Chairman Winding up order served by Kassam

I'm going to go a bit against the grain here and be more outraged against FK for this action rather than Tiger and the board. Why now ? How is this action, brought by the self appointed custodian of the club, anything other than an attempt to stir up further animosity and ill will between the two parties. I can see no business sense in taking this course at the present time.

This is purely a vindictive "don't f**k with me" message, designed to cause not simply [further] financial problems, but to embarrass and destabilise the board. I thought that Stadco was being petty on Saturday but now it appears that this is a conserted effort against the club and it's officers.
Think you’re right - Ka££am wouldn’t be doing this now if we were in the top six. He just wants to heap more misery
on the club , divide the fanbase and deliver another crushing blow.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the outcome of the arbitration? From memory the reports I read over the years all implied kassam simply refused to have anything to do with the process. So presumably the debt has built up while in arbitration.

Now that's over, he's after his cash. But I can't find anything about how the arbitration finished, did we just give up?

If we didn't, the arbitration would have led to a settlement - doesn't look like they're had been one.

There was an old service charge dispute when Lenagan and Thomas were in charge. I think this was something about the amounts in the licence agreement not being enough and Kassam argued that a mistake meant it should have been actual costs. Which they then settled.

The previous 2017 accounts for OUFC and Stadco referred to a new dispute under Eales’s ownership around £600k which was in arbitration , from memory but the most recent Stadco dropped that note so I guess that means the dispute has been cleared. If not paid.

I think that Firoka would have a deal with OUFC Ltd or whatever the company name is, not Eales. When he sold the company, the new owner takes on everything.

Eales is astute enough not to guarantee anything in his own name I'd of thought
Maybe but the non payment of the service charge started with Eales

Think you’re right - Ka££am wouldn’t be doing this now if we were in the top six. He just wants to heap more more misery
on the club , divide the fan base and deliver another crushing blow.
Wants us out of the picture does Ka$$am as houses=cash which really is the only thing outside of family he is interested in.

There was an old service charge dispute when Lenagan and Thomas were in charge. I think this was something about the amounts in the licence agreement not being enough and Kassam argued that a mistake meant it should have been actual costs. Which they then settled.

The previous 2017 accounts for OUFC and Stadco referred to a new dispute under Eales’s ownership around £600k which was in arbitration , from memory but the most recent Stadco dropped that note so I guess that means the dispute has been cleared. If not paid.
I am confused now , so are you saying this is a fresh dispute and not from DE times?

Wants us out of the picture does Ka$$am as houses=cash which really is the only thing outside of family he is interested in.

You’re statement is right but it also says what I’ve been saying OCC couldn’t give a s**t about us, all this constant bullshit they come out with about helping us out with a new ground and such, and yes the OCC want our ground so they can build more houses.

I am confused now , so are you saying this is a fresh dispute and not from DE times?

No. There was an old dispute under Lenagan which they paid. Then there is a new dispute under Eales. Whether it’s the same points I don’t know.

I am well aware of the fact of whe the WUP proceedings would’ve started although as I see it he has wanted us gone for a long time as the state of the pitch, toilets , concourses etc prove. FK would get his money as our assets eg players would be sold.
The pitch was laid by DE, the facilities are always in that condition it’s the nature of the building, I don’t believe he does want rid of us.

Tiger continually gives the impression he has money. I wish he would prove it and pay what is due. Much as I dislike Firoka it looks like he’s being portrayed as the villain when he is only the arch villian

Does the stadium have to remain as sporting facility even if Oufc are no longer there, I thought there was a restriction on the sites use? Would firoz be able to build houses on it, without the council overturning this?

Does the stadium have to remain as sporting facility even if Oufc are no longer there, I thought there was a restriction on the sites use? Would firoz be able to build houses on it, without the council overturning this?
The council aren’t on our side so I’m sure they would try and wrangle something out of it

We have an option to extend the lease, he only has to put up the lease to make it hard for us to sign again.
This WUP was started a while ago long before last Thursday, hard to see why this is unravelling like this, it's the fans who suffer as always.
Would of FK of got his money if we went into administration.
It has been said a number of times that the club have the option to renew the lease on the same terms. So he can't simply put up the lease.

What I can’t work out if this business with the non payment of the service charge, did Eales sell the club cheaper because of the ongoing issue with the service charge? Did a legal team who would have been present at the exchange of contracts not make enquiries, if not then why can’t we tell firoka that this was Eales we will pay our service charge and you then chase Eales for his share and put Solihull motors in the s**t
It is in the name of Oxford United. When Eales sold up there would have or not have been an agreement as to whether Eales has any liability on this.
It seems pretty clear that wasn't the case. So OUFC owe the money.
Eales played a clever game in that he stopped paying the service charge whist going to arbitration leaving the bill for Tiger to pick up

The council will want the stadium as part of their South Oxford Science Village scheme, so FK has had his chips there, but more retail outlets probably wouldn't go amiss. If I were a scheming man, I'd say that someone was trying to make sure OUFC couldn't renew the lease, because if they do, all you have is a stadium for another 25 years..........

Back
Top Bottom