongoing and we had conceded 3 when others were blaming him for those goals. So where am I blaming Eastwood for the defeat exactly as a question was asked about the 1st goal and I responded to that and then another poster's response to my point?

It doesn't change that Eastwood's reaction time isn't the same as when he was younger or that it isn't near Beadle's.
Wasn’t saying you were, just echoing your comments really 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom